Not connected, Your IP: 13.58.252.8
Staff

Eddie 2.11beta available

The options "start with windows" and "start minimized" dont work properly if you use both option at same time in Win 10.  AirVpn started with windows but not minimized

The options "start with windows" and "start minimized" dont work properly if you use both option at same time in Win 10.  AirVpn started with windows but not minimized

"Start minimized" bug in Windows confirmed. Under investigation.

Kind regards

When i exclude valve servers from running within the vpn the whole vpn network lock breaks. Any idea @staff?

I am on latest windows 10.

When i exclude valve servers from running within the vpn the whole vpn network lock breaks. Any idea @staff?

Hello!

Can you be more specific? Do you mean that Network Lock does not "lock" anymore anything else?

Kind regards

Yeah, it still shows that network lock is on but if i disconnect from airvpn(airvpn still running and network lock on) it allows everything to connect.
If i delete airvpn and then also remove the file from appdata and reinstall without the routes all work properly. 
I can pm you my logs if you tell me how, maybe they show something interesting. You can connect over to my pc if you want and see on your own i don't mind. 

Hello!

Can you be more specific? Do you mean that Network Lock does not "lock" anymore anything else?

Kind regards

Hello,

please make sure that:

• in "AirVPN" > "Preferences" > "Routes" the combo box "Not specified routes go:" is set to "Inside the VPN tunnel"
  • the IP range for the routes outside the VPN is correctly set

If in doubt please open a ticket and send us a system report ("Logs" > click life belt icon > paste) taken while the problem is occurring.

Also note that IP addresses in "Outside Tunnel" are not "locked" by Network Lock.

Kind regards

Hello,

please make sure that:

• in "AirVPN" > "Preferences" > "Routes" the combo box "Not specified routes go:" is set to "Inside the VPN tunnel"
  • the IP range for the routes outside the VPN is correctly set

If in doubt please open a ticket and send us a system report ("Logs" > click life belt icon > paste) taken while the problem is occurring.

Also note that IP addresses in "Outside Tunnel" are not "locked" by Network Lock.

Kind regards

First is correct and second is 155.133.247.0/24. I will make a ticket so i can also paste the logs. Can't seem to figure out how to pm them to you.

You can't PM the Staff account directly... Unless you're God . So a support ticket is fine.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Yeah, it still shows that network lock is on but if i disconnect from airvpn(airvpn still running and network lock on) it allows everything to connect.

If i delete airvpn and then also remove the file from appdata and reinstall without the routes all work properly. 

I can pm you my logs if you tell me how, maybe they show something interesting. You can connect over to my pc if you want and see on your own i don't mind.

We can confirm this bug with a preliminary test, on Windows ONLY.

WINDOWS USERS: IF YOU NEED NETWORK LOCK PLEASE DO NOT USE THE "ROUTES" FEATURE IN THE BETA CLIENT SOFTWARE UNTIL FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

EDIT: the above bug affects all versions for Windows from 2.11.3 to 2.11.8. Please upgrade to 2.11.9beta.

Kind regards

We can confirm this bug with a preliminary test, on Windows ONLY.

WINDOWS USERS: IF YOU NEED NETWORK LOCK PLEASE DO NOT USE THE "ROUTES" FEATURE IN THE BETA CLIENT SOFTWARE UNTIL FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

We will keep you informed.

Kind regards

Thanks. Guy at support ticket also confirmed.

No routes work great so good advice. 

New version 2.11.9beta RC6 is now available. Changelog from 2.11.8beta RC5:

• [bugfix] Windows - Executable path detection fix if launched from terminal
  • [bugfix] Windows - Start minimized
  • [change] Windows - CLI edition doesn't throw an exception if stdin is under redirection
  • [bugfix] Windows - Custom routes do not cause Network Lock failure anymore

Kind regards

Two minors:

• Setting a proxy will not cause Eddie to use the proxy for connecting to a server. To use a proxy here, I needed to set http-proxy. Did I overlook something?
  • Outside VPN Tunnel routes seem to be set twice:
. 2016.12.07 10:09:12 - OpenVPN > /bin/ip link set dev tun0 up mtu 1500
. 2016.12.07 10:09:12 - OpenVPN > /bin/ip addr add dev tun0 10.5.0.218/16 broadcast 10.5.255.255
. 2016.12.07 10:09:17 - OpenVPN > /bin/ip route add 10.190.1.119/32 via 192.168.137.1
. 2016.12.07 10:09:17 - OpenVPN > /bin/ip route add 0.0.0.0/1 via 10.5.0.1
. 2016.12.07 10:09:17 - OpenVPN > RTNETLINK answers: File exists
. 2016.12.07 10:09:17 - OpenVPN > /bin/ip route add 128.0.0.0/1 via 10.5.0.1
. 2016.12.07 10:09:17 - OpenVPN > /bin/ip route add 10.190.1.119/32 via 192.168.137.1
. 2016.12.07 10:09:17 - OpenVPN > ERROR: Linux route add command failed: external program exited with error status: 2

linux-35w2:/home/gigan3rd/Schreibtisch # airvpn -cli -version
I 2016.12.07 10:24:37 - Eddie client version: 2.11.9 / linux_x64, System: Linux, Name: openSUSE Leap 42.1 - Kernel \r (\l)., Mono/.Net Framework: v4.0.30319
. 2016.12.07 10:24:37 - Reading options from /root/.airvpn/AirVPN.xml
. 2016.12.07 10:24:37 - Profile options not found, using defaults.
F 2016.12.07 10:24:37 - An instance of Eddie is already running.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Two minors:

• Setting a proxy will not cause Eddie to use the proxy for connecting to a server. To use a proxy here, I needed to set http-proxy. Did I overlook something?

Hello!

Please try to set HTTP proxy in Eddie interface (and not with a custom directive), use at least one Outside VPN Tunnel route also from Eddie interface, connect to server, and post the filtered Stats->Generated OVPN and the system report (Logs > life belt icon > paste).

Kind regards

(No have tested beta version on Windows)

I still have this problem of slowness when I have to disconnect the eddie client, since version 2.11.5 > 2.11.9 (version 2.11.3 was perfect , but not avaiable). Sometimes I even have to force linux to shut down because the program no longer responds at all. This extreme slowness (or blocking) happens once I'm disconnected from the server. I tried with or without the network lock, it's the same. Would my Linux OS have a problem? (Also the pings do not appear)

Since , I use portable version 2.10 stable without mono, no delays but impossible to access the preferences.

Some help ?

Thanks

Two minors:

Hello!

Please try to set HTTP proxy in Eddie interface (and not with a custom directive), use at least one Outside VPN Tunnel route also from Eddie interface, connect to server, and post the filtered Stats->Generated OVPN and the system report (Logs > life belt icon > paste).

Kind regards

Got rid of OpenSUSE, fixed all reported issues.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Tested in Manjaro 16.10.3 64bits. 2.11.9 nothing happen and 2.10 ask for root password and nothing happen.

Manjaro KDE 5-64 running Eddie 2.11.9 Portable

now 2.11.9 is running again without mono installed

but from 2.11.5 I'm not seeing the Score (Stars are white) and seems there is no change when I switch from 'Speed' to 'Latency' or back in 'Servers'

tried also Eddie Portable in Mac Sierra and the Score and the Switch works perfectly

I'm attempting to run the portable version, which I just downloaded, on Ubuntu 16.04 but I get a crash.  what can I do?  I'm trying the portable because the Debian package, though it installs, won't run at all.  I get no window

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall ---> System.DllNotFoundException: $mono_libdir/libMonoPosixHelper.so

at (wrapper managed-to-native) Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall:_L_ctermid ()
  at Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at AirVPN.Platforms.Linux.GetExecutablePath () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AirVPN.Core.Platform.GetProgramFolder () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AirVPN.Core.Engine.Initialization () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AirVPN.UI.Linux.Program.Main () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall ---> System.DllNotFoundException: $mono_libdir/libMonoPosixHelper.so
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall:_L_ctermid ()
  at Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at AirVPN.Platforms.Linux.GetExecutablePath () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AirVPN.Core.Platform.GetProgramFolder () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AirVPN.Core.Engine.Initialization () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AirVPN.UI.Linux.Program.Main () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

oh yeah, here's the mono version I'm running:

$ mono --version

Mono JIT compiler version 4.6.2 (Stable 4.6.2.7/08fd525 Mon Nov 21 12:08:40 UTC 2016)Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
TLS:           __thread
SIGSEGV:       altstack
Notifications: epoll
Architecture:  amd64
Disabled:      none
Misc:          softdebug 
LLVM:          supported, not enabled.
GC:            sgen

ok, figured it out.  I ran this: `$ sudo apt-get install libmono-system-windows-forms4.0-cil` and everything just worked

I am using a clean install of Eddie 2.11.9 (RC6) on Windows 10x64.

The only options that I am using is to connect at start, start with Windows and Reconnect to the last server at start.

Mostly it works well but occasionally it will ignore the reconnect to the last server at start as I find that it has connected to another one, usually a NL one, a different country.

Also I tend to use the sleep function a lot and from what I have noticed so far that one causes the biggest issue of it not connecting to the server that it was on prior to sleep, although could you clarify if the client is meant to do this - remember its connection when the PC is in a sleep mode and reconnect to that same server when woken....?

One last thing that I have noticed. This morning when I realised that I was connected to an NL server I looked at the server options and even after refreshing the list, which does refresh fine, the latency values are no longer there.

I am now connected to a UK based VPN.

I have just disconnected the Eddie client and then exited it.

I have started it back up and it now connects me to a Canadian based VPN server - Tejat, rather than the UK based one I was connected to. But I would need clarification on this to know whether it is only supposed to connect to the last server that it was connected to when Windows is starting or on each time the client is started....?

I understand that there is a white list of countries and servers and that would offer some control but I would need to understand the limitations of the Eddie client when the PC wakes and restarting the client during a Windows session rather than on start up. 

No problem with the last Eddie 2.11.9 running in Opensuse TW

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

Hi,

As previously listed using an older Eddie version (2.11.5) on macOS 10.12.1, I'm receiving a similar error under the new 2.11.9 Eddie, which is being reproduced in exactly the same manner:

https://airvpn.org/topic/20087-eddie-2115-client-crash-macos-10121/

- Launch client,

- Eddie is stuck on 'Starting' displaying the Eddie client version string,

- Navigate to Servers tab, click the refresh button,

- Client displays an alert with the contents listed below in the spoiler tag,

- Client crashes.

A restart of my computer does not necessarily fix this.

Unexpected error. Please contact our support staff. - Object reference not set to an instance of an object -   at (wrapper managed-to-native) MonoMac.AppKit.NSApplication:NSApplicationMain (int,string[])
  at MonoMac.AppKit.NSApplication.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00041] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/3508/cbea5f86/source/xamarin-macios/src/AppKit/NSApplication.cs:94
  at Eddie.UI.Cocoa.Osx.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x000a6] in <6d89d52ecbf3476dacc59f119305a570>:0

AirVPN Support Report - Generated 2016-12-12 1:52 PM UTC

-- Important options not at defaults --
mode.protocol: TCP
openvpn.management_port: 3102

-- Logs --
I 2016.12.12 07:49:38 - Eddie client version: 2.11.9 / osx_x64, System: OSX, Name: 10.12.1, Mono/.Net Framework: v4.0.30319
. 2016.12.12 07:49:38 - Reading options from /Users/Username/.airvpn/AirVPN.xml
. 2016.12.12 07:49:38 - Data path: /Users/Username/.airvpn
. 2016.12.12 07:49:38 - Application path: /Applications/AirVPN.localized/AirVPN.app/Contents/MacOS
. 2016.12.12 07:49:38 - Executable path: /Applications/AirVPN.localized/AirVPN.app/Contents/MacOS/Eddie
. 2016.12.12 07:49:38 - Command line arguments (0):
. 2016.12.12 07:49:39 - Operating System: Unix 16.1.0.0 - Darwin Miwa.local 16.1.0 Darwin Kernel Version 16.1.0: Thu Oct 13 21:26:57 PDT 2016; root:xnu-3789.21.3~60/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

-- System --
Operating System: Unix 16.1.0.0 - Darwin Miwa.local 16.1.0 Darwin Kernel Version 16.1.0: Thu Oct 13 21:26:57 PDT 2016; root:xnu-3789.21.3~60/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Network Interface: lo0 (lo0, ID:lo0) - Loopback - Up
Network Interface: gif0 (gif0, ID:gif0) - Unknown - Unknown
Network Interface: stf0 (stf0, ID:stf0) - Unknown - Unknown
Network Interface: en0 (en0, ID:en0) - Ethernet - Up
Network Interface: en1 (en1, ID:en1) - Ethernet - Up
Network Interface: en2 (en2, ID:en2) - Ethernet - Up
Network Interface: p2p0 (p2p0, ID:p2p0) - Ethernet - Up
Network Interface: awdl0 (awdl0, ID:awdl0) - Ethernet - Up
Network Interface: bridge0 (bridge0, ID:bridge0) - Ethernet - Up
Network Interface: utun0 (utun0, ID:utun0) - Unknown - Up

Routing:

Default gateways:
127.0.0.1, lo0
192.168.1.1, en0

-- OS X

-- ifconfig
lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 16384
    options=1203<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,TXSTATUS,SW_TIMESTAMP>
    inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000
    inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128
    inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
    nd6 options=201<PERFORMNUD,DAD>
gif0: flags=8010<POINTOPOINT,MULTICAST> mtu 1280
stf0: flags=0<> mtu 1280
en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
    ether 14:10:9f:e5:ac:35
    inet6 fe80::14ab:6f12:6a7c:20ee%en0 prefixlen 64 secured scopeid 0x4
    inet 192.168.1.12 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.1.255
    media: autoselect
en1: flags=963<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX> mtu 1500
    options=60<TSO4,TSO6>
    ether 32:00:12:b8:7e:00
    media: autoselect <full-duplex>
en2: flags=963<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX> mtu 1500
    options=60<TSO4,TSO6>
    ether 32:00:12:b8:7e:01
    media: autoselect <full-duplex>
p2p0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 2304
    ether 06:10:9f:e5:ac:35
awdl0: flags=8943<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1484
    ether 86:22:70:37:00:b5
    inet6 fe80::8422:70ff:fe37:b5%awdl0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x8
bridge0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
    options=63<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,TSO4,TSO6>
    ether 32:00:12:b8:7e:00
    Configuration:
        id 0:0:0:0:0:0 priority 0 hellotime 0 fwddelay 0
        maxage 0 holdcnt 0 proto stp maxaddr 100 timeout 1200
        root id 0:0:0:0:0:0 priority 0 ifcost 0 port 0
        ipfilter disabled flags 0x2
    member: en1 flags=3<LEARNING,DISCOVER>
            ifmaxaddr 0 port 5 priority 0 path cost 0
    member: en2 flags=3<LEARNING,DISCOVER>
            ifmaxaddr 0 port 6 priority 0 path cost 0
    media: <unknown type>
utun0: flags=8051<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 2000
    inet6 fe80::9fc3:661d:4f5f:bf16%utun0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0xa

(apologies about this post after my post but I'm unable to see my posts until they have been approved)

Also,

In addition to taking several attempts to authenticate with the latest version of Eddie 2.11.9 where I click login, wait, and it says 'Failed due to timeout',

When it does connect, it wants to connect me to Alderamin in Vienna, Austria, which is not even on my continent. Admittedly, it's 3% utilized with under thirty users at time of posting, but prior versions of Eddie did not prefer servers across an ocean to servers that were local.

I would like to give my feedback on the experimental build. I find 2.10 a lot more solid than the 2.11 on Windows 7 x64. It's snappier, it connects to the servers a lot quicker, it so sluggish on the 2.11. I much prefer the UX on the 2.10 with tabs on top rather than on the left-hand side and I was rather surprised to find it generally performs better than the latest experimental build after it was recommended over the 2.10.