Not connected, Your IP: 3.14.141.228
Staff

Eddie 2.11beta available

+1 to this.

Windows 10 home, same build.  

Hello,

All of the previous versions of Eddie experimental worked without issue...

However with 2.11.6 on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.447), I get the following error on every start of AirVPN:

attachicon.gif2016.11.16_09h58m45s_001.jpg

I have Eddie set to connect automatically and it stops connecting at this point until I click "OK". Eddie then finishes connecting and works properly. Everything else seems to be working as expected. It is just this annoying error that halts connection and waits for me to click "OK" before connection will complete.

I tried both reinstalling "over the top" and a fresh "clean" install of Eddie as the error suggested, but neither helped and the error continues.

The issue appears to be related to "stunnel.exe" not finding a required file "zlib1.dll" (as far as I know I am not using the stunnel option)...

Just download zlib1.dll, there are plenty of sources online, and put it into the AirVPN folder.

Just download zlib1.dll, there are plenty of sources online, and put it into the AirVPN folder.

Why should I put anything (from an unknown source) into the folder that wasn't there before?

Eddie v2.11.5b has no zlib1.dll in its folder either and works flawless.

I downloaded and verified the latest Mac OS Version of Eddie and the below changes are not implemented.

• [change] stunnel 5.37 built with OpenSSL 1.0.2j
  • [change] OpenVPN 2.3.13 built with OpenSSL 1.0.2j

I downloaded and verified the latest Mac OS Version of Eddie in the below changes are not implemented.

•  

You are wrong, please re-download and re-install the package.

The versions for macOS are:

OpenVPN 2.3.13 x86_64-apple-darwin16.1.0 [sSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [MH] [iPv6] built on Nov 10 2016

[.] stunnel 5.37 on x86_64-apple-darwin16.1.0 platform [.] Compiled/running with OpenSSL 1.0.2j 26 Sep 2016

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

I downloaded and verified the latest Mac OS Version of Eddie in the below changes are not implemented.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
You are wrong, please re-download and re-install the package.The versions for macOS are:OpenVPN 2.3.13 x86_64-apple-darwin16.1.0 [sSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [MH] [iPv6] built on Nov 10 2016[.] stunnel 5.37 on x86_64-apple-darwin16.1.0 platform [.] Compiled/running with OpenSSL 1.0.2j 26 Sep 2016

I used the installer and I verified that I'm running 2.11.6. I will reinstall the app completely to see if that fixes the issue.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

You are wrong, please re-download and re-install the package.

The versions for macOS are:

OpenVPN 2.3.13 x86_64-apple-darwin16.1.0 [sSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [MH] [iPv6] built on Nov 10 2016

[.] stunnel 5.37 on x86_64-apple-darwin16.1.0 platform [.] Compiled/running with OpenSSL 1.0.2j 26 Sep 2016

I tested the installer and it keeps saying in the logs that its using the old version of openvpn and stunnel, but when I download the individual app it contains the latest version. 

I attached a photo showing that the openvpn version in the install and standalone app have been modified on a different date. 

Hello!

Please re-download the "Experimental" version, you will find Eddie 2.11.7beta.

Changelog from 2.11.6 (update to the changelog page imminent):

- [bugfix] Fixed the zlib1.dll dependencies under Windows
- [bugfix] OS X - Fixed the old openvpn version in .pkg (installer only)
- [new] Windows / Linux - New option IEC.

Kind regards

it looks like you have skipped fixing bugs for macOS Sierra in beta 6

looking forward for the next beta , please give fixing the macOS bugs a high priority

Hello!

Can you please specify and describe such bugs. and the way to reproduce them?

Kind regards

Hello Staff,

Thanks for the update!

Eddie 2.11.7 has fixed the issues that I had with Eddie 2.11.6.

Eddie 2.11.7 is running extremely well on my machine!

Thanks again...

Staff, I'll risk sounding uneducated here lol, but what's IEC? Hopefully it's not something related to an Internet Explorer Control panel something

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Good, but the ping problem is still there in Ubuntu 16.10

Which problem is that?

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello all,

I install and launch the Eddie 2.11.7 beta version. I had at the start the WFP error (Windows WFP, Add rule failed: WFP Error. (0x80320026)) so I deactivate it in options and now Eddie is running very well on my computer and I have no errors.

The WFP error is due to the stable Airvpn client network lock options who break my WFP of my Windows Vista OS.

Thanks bye ;-)

Hello!

Can you please check all of your firewall rules? Maybe you have a rate limit on ICMP. In Ubuntu, ufw is active by default, so you might like to check ALL the iptables rules (or the ufw full configuration). If in doubt, feel free to send everything to us in a ticket.

Kind regards

I think many issues could be filed on Github if code was updated there as well.

That being said, are you working on making eddie work on wayland?

@staff, I know you guys normally don't like to give ETAs but... do you've any idea of when you'll be able to release Eddie 3.x?

Ever since I installed Ubuntu 16.04 and have been using Eddie 2.11.x, I found that shutdown takes forever. And it has something to do with AirVPN, since when the client is not running, the shutdown is fast.

Does anyone else experience the same?

Ever since I installed Ubuntu 16.04 and have been using Eddie 2.11.x, I found that shutdown takes forever. And it has something to do with AirVPN, since when the client is not running, the shutdown is fast.

Does anyone else experience the same?

Shut down Eddie first if you want faster system shut downs.

Kind regards

Shut down Eddie first if you want faster system shut downs.

Kind regards

​Well, yes, that's the obvious solution . However, I like to have Eddie running 24/7. Is this long system-shutdown expected?

I never noticed it before, so it's probably a combination of the latest Ubuntu and the latest Eddie.. Either way, Eddie is not leaving my machine unattended..

Which problem is that?

This one:

Using Ubuntu 16.10 (fresh install) Latency doesn't works. Only have dots

You are not the first that have this kind of problem.

Unfortunately we currently don't know the cause.

(I just downloaded 16.10, install, install Eddie 2.11.5 .deb edition, and latency works).

Please report the terminal output ofping -c 1 -w 3 -q -n 109.232.227.132

from your Ubuntu 16.10, thanks.

victor@Ub-MS-7885:~$ ping -c 1 -w 3 -q -n 109.232.227.132

PING 109.232.227.132 (109.232.227.132) 56(84) bytes of data.

--- 109.232.227.132 ping statistics ---

1 packets transmitted, 1 received, 0% packet loss, time 0ms

rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 40.975/40.975/40.975/0.000 ms

victor@Ub-MS-7885:~$

Hello!

Can you please check all of your firewall rules? Maybe you have a rate limit on ICMP. In Ubuntu, ufw is active by default, so you might like to check ALL the iptables rules (or the ufw full configuration). If in doubt, feel free to send everything to us in a ticket.

Kind regards

I reinstalled Ubuntu 16.10 today (alternative one via torrent), and ufw was disabled by default. IPtables empty:

533808Capturedu20161120110750.png