Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.48.135
Staff

Eddie 2.11beta available

I would like to give my feedback on the experimental build. I find 2.10 a lot more solid than the 2.11 on Windows 7 x64. It's snappier, it connects to the servers a lot quicker, it so sluggish on the 2.11. I much prefer the UX on the 2.10 with tabs on top rather than on the left-hand side and I was rather surprised to find it generally performs better than the latest experimental build after it was recommended over the 2.10.

With which .NET framework? It's hard to provide exact numbers, but on our (few) Windows 7 x64 testing machines the user interface is roughly 100% faster, which is a remarkable improvement (up to 2 times faster in most user interface operations).

Kind regards

With which .NET framework? It's hard to provide exact numbers, but on our (few) Windows 7 x64 testing machines the user interface is roughly 100% faster, which is a remarkable improvement (up to 2 times faster in most user interface operations).

Kind regards

.NET Framework 4.6.1.

So far 2.10 appears to be more stable on my machine and not to mention it connects to the servers faster as well. The primary reason I uninstalled 2.11 was because my connection was suffering inactivity timeouts one after the other. You can see my log here. Could you have a look and perhaps shed some light on what is causing the random drops?

Thanks.

I am using Eddie 2.11.9 on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1 and it works great except the fact that I get no latency test results and have to constantly do a guessing game. Is there anyway I can get this to work. This bug is really annoying.

I am using Eddie 2.11.9 on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1 and it works great except the fact that I get no latency test results and have to constantly do a guessing game. Is there anyway I can get this to work. This bug is really annoying.

Currently not reproducible, we're sorry. As long as it's not reproducible, it does not exist for us: if you want to help us reproduce the problem (which is probably on your system for the current knowledge we have) please open a ticket.

Kind regards

Manjaro KDE 5-64 running Eddie 2.11.9 Portable

now 2.11.9 is running again without mono installed

but from 2.11.5 I'm not seeing the Score (Stars are white) and seems there is no change when I switch from 'Speed' to 'Latency' or back in 'Servers'

tried also Eddie Portable in Mac Sierra and the Score and the Switch works perfectly

and I forgot to tell the latency shows 6 numbers (e.g. 268817 ms)

So far 2.10 appears to be more stable on my machine and not to mention it connects to the servers faster as well. The primary reason I uninstalled 2.11 was because my connection was suffering inactivity timeouts one after the other. You can see my log here. Could you have a look and perhaps shed some light on what is causing the random drops?

Thanks.

Eddie for Windows 7 can run with .NET framework 2, while Eddie for Windows 8/10 needs .NET framework 4. Which Eddie version are you running?

Note that the inactivity timeouts occur on the OpenVPN flow, not on Eddie's. We see at least two important problems in those logs, on top of something interfering with UDP anbd/or OpenVPN packets (or just line instability): routes and outdated tun/tap driver (manual installation? you disabled auto-update in Eddie options?). Please feel free to open a ticket, this thread is probably not appropriate (because troubleshooting does not seem to involve Eddie beta bugs).

Kind regards

Thanks.

Eddie for Windows 7 can run with .NET framework 2, while Eddie for Windows 8/10 needs .NET framework 4. Which Eddie version are you running?

Note that the inactivity timeouts occur on the OpenVPN flow, not on Eddie's. We see at least two important problems in those logs, on top of something interfering with UDP anbd/or OpenVPN packets (or just line instability): routes and outdated tun/tap driver (manual installation? you disabled auto-update in Eddie options?). Please feel free to open a ticket, this thread is probably not appropriate (because troubleshooting does not seem to involve Eddie beta bugs).

Kind regards

Hi, thanks for having a look at the log. I am running version 2.10.3. Done a clean install and Eddie installed TAP drivers 9.21.1. I followed this guide to downgrade the TAP drivers as it is thought the latest release has issues. I thought a clean install had resolved the inactivity timeouts as I was amazed to see there was not a drop in connection in 24 hours until another timeout occurred. This was the longest so far I have managed to stay connected to your service.  

I update the TAP driver to the current release 9.21.2 to see if that would resolve the inactivity timeouts, but no such luck. I will have to open a ticket.

Hello,

I recently have problems with DNS leakage. It happened since I installed 2.11 Beta 9 but also happens with older versions I think.

I run Linux as my Server - NO PROBLEMS

MacOs Sierra as my Laptop - NO PROBLEMS

Windows 10 - DNS LEAKS ...

http://i.imgur.com/4a2GhCF.png

Here is a picture proving the DNS leak.

And here is the LOG FILE generated by lifesafer icon.

http://pastebin.com/ic4nkxHR

I referred to THIS ( https://airvpn.org/topic/18625-eddie-211beta-available/page-7?do=findComment&comment=46528 ) post and checked all settings. Everything is okay with the settings.

Greetings

Hello,

I recently have problems with DNS leakage. It happened since I installed 2.11 Beta 9 but also happens with older versions I think.

I run Linux as my Server - NO PROBLEMS

MacOs Sierra as my Laptop - NO PROBLEMS

Windows 10 - DNS LEAKS ...

http://i.imgur.com/4a2GhCF.png

Here is a picture proving the DNS leak.

I referred to THIS ( https://airvpn.org/topic/18625-eddie-211beta-available/page-7?do=findComment&comment=46528 ) post and checked all settings. Everything is okay with the settings.

Greetings

Have you sealed up webrtc leaks? Have you manually set DNS servers in your primary network adapter in Windows 10 (if so, set everything to acquire automatically both in your primary and tap adapter and restart AirVPN)? Is IPv6 still enabled(if so, disable at the adapter level)? Are you using network lock? If so, try either turning it off, or setting the firewall to use windows firewall only instead of WFP.

WebRTC sealed up.

DNS Server is set to Auto (except for when Eddie forces the AirVPN DNS Server)

IPv6 was enabled -> Disabled it now, made no difference.

What did the trick was actually disabling the network lock like you said... 

Not sure how I am able to fix that since I definitely want to keep my network lock.

I think on Linux the method is called IPTables.

How do I switch away from WFP?

Greetings and thanks for helping me!

Merry christmas (a little early, but hey )

Hello!

Can you please re-post it? That pastebin page content has been deleted.

Would you like to open a ticket with logs, at your convenience, citing your message in the thread? We would like to put you in touch with some developer, directly. We have tried with multiple combinations and in different ways, but we never managed to reproduce the issue...

Kind regards

To keep Network Lock enabled, but disable WFP, do this:

1.  Open the Eddie Client.

2.  Go to Preferences.

3.  Go to Network Lock.

4.  Go to Mode

5.  Change Mode to Windows Firewall.

Save everything, and try again.  Should be all sealed up DNS-wise, even with Network Lock active.  Don't know why, but that works for me.  Make sure you release Network Lock (if it's on), and then re-enable it after you make the change.

Hello!

Would you like to open a ticket with logs, at your convenience, citing your message in the thread? We would like to put you in touch with some developer, directly. We have tried with multiple combinations and in different ways, but we never managed to reproduce the issue...

Kind regards

Hello! I am very sorry, totally forgot to set the expiration date.

This one should be available much longer, I will also open a ticket. Thank you for getting in touch with me

http://pastebin.com/6QDc9udj

To keep Network Lock enabled, but disable WFP, do this:

2.  Go to Preferences.

3.  Go to Network Lock.

4.  Go to Mode

Save everything, and try again.  Should be all sealed up DNS-wise, even with Network Lock active.  Don't know why, but that works for me.  Make sure you release Network Lock (if it's on), and then re-enable it after you make the change.

Thanks! That did the trick, DNS leaks have disappeared now since forcing to use Windows Firewall.

This should be set to default.

Are there any negative/positive side effects to using WFP over Firewall? 

Hello!

Kind regards

Hello! I am very sorry, totally forgot to set the expiration date.

This one should be available much longer, I will also open a ticket. Thank you for getting in touch with me

http://pastebin.com/6QDc9udj

>To keep Network Lock enabled, but disable WFP, do this:

2.  Go to Preferences.

3.  Go to Network Lock.

4.  Go to Mode

Thanks! That did the trick, DNS leaks have disappeared now since forcing to use Windows Firewall.

This should be set to default.

Are there any negative/positive side effects to using WFP over Firewall? 

With WFP you may achieve greater interoperability between Eddie's NL and many third party security software suites - provided that they don't also modify WFP . The downside may be that WFP isn't as well-tested yet as just using Windows Firewall, but that's a non-issue really, as development is constantly ongoing .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I don't think you will notice any drawbacks as long as you don't need third party firewall programs.

I would like to give my feedback on the experimental build. I find 2.10 a lot more solid than the 2.11 on Windows 7 x64. It's snappier, it connects to the servers a lot quicker, it so sluggish on the 2.11. I much prefer the UX on the 2.10 with tabs on top rather than on the left-hand side and I was rather surprised to find it generally performs better than the latest experimental build after it was recommended over the 2.10.

Kind regards

Thanks.

Would you recommend I install .NET framework 2 to run the experimental Eddie to see if it runs faster? I was under the impression .NET Framework was backwards compatible.

They are to a certain extent, but it doesn't hurt to have pieces of additional frameworks installed.

I saw that OpenVPN 2.4 just got released. Will it be implemented in a future build of Eddie 2.11?

I wanted to provide positive feedback about beta 2.11.9 on Win10 64 bit. The original eddie client had ipv6 leak at ipleak test site even though disable ipv6 was set in eddie preferences. Yes, I know I can turn off ipv6 manually in Win10 connection, but would prefer the VPN client to handle ipv6. After uninstalling the original eddie and installing the beta, ipv6 is not reachable at the ipleak test site even though it is checked as active in the Win10 connection. Nice! I appreciate the great work AirVPN is doing with the beta client. I look forward to version 3. Perhaps we will also see ipv6 in the tunnel sometime in the future. Best regards...

I wanted to provide positive feedback about beta 2.11.9 on Win10 64 bit. The original eddie client had ipv6 leak at ipleak test site even though disable ipv6 was set in eddie preferences. Yes, I know I can turn off ipv6 manually in Win10 connection, but would prefer the VPN client to handle ipv6. After uninstalling the original eddie and installing the beta, ipv6 is not reachable at the ipleak test site even though it is checked as active in the Win10 connection. Nice! I appreciate the great work AirVPN is doing with the beta client. I look forward to version 3. Perhaps we will also see ipv6 in the tunnel sometime in the future. Best regards...

Staff said somewhere that IPv6 was planned for 2017

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Beta 2.11.9 tool tip is cut off on the right on both a laptop and desktop with different screen resolutions. A double line stack would resolve it.

The setup is still previous version, even the change log is updated

Agree. Looked in the change log to find 2.11.10. Downloaded the file for Win10 64b. Uninstalled Eddie 2.11.9 and installed the new file to find About still shows 2.11.9.

Update 01/03/17: Staff said in another thread 2.11.10 isn't public yet, but will be released when stable.

Staff may I suggest that you use the name "Eddie" in the actual client a bit more? It seems it's very easy for people to miss it and perhaps it would add to the name recognition a little more.

Some appropriate places could be: About page, at the top right corner next to the version number, it could say "Eddie Client Version 2.11.9" instead of just the number & at the top of the client, it could say "AirVPN Eddie Client" Maybe it would also be appropriate to put an entry into the "Stats" section, saying "AirVPN Client Software Name: Eddie" & "Client Version: 2.11.9", as the Stats section already contains other information, such as install paths. This wouldn't make the "About" page obsolete either, as it would still contain links to the various AirVPN software and such . Maybe even a line at the login screen which says "Welcome to the AirVPN Eddie Client" ?

Haha. Just my thoughts anyway .