Not connected, Your IP: 3.17.68.14
Waterwater10

Network lock disabled when Eddie is closed,

Previously it didn't ,matter if Eddie was open or not, the network would remain in the state it was before it was closed. Now, if I close Eddie the network lock disables. This means that the network lock isn't enabled at startup until Eddie has started.

I only have ClamWin AV which I haven't changed, but it has stopped working.

Hello!

Please ensure you're using the most up to date stable release of Eddie, to fix any bugs. What release are you on?

You can go to Eddies menu>About>See which version yours is. In the Beta, the number will be shown on bottom of the sidebar.

What you seem to be describing is expected from Eddie I think, since closing it down through its own menus, makes it restore prior firewall rules.

It was a bug in prior releases, which made it not restore rules. This sort of routinely flooded the forums with people wondering why they were left without a workable connection, when Eddie closed down.

I think the startup firewalling works differently on GNU/Linux as well and thus there's no leakage. I assume you ticked "Enable Network Lock at startup". Which platform are you on specifically?

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello!

Please ensure you're using the most up to date stable release of Eddie, to fix any bugs. What release are you on?

You can go to Eddies menu>About>See which version yours is. In the Beta, the number will be shown on bottom of the sidebar.

What you seem to be describing is expected from Eddie I think, since closing it down through its own menus, makes it restore prior firewall rules.

It was a bug in prior releases, which made it not restore rules. This sort of routinely flooded the forums with people wondering why they were left without a workable connection, when Eddie closed down.

I think the startup firewalling works differently on GNU/Linux as well and thus there's no leakage. I assume you ticked "Enable Network Lock at startup". Which platform are you on specifically?

Ver 2.13.6.

Is there any way I can set up a rule to make it block connections when Eddie isn't open?

Windows 10

Ver 2.13.6.

Hello!

Is there any way I can set up a rule to make it block connections when Eddie isn't open?

Windows 10

I'm not sure if there's a straightforward way to do it. But in practice anything can be done if you get deep enough into firewall software use. Maybe something can be done with the task scheduler.

Also, this Staff post confirms Eddie is doing what is intended.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello!

You can consider to enforce permanent firewall rules that block all the outgoing traffic from your system. In this way, the activation of Network Lock will unlock communications to our VPN servers and bootstrap servers only. When Network Lock is disabled, the previous "block all" rules will be restored.

This means also that as long as Eddie has not started, your system traffic is totally blocked (even at boot). Just make sure that you allow anyway DHCP communications to your router, they are vital to establish a connection inside your local network.

Kind regards