Not connected, Your IP: 3.139.238.76

Hi,

Just managed to get the AirVPN client working ok - or at least it "seems" to be working ok. There is something that I'm not sure about..

If I boot up the client and select a server my client says "Connected to xxxx"  (where xxxx is the server name).

If I then press the disconnect button, the client disconnects and then tells me "Not connected. Network Exposed".  This seems like proper behaviour. So far so good.

However, when in a browser, if I go to "What is my IP", my "REAL" internet address is returned whether I am connected to AirVPN or not. Is this correct? 

I would have thought that when I'm connected to an AirVPN server, I should get a different IP address reported by "What is my IP".  This is confusing.  

Which is correct - "What is my IP"  or the AirVPN client?  - Or am I asking a stupid question....?

Please advise.

Thanks. 

Hello,

if you see your real IP address in ipleak.net or you see the central bottom box in our web site home page red while your system should be in the VPN, something is not working properly. According to your description it seems that the connection is established but the traffic is not tunneled. Please publish the client logs after a connection has been allegedly established.

Kind regards

I'm having the exact same issue. Bear in mind that it's my first time getting to know VPN's. Yesterday it worked and i got a different IP adress. Today after i rebooted my PC it doesn't work anymore.

I'm logged in but in the upper right corner it says "Not connected. Network exposed." And i can google my ip adress.

Here is my log:

I 2016.01.05 12:26:33 - AirVPN client version: 2.10.3 / x64, System: Windows, Name: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0 / x64

. 2016.01.05 12:26:33 - Reading options from C:\Users\Martjin\AppData\Local\AirVPN\AirVPN.xml

. 2016.01.05 12:26:33 - Data Path: C:\Users\Martjin\AppData\Local\AirVPN

. 2016.01.05 12:26:33 - App Path: C:\Program Files\AirVPN

. 2016.01.05 12:26:33 - Executable Path: C:\Program Files\AirVPN\AirVPN.exe

. 2016.01.05 12:26:33 - Command line arguments (1): path="home"

. 2016.01.05 12:26:33 - Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0

. 2016.01.05 12:26:33 - Updating systems & servers data ...

I 2016.01.05 12:26:33 - OpenVPN Driver - TAP-Windows Adapter V9, version 9.21.1

I 2016.01.05 12:26:33 - OpenVPN - Version: OpenVPN 2.3.8 (C:\Program Files\AirVPN\openvpn.exe)

I 2016.01.05 12:26:33 - SSH - Version: plink 0.63 (C:\Program Files\AirVPN\plink.exe)

I 2016.01.05 12:26:33 - SSL - Version: stunnel 5.17 (C:\Program Files\AirVPN\stunnel.exe)

! 2016.01.05 12:26:33 - Ready

. 2016.01.05 12:26:33 - Systems & servers data update completed

I 2016.01.05 12:30:00 - Checking login ...

! 2016.01.05 12:30:00 - Logged in.

I 2016.01.05 12:30:07 - Session starting.

F 2016.01.05 12:30:07 - OpenVPN is already running.

I am a TOTAL newbie and don't understand this at all

I thought I connected (entered user name and PW), but at the top right it says Not Connected. Network Exposed.

And whether or not I'm connected, I don't see how I can browse on the internet. There is no obvious place for me to do that. What am I missing??? Help!

And if you request logs, then you'll have to tell me how to do that, too

I thought I connected (entered user name and PW), but at the top right it says Not Connected. Network Exposed.

And whether or not I'm connected, I don't see how I can browse on the internet. There is no obvious place for me to do that. What am I missing??? Help!

Hello!

It sounds like you could benefit from taking a glance at my new user guide, in the How-to forum. Also in my signature.

You open the Eddie client, connect to a recommended server and then you use a browser such as Firefox or Chrome to browse the net.

You probably thought that by signing in on the website, that that meant you were using the VPN. It isn't. You need the software.

Thus the site can see you're not using AirVPN and thus you get the message that you're exposed. It's all answered in my new user guide though.

Welcome to AirVPN!

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

you don't browse the internet within the AirVPN software.  get connected with the AirVPN software, then use your usual web browser, etc.

Thank you guys. I've read your comprehensive guide, LZ1, but it was in Martian to me... I did download and install the program. But it doesn't seem to be anonamyzing me.

Thank you, go558a83nk. I do realize that I don't browse THROUGH AirVPN. But I've tried "connecting" about 5 times with different servers, and a lookup on whatismyipaddress still shows my actual, current location. I'm not hidden. I've got the program set to run on bootup, and I've rebooted, but I'm still visible.

Does anything change if you turn on network lock and then go to ipleak.net ?

You may have to share some Eddie logs. Do check ipleak.net too.

Mars isn't so far away, relatively

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

LZ1 is speaking Martian -> he's coming from Mars -> he might still live there -> he wants a server in Mars because it'd be the closest server to him geographically!

Mystery solved, go home everyone.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.