3 replies to this topic

#1 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 6949 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

In this forum, the community posts suggestions about projects which would deserve a support (typically monetary support). One topic per project.
Projects must be compatible with AirVPN Mission: https://airvpn.org/mission .
If projects are based on software, the software must be free and open source.

In order to achieve total transparency, we would like to tie this project to AirVPN promotion but at the same time we wish that it is handled by the community to guarantee that it is a real and impartial work. Therefore we aim to build a staff of moderators that don't work with AirVPN Staff and can manage and decide how to distribute the funding availability that AirVPN service can allocate to no-profit projects.

EDIT: until now it has not been possible to build a staff of independent moderators. As a consequence, it's the whole community that proposes projects. Anyone can do that. Then, candidate projects are periodically voted by the whole community (only persons writing in the forum are allowed to vote). The typical poll period is 1-2 months, which can vary according to our funds allocation and availability. The supporting funds are delivered to the winning project.

Already funded projects can't be proposed again at least for 1 year. Regularly or periodically funded projects can't be proposed.

#2 HardnDbricks

HardnDbricks

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationHonolulu

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:06 AM

I am on a mission to find a way to protect and man my cyber property.  I have heard that it can not be protected from intruders.  Well then I am a decedent of great warrior souls particularly Native American Blackfeet Chiefdom I will build an Army of the Sun.  Thank you for making this service available.  I have friends that don't know of this service.   I will let them know

808 Front door knock or get caught and S... .. .... then shot.

#3 LZ1

LZ1

It's nice to be nice to nice people

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:20 AM

Hello!

Is there a time table for when polling starts, Air? It seems like there hasn't been a poll since 2014 - which is perhaps due to there not being so many projects being proposed.

Thank you :).

Open This Spoiler If: A Website Is Blocked, You Want To Help AirVPN, Find The Beta/Experimental Client Or You're A New User Wanting Help/Information

Spoiler

Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me if you want me to index it in my new user guide, so that the community can find it more easily.

Tired of Windows? Why Linux Is Better.

#4 greenclaydog

greenclaydog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:12 PM

I have not heard of any recent projects, maybe this would be a good thread to share some before a poll begins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Servers online. Online Users: 16122 - BW: 52611 Mbit/sYour IP: 54.224.197.251Guest Access.