Not connected, Your IP: 18.217.203.172
parack

Google domains cannot be reached

Since a couple of hours, I am not able to login to any Google based website including Gmail and Youtube. I have tried all different servers but none of it seems to work. When I disable my VPN, everything works fine. Is this a common issue or am I the only one with the problem? Thank you.

Posted ... (edited)

Having the same issues on the NL servers, switched over to the DE servers and it seems to be working fine there..

Edited ... by Baffle9018

I cannot reproduce. I use google services heavily from both Desktop and Mobile using AirVPN different servers and I have no problems whatsoever.
Sometimes google search engine asks for a "prove you are a human" captcha, but other than this, I have no problem. Have you tried clearing your cookies? Maybe you have some weird IP/cookie based security policy which I doubt.

I’m having the exact same thing!
google.tld (com, co.uk, NL, be etc) not working for me. 

Servers cannot be reached and time out. 

9 hours ago, Panja said:

I’m having the exact same thing!
google.tld (com, co.uk, NL, be etc) not working for me. 

Servers cannot be reached and time out. 

This was exactly what happened in my case yesterday. I have logged in without VPN and it seems to be working fine now even if I change to use VPN.

15 hours ago, Baffle9018 said:

Having the same issues on the NL servers, switched over to the DE servers and it seems to be working fine there..

I think we might be onto something. I was initially using NL servers but when it failed also checked on the servers in Germany, Belgium and Bulgaria (with a clear cache). None had worked but NL servers seems to be an intersection here.

is this a known problem now and trying to be solved ? i am experiencing the same since yesterday evening ( im on the NL servers)  still gives problems to several sites next to the ones that block the vpn already as suspicious. 

This is negative - still cannot reproduce.

I have just used google.com search, worked, logged into my gmail account and uploaded a document to google drive using Alrai NL server. There was not even a captcha required for search or anything like.
There has to be some other problem. Give more details.
I am using OpenVPN native (not Eddie) Windows 10 and Firefox latest browser.

Posted ... (edited)

In the eddie app in the dns settings I checked the options "Check AirVPN DNS" and everything started to work.
/unfortunately the problem has returned

Edited ... by angelboy

I am using airvpn with the whole Network by my pfsense modem on wireguard.
But many services are giving problems.
Home assistant can't connect by their service, can't update or load OneDrive also.

I’m using pfSense as well. 
Normally using WireGuard but also tried OpenVPN. 

It seems to be a problem routing www.google.tld gives me no route.

Routing google.tld (without www.) works on my end.

Routing seems to the problem in my opinion…

Posted ... (edited)

Hello there,
I am having the same issues here aswell, when connected to any server from NL, I get a timeout why trying to reach google. As for the browsers, I have tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Librewolf (firefox fork with privacy in mind).
But when I try to ping google servers via the cmd on windows 10 there are no problems, I am receiving ICMP responses from google.com. That is a very strange issue...

Edited ... by Kadagahr
fixed typo

Posted ... (edited)

Still having the issue on the NL servers using wireguard IPV4 only, (generated config no app). 
Hopefully this gets resolved soon :(

Edited ... by Baffle9018

When I was on the nl servers I manually added another DNS instead of the 10.*.*..
Used 1.1.1.1. Which is slower for me but then I could get Google again.

I can confirm that changing the DNS server to something else “fixes” the problem. 

I’m using unbound for recursive DNS. Outgoing interface for unbound is my VPN connection. It seems that the root servers for Google are blocking NL AirVPN servers for doing DNS requests. 

Well, it all worked pretty good ( using android i noticed at the wifi sign ! that says connection but no internet)  this was gone for a while when switched over to the German servers.
Now i see on outlook a notice that says Microsoft outlook can't connect to the server.
My home assistant uses one drive auto backup and this is also giving problems since it is trying to upload the backup over and over and over again since there seems to be something with connecting to Microsoft servers also.

Confusing, been trying allot of things, even redone my whole pfsense configuration.
Taking hours and hours but none seem to really give the answer, and seeing so little responses here it looks like there are not many people having the same problem or just not noticing it  ?
Any help /solution or whatever  , anybody ?

@Vincenttor

Hello!

We are monitoring the situation and we will keep you informed. In this moment we can't reproduce the issue with Google. All Google services are normally accessible from the Netherlands servers according to our tests.

Now i see on outlook a notice that says Microsoft outlook can't connect to the server.

This is a different problem caused by Microsoft blocks and noticed years ago. A workaround was available, anyway do not let us mix different problems in this thread. About Microsoft Outlook, and more in general for Office 365 and newer versions, we kindly ask you to re-direct yourself here:
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/27414-youll-need-internet-for-this-microsoft-services-when-using-ssl-tunnel/

A general approach:
https://www.macwheeler.com/windows-10-office-365-cannot-connect-over-openvpn-fixed/

Kind regards

(Using a Dutch server) I can f.i. not connect to google.es, google.ge and google.nl. I first noticed this when I was trying to use gmail as the issue started earlier this week. For what it's worth I have attached two text files, created today, with ping results to google domains... while using a Dutch VPN server (MATAR) and the other without using AirVPN ( + using OpenDNS).

MATAR_ping_results.txt NO_VPN_ ping_results.txt

I can't connect to www.gstatic.com when connected through Frankfurt, Germany servers, which is needed by any G services that require authentication.

Things work fine through the Swiss servers.

On 6/29/2023 at 2:47 PM, Staff said:
@Vincenttor

Hello!

We are monitoring the situation and we will keep you informed. In this moment we can't reproduce the issue with Google. All Google services are normally accessible from the Netherlands servers according to our tests.

This is a different problem caused by Microsoft blocks and noticed years ago. A workaround was available, anyway do not let us mix different problems in this thread. About Microsoft Outlook, and more in general for Office 365 and newer versions, we kindly ask you to re-direct yourself here:
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/27414-youll-need-internet-for-this-microsoft-services-when-using-ssl-tunnel/

A general approach:
https://www.macwheeler.com/windows-10-office-365-cannot-connect-over-openvpn-fixed/

Kind regards

Thanks . I'm having a problems on Germany servers now as well.
But the Microsoft thing has never been an issue I thought it was related to all started since Google ws giving problems here on my side.
Also the solution doesn't seem to work since my network is being Hidden by the VPN server.
So adding an adapter would not fix it also since they was OpenVPN and I'm using wireguard since the speeds are way better.

But thanks for informing me.
While writing when I want to visit Google I need to or change DNS instead of the VPN DNS you provide or go on mobile internet.

Still gives an exclamation mark next to my WiFi logo on my android phone .

Horologium
Eddie 2.22.1 DNS auto
Pinging www.google.com [172.217.23.196] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Pinging google.com [142.251.39.110] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 142.251.39.110: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=117

Horologium
Eddie 2.22.1 DNS 10.4.0.1 and reconnect
Pinging www.google.com [216.58.208.100] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 216.58.208.100: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=118
Pinging google.com [142.251.36.14] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 142.251.36.14: bytes=32 time=13ms TTL=117pls 

Well for me the problem is partially solved since I changed the airvpn dns to Google dns .all services work great again also Microsoft.
I'm no Network expert but looks like it's dns server related to me.
Also on the nl servers no more trouble when using another DNS then the 10.41.*.*