Not connected, Your IP: 18.221.187.121

Hi, first, i have read the faqs, but my questions are not in it.

1. Do i have to be connected to a server proxy (ie Lyncis) to torrent?

2. Do i seriously just need to put in the port forward and that's all i need?

3. Do i need to initiate a proxy server? ie setup PROXY server.

Thanks!

Hi! I've read the faq but i have a few more questions.

1. How do i actually setup my utorrent so that my torrenting will be private? it's the only reason i bought airvpn

2. Do i just insert the port that the website says is forwared into the utorrent settings and that's it? or is there more to it?

3. Do i have to be connected to a server (ie lyncis) to torrent anonymously?

Thanks!

Hi, first, i have read the faqs, but my questions are not in it.

1. Do i have to be connected to a server proxy (ie Lyncis) to torrent?

Hello!

When you're connected to any VPN server, all the programs you run will be tunneled transparently. No need to configure any of them. Please note that we don't have proxy servers and we don't provide (currently) proxy services. Just make sure that you launch your p2p client AFTER you have connected to the VPN, of course.

2. Do i seriously just need to put in the port forward and that's all i need?

Yes, in order to optimize performance. If you use latest uTorrent versions or torrent programs which are able to "punch" NATs, you don't even need to forward remotely ports (our NAT is p2p friendly and can be punched by clients).

3. Do i need to initiate a proxy server? ie setup PROXY server.

No: that's necessary only if you want to tunnel a program over a proxy over AirVPN (an advanced usage which you probably don't need for p2p).

Kind regards

1. How do i actually setup my utorrent so that my torrenting will be private? it's the only reason i bought airvpn

Hello!

No particular setup is needed. Connect to a server and then launch uTorrent. It's very important that you launch uTorrent AFTER you have connected to the VPN.

2. Do i just insert the port that the website says is forwared into the utorrent settings and that's it? or is there more to it?

Nothing more on the torrent client side.

We recommend that you secure your connection against leaks in case of unexpected VPN disconnection, please see the guides in the announcement section of the forum "Prevent leaks with..." according to your OS:

https://airvpn.org/forums

Yes, absolutely!

Kind regards

Hello!

No particular setup is needed. Connect to a server and then launch uTorrent. It's very important that you launch uTorrent AFTER you have connected to the VPN.

>2. Do i just insert the port that the website says is forwared into the utorrent settings and that's it? or is there more to it?

Nothing more on the torrent client side.

We recommend that you secure your connection against leaks in case of unexpected VPN disconnection, please see the guides in the announcement section of the forum "Prevent leaks with..." according to your OS:

https://airvpn.org/forums

Yes, absolutely!

Kind regards

i am also using popcorn time.. so i just have to connect to a server on airvpn then open popcorn time and ill be able to use it anonymously? 

thank you in advance!

i am also using popcorn time.. so i just have to connect to a server on airvpn then open popcorn time and ill be able to use it anonymously?

Use it without getting sued is what you mean.

Note that public trackers tend to block VPN servers, thus lowering your download speed (Popcorn Time uses popular movie torrents which, well, use those public trackers. If you experience bad speeds, try changing the server).

(our NAT is p2p friendly and can be punched by clients)

Do you mean, clients are allowed to automatically forward ports?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Do you mean, clients are allowed to automatically forward ports?

Hello!

No. That was a message in 2012, many things were different in the NAT. Now you necessarily need port forwarding.

Kind regards

Hi. I have read in some post step by step instruction that you need to change in mikrotorent :under dns1/dns2-> enter the 10.4.0.1/10.5.0.1.  Is that necessery Does this number change when we use diferent servers.  . Also i can find option to open aplication rules. 

I need some more information. TNX

Hi 

If i'm using Eddie client to connect and utorrrent-web in the browser, I am safe to torrent anomyously/

J

Hi 

If i'm using Eddie client to connect and utorrrent-web in the browser, I am safe to torrent anomyously/

J

Hello!

I assume that's a question and not a statement. You can refer to the Guides section, in the link in my signature, for how to set up torrenting.

You may also check ipleak.net, where you can also download test torrents, to check your IP is an Air IP and not your own.

But this thread is really old already and thus as Staff said, some things changed. Locked.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.