Not connected, Your IP: 18.219.236.62
Rosebud-1984

ANSWERED Valid Email necessary to sign up?

Hello, I would like to start over with a new account and this time pay with Bitcoin to optimize the privacy aspect. I hope it's worth the hassle.

I tried to set up a new account but stumbled about the need to state an email address.

Users do not need to enter any personal data to access Air services. Users may optionally provide their e-mail addresses to receive courtesy e-mail pertaining to technical support.

Is this not a contradiction?

Is it possible to sign up without email address?

Thanks and regards!

Hello!

I'm not exactly sure - it's been a while since I had to make a new account .

But as this is related to privacy concerns, the thing to do in any scenario involving a necessary email address, would be to create a new and/or fake one, using any of the many services out there. Whether that's a protonmail account or something from a throw-away provider. In light of this, it's not considered personal data I suppose, if an email were initially needed during some stage of the sign up and so need not be a contradiction, no. While if your real name or phone number was requested, then we'd be in trouble .

It is however fully possible to use the service without Air knowing anything about you. But of course it depends to what extent you want to take it. Just paying with Bitcoin is one thing. Actually ensuring Air never sees your real IP, network traffic and so forth, another.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello!

You need to put some string in the "e-mail" field (otherwise we would face some challenging technical problem with IPB, because accounts must be able to log in to the board even by using the e-mail address as username) but you don't need to enter a valid e-mail address. If you enter an invalid e-mail address, or a disposable one, remember that the function of "password reset" will not work, of course. Other than that, you will not receive some courtesy e-mail for tickets (if any) so it's not a big deal to not have a valid e-mail address provided that you never forget your account password.

Kind regards

I would recommend a valid email just in case you ever have a problem with your account. Nothing says you have to use your real name when setting up this valid email or that you have to use it from your real IP address hint hint.

I would recommend a valid email just in case you ever have a problem with your account. Nothing says you have to use your real name when setting up this valid email or that you have to use it from your real IP address hint hint.

+1. And if OP is concerned about this he should create a new email account via some privacy-focused service (e.g. Tutanota, Protonmail) obviously without any identifying things in the username. Tutanota does not require sender name.

Regrettably, Protonmail now seems to require a mobile phone number for verification. Or at least this is my repeated experience when I want to register an account while connected over an Air server (did not test it with my original IP). Tutanota, on the other hand, still seems to work well without mobile phone SMS verification.