Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.216.163
airact

How can I install eddie on Ubuntu 16??

I downloaded eddie and right clicked and it has an option to install with program installer.When I select this option it does nothing and I can not see the program is installed when I search for it.Can anyone help this is obviously not like windows

do you have a tutorial on how to install  eddie on ubuntu 16.I try to right click it and install and it does nothing and it does not show when I search for "eddie" in the ubuntu search area 

It should ask for your password and then you should find the program in the Internet menu.

Hello!

Do you have an installer like gdebi installed?

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Open a terminal, navigate to the path where the .deb installer of Eddie is stored using the command "cd" and use the following command to install Eddie: "sudo gdebi ./filename.deb" (without the quotation marks of course). Remember to put the "./filename.deb" in quotation marks if the filename contains spaces. This should install Eddie as well as all dependencies or if there is a problem it should give you feedback on what exactly is wrong. Once installed there should be a shortcut in the start menu. If not you can launch Eddie from the terminal using the command "airvpn" and or you can create the shortcut manually.

If that does not help you could try the portable version that does not need to be installed.

Open a terminal, navigate to the path where the .deb installer of Eddie is stored using the command "cd" and use the following command to install Eddie: "sudo gdebi ./filename.deb" (without the quotation marks of course). Remember to put the "./filename.deb" in quotation marks if the filename contains spaces. This should install Eddie as well as all dependencies or if there is a problem it should give you feedback on what exactly is wrong. Once installed there should be a shortcut in the start menu. If not you can launch Eddie from the terminal using the command "airvpn" and or you can create the shortcut manually.

If that does not help you could try the portable version that does not need to be installed.

Ok thank you for this advice this seems right ,I tried this using the command

sudo gdebi ./eddie-ui_2.12.4_linux_x64_debian

after I changed to the Desktop directory because that is where the file is located

Then it gives me this error

sudo: gdebi: command not found

Then it gives me this error

sudo: gdebi: command not found

There are 2 ways to solve this:

1/ The graphical way

In a terminal:

sudo apt install gdebi

Then double-click the eddie package and a GUI should pop-up to help you install it.

2/ The command-line way

In a terminal:

sudo dpkg -i eddie-ui_2.12.4_linux_x64_debian.deb

Voilà!

EDIT: @Treiberschreiber already gave you the second solution.

Yeah, it seems gdebi is not installed on your system. Like nick75 wrote, install gdebi and retry. Also it was mentioned correctly that you could use dpkg to install the package. But I prefer gdebi (in the terminal or vià the graphical frontend) as it resolves dependencies automatically.

There's a typo, the correct command is:

sudo apt-get install gdebi

Kind regards

I beg to differ with your comment but since Ubuntu 16.04 (or perhaps 15.10), both are available.

apt resolves dependencies as well.

I forgot to mention, when installed with dpkg also do

sudo apt-get -f install

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thank you for the people who helped.I want you all to remember that this is for all the community who will search for this solution I know there will be many people who have this problem with all the people changing to linux.Also the offer to pay $50 to the person who helps me get this working is good.

I tried to install gdebi and it gave me this error.

Money@money:~$ sudo apt install gdebi
Reading package lists... Error!
E: Unable to parse package file /var/lib/apt/lists/security.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_xenial-security_main_binary-i386_Packages (1)
E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/security.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_xenial-security_main_i18n_Translation-en
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

Also when I did this command

Money@Money:~$ sudo dpkg -i eddie-ui_2.12.4_linux_x64_debian.deb
dpkg: error processing archive eddie-ui_2.12.4_linux_x64_debian.deb (--install):
 cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
 eddie-ui_2.12.4_linux_x64_debian.deb

errors-

I am thinking to change to linux mint but I have so many things setup on this install

Also when I did this command

Money@Money:~$ sudo dpkg -i eddie-ui_2.12.4_linux_x64_debian.deb

dpkg: error processing archive eddie-ui_2.12.4_linux_x64_debian.deb (--install):

cannot access archive: No such file or directory

Errors were encountered while processing:

eddie-ui_2.12.4_linux_x64_debian.deb

errors-

I am thinking to change to linux mint but I have so many things setup on this install

You need to either navigate to the directory where the package is with the command cd (as @altae said) or type in the full path

e.g.:

sudo dpkg -i /home/user/download/eddie-ui_2.12.4_linux_x64_debian.deb #this is an example

I'm having similar issues with the install, i tried all of the above but get the following error when I try to run airvpn by typing from the command line 

Failed to run mono /usr/lib/AirVPN/AirVPN.exe path=/home/joe/.airvpn console.mode=none as user root.

Unable to copy the user's Xauthorization file.

any help is appreciated. 

So https://airvpn.org/linux/ can't use used to download the .deb for you?

It would also be helpful if you showed us exactly which commands you put in. I wonder if you remembered sudo or su.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Should also mention, I'm running newest version of Ubuntu (installed today). 

I'm running latest version of Ubuntu 17.10 with Xorg and Eddie works flawlessly. My only complain is that I need to install the curl.

I had a success with Ubuntu 16.04 up to 17.10 with Eddie and I could easily say Eddie works with Ubuntu very well.

I'm just like you, I'm not an expert.

So try again and again , don't give up.