Not connected, Your IP: 3.88.60.5
stoffer

No connection after Windows update

Hi

I have just updated my Windows 10 x64 from version 1607 - build 14393.693 to version 1607 build 14393.953 via Windows Update.

After the Windows update, it is no longer possible for me to browse to a webpage, i.e. google when connected to your VPN servers.

I have tried with Eddie version 2.12.4 and another OpenVPN client program named "Viscosity".

Both programs are able to connect to one of your servers (only once program at the time), but it's not possible to browse either via IE11 or Firefox  52.0.

After connection to VPN, I can see in Eddie that up and download status showing some traffic.

I still have one PC running Windows 10 build 14393.693, and here there are no problems browsing when using your VPN.

Without any VPN connection active, there are no problems.

So, my question is:

To me it looks like it's the update to build 14393.953 that is giving me problems, but are am the only one with this problem?

Have attached the log from Eddie.

Eddie_20170317_091404.txt

Hello!

Are you using Kaspersky?

You can also try to disable IPv6 on all your adapters, including the TAP adapter.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Probably caused by Kaspersky Anti-Virus or Internet Security.

I found that removing the Kaspersky Firefox Add-in solved it. It's an optional plug-in anyway which Kaspersky asks to add on initial installation so you can elect to not have it. Once it's installed though you can't remove it by normal means using the browser. there is another way...

I removed it entirely by going to the registry and removing the addin here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\MozillaPlugins

You'll see the Kaspersky Addin there so just delete the key.

If you remove the registry key then it won't load the plugin when Firefox starts. Solved my problem. Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks for your help!

Kastersky internet Security 2017 was the problem.

Removed Kaspersky and installed ZoneAlarm Internet Security instead and now everything is working.

I had the same problem since mid-March and a Windows Update for my Windows 10 x64 : I couldn't browse the web (Chrome, Firefox or else) while connected to a VPN (AirVPN or otherwise), while everything was working fine without VPN.

After a lot of researches and trials, including deactivating Kaspersky from the option menu, I stumbled upon this topic and uninstalled Kaspersky.

It fixed the problem : the VPN connections are now working.

Just to be sure, I reinstalled Kaspersky using the last file on My Kaspersky, and made sure to refuse the installation of the extension on Chrome. The problem reappeared. 

So now the only option I have is to uninstall Kaspersky. I asked Kaspersky's support if there is another way to resolve the problem.

Hello,

please follow this thread for latest updates on the issue and also momentary workaround:

https://airvpn.org/topic/22207-kaspersky-users-read-here/

Note how Kaspersky is fully aware of the critical bug and that an experimental patch (available only upon request at the moment) seems to be effective in fixing it. Although with a slow pace, things are moving toward a final resolution.

We underline again that the whole problem has been created by Kaspersky "Patch D" bug and that our service and/or OpenVPN are completely unrelated to the source of the problem.

Kind regards