Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.134.17

presently I feel like my operating system is being held hostage. This is probably the result of some user error on my part, however; support has been absolutely no help at this point. Whenever I don't use this particular product, I can access the Internet. I'm reasonably certain that I said something wrong or something along those lines because this problem is just recently popped up. If anyone could offer some help bar has ran into this problem before please let me know. It's extremely hard to download sometimes and I would love that be able to watch cable on my computer.

Hello!

The first step in getting help, is providing information. Of which you've provided nothing . We are not in your living room. So we need to know all the relevant details. Things such as:

- Your OS.

- Your version of Eddie (if you're using Eddie at all)

- What the problem actually is.

- Logs from Eddie (or similar)

- If you're using any particular 3rd party software.

- When the problem occured first, etc. etc. 

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

It's just the classic, "he needs to reset his DNS server settings in his adapter" issue, I'm willing to bet.

of course.

I can't wait for the release of the new software which should be better about this problem.

That Eddie 2.10 is the only software I have used that has a repeating ransomware feature. The computer cannot connect to anything unless one runs Eddie and you keep sending money to Air for subscription renewal. Does not happen for a while if you normally exit a program to save, until your computer crashes or you shut it down in a hurry, so easy to confuse with some other cause. Take it back to the computer shop, and they might reinstall Windows and updates if you pay them enough.

;-)

Never seen it mentioned in a review, which is maybe a good thing.

Edit - maybe my sarcasm is a bit harsh and misinterpreted.

But I ended up at a neighbor's using their computer and knew to search these forums when it first happened to me. I have never understood why it could not save the ip config at startup to a file, and even if an abnormal exit failed to restore, could not offer a special "Recover" menu item or just apply automatically on the next exit. It should be able to recognise when the startup config is Air, so does not clobber.

Edit - maybe my sarcasm is a bit harsh and misinterpreted.

But I ended up at a neighbor's using their computer and knew to search these forums when it first happened to me. I have never understood why it could not save the ip config at startup to a file, and even if an abnormal exit failed to restore, could not offer a special "Recover" menu item or just apply automatically on the next exit. It should be able to recognise when the startup config is Air, so does not clobber.

It does exactly as you say (of course you need to re-run it to give it chance to fix the situation).

However it does not do that when one or both DNS servers were missing (in the original settings of the physical network interface). This is the bug which has been fixed in 2.11.

Kind regards

I use window 10 pro. I found out that the connection is just fine when I turn the firewall off. Not sure if that is wise or not. Finally, it seemed to have more to do with a conflict with my Bitdefender 2017 than airvpn. Anymore insight, however; any insight would be great. As far as the sarcasm, I thought it was kind off funny. I didn't give any of that necessary information. That level of noobsauce should be met with sarcasm.

I use window 10 pro. I found out that the connection is just fine when I turn the firewall off. Not sure if that is wise or not. Finally, it seemed to have more to do with a conflict with my Bitdefender 2017 than airvpn. Anymore insight, however; any insight would be great. As far as the sarcasm, I thought it was kind off funny. I didn't give any of that necessary information. That level of noobsauce should be met with sarcasm.

Hello,

an unexpected behavior can derive from two firewalls running at the same time: two softwares with the same privileges modifying the OS filtering table together... Network Lock in Eddie 2.10 sets Windows Firewall rules, so the outcome when it runs in competition with Bitdefender is unpredictable and can lead to all sorts of problems, including security problems.

Eddie 2.11.xbeta uses Windows Filtering Platform, so you might be able to use concurrently even a third-party firewall with Network Lock, as long as this firewall does not manipulate WFP rules and does not set incompatible rules evaluated after the WFP rules.

Kind regards

Hello,

an unexpected behavior can derive from two firewalls running at the same time: two softwares with the same privileges modifying the OS filtering table together... Network Lock in Eddie 2.10 sets Windows Firewall rules, so the outcome when it runs in competition with Bitdefender is unpredictable and can lead to all sorts of problems, including security problems.

Eddie 2.11.xbeta uses Windows Filtering Platform, so you might be able to use concurrently even a third-party firewall with Network Lock, as long as this firewall does not manipulate WFP rules and does not set incompatible rules evaluated after the WFP rules.

Kind regards

I've also experienced this issue with Bitdefender 2017. So what you're saying is that since the new version of Eddie will be using a now different (but same function) area of networking with Windows, possible errors like the firewall conflicts could be reduced or nullified completely?