Not connected, Your IP: 44.202.209.105
Ekō

Why AirVPN?

For those who prefer it over other similar services, what about AirVPN won you over? How'd you find it, and in your opinion, why is it better compared to its competitors?

Thanks!

For those who prefer it over other similar services, what about AirVPN won you over? How'd you find it, and in your opinion, why is it better compared to its competitors?

Thanks!

1. Transparent policies 

2. Decent no logging policy 

3. All types of traffic allowed on all servers

4. No cheap VPS or fake geoip's 

5. Great technical knowledge from both support and the community

6. Acknowledges changing political climates in countries which they host servers and refuse to host servers in countries that fail to meet technical and ethical standards.

Those are a few of my favorite, the order of which is irrelevant 

Hello!

In addition to the excellent points by VPNuser172:

Core Ideals & Practices

I prefer AirVPN over other VPNs due to what I perceive to be superior security practices and ethical backbone. Air takes an unwavering stance on security, to the extent that it makes most other providers look like they're not really trying. When the Air Staff account posts, it just feels like they're really in the know, as opposed to just avoiding the topic, when things get technical. So if you think you can come to the Air forums and tell Air they did something wrong in a technical sense, you better be prepared, because Staff brings the big guns lol. Staff will fight you and you will lose most likely. . In my view, that's a pretty swag attitude. I mean, how many companies have the honesty to tell their customers when they're wrong? Or how about just casually telling substantial internet organisations where they can stick it because they're not doing their job? No worries Air can do that too.

Which brings me onto the next point: Air actually has values, while many other providers, only see value in money. Thus because Air intends to protect privacy as a way of protecting human rights, I feel that Air is more trustworthy and what is a VPN worth, if it can't be trusted? After all, you don't need to live in some 3rd world country to be in increasingly short supply of basic human rights, like the right to privacy. Not to mention who Air is run by. Air also doesn't give a damn if it has to inconvenience its customers for a little while, if it means it protects them and the integrity of Air: that's epic!

They don't even take any shortcuts regarding their website!.

Marketing & Presentation

But not only that, Air doesn't oversell itself, which gives it an Air ( ) of honesty.  Air actively supports other security/privacy-oriented endeavors with cold, hard cash. Which means that supporting Air, is also a way of supporting other groups who are working for the same core ideals, such as freedom and openness; not least about its own operations. It's also comforting not finding google analytics or facebook logins on the Air site as well.

Features & Features!

Air was said to be more expensive than average, on some of the review sites I visited. That's ok! Because the features that AirVPN provides are so sweet. VPN + Tor, various DNS tricks to bypass country blocks to certain websites, from any server, an open and feature-rich client (which not everyone can boast!) and it goes on and on. I'm not afraid to say that I once tried the PIA client and was shocked to find I had to disconnect from the VPN server to change basic settings.

Not to mention we have some crazy smart people on these forums, who will gladly assist you in correcting any faults in perception. So there you go. Yes I'm an Air fanboy, call me an Air-head all you like .

I found it on torrentfreak, after carefully reading the "Best VPNs" kinda lists that they make, as well as looking them up on other review sites. Air didn't stand out, until I pinpointed exactly what I wanted in a VPN: Good values (such as supporting free software), no censorship, high quality, with lots of features and an extreme attention to security and privacy. It should be said that there's no official standards in the VPN industry. No worries though, Air already sets the standard

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Thanks!

I see much have been mentioned, and it is correct. Every time I hear about a VPN vulnerability or other, the staff is already way ahead of it - they are extremely knowledgeable and up to date. There's a strong aura of legitimacy to Air, everything shows a devotion to privacy and anti-censorship, it was created by hacktivists and it shows. I won't repeat the many good points mentioned but I'll mention speed. I recently tested servers in every country to see what speeds I got, and it kinda blew my mind. Servers both in every European country (minus Ukraine) as well as North America gave me 80-100% DL/UL speed on my 60/60 fiber connection. That Air only uses real servers can't be emphasized enough, no VPS crap here - and the quality really shows. I am one of those negative, hard to impress people, but Air is pretty amazing. They have exceeded my expectations for how good a VPN provider can be, extremely satisfied. It is almost guaranteed that it is the best VPN provider out there, although I mostly did stop keeping up when I found the perfect provider here

The deciding factor for me was the number of simultaneous port forwards that are allowed. Air allows 20 simultaneous port forwards which is a lot more than any other service I've seen for the price. I also really like the open source push that air gives. I much prefer FOSS software and air gives me the same vibe. I've been using air for over a month and I have no complaints.