Not connected, Your IP: 18.224.55.31
slyte

Does the IP Exit change

Does the IP Exit change from time to time when connecting to the same VPN Server?

so in case of logging me in to amazon my exit ip will be associated with the amazon account and i loose my anonymity?

Hello!

1. You're not anonymous to begin with, most likely.
  2. VPNs claiming to make you anonymous, use this more as a marketing ploy than anything else.
  3. Why would you login to Amazon, a service which presumably has identifying information about you, with a VPN, whose objective is to hide exactly such information?

Seems self-defeating.

Air does have Shared IPs of course and a variety of other technological measures to counter you being identified, but they can't prevent stupid users doing stupid things .

Otherwise yes, if you used the same server all the time, Amazon would keep associating that servers IP address with your account probably. Especially if you only ever used

the same IP.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

so in case of logging me in to amazon my exit ip will be associated with the amazon account and i loose my anonymity?

Amazon will obviously know you logged in from whatever IP.  Whether or not they share that information with your "enemy" is unknown.

First I suggest you identify who you're trying to hide from, decide whether or not it's possible to hide from them, and, if so, the procedures and policy you must form to hide and stay hidden.  As LZ1 says, simply using a VPN (any VPN) isn't enough to hide from a significantly formidable "enemy". 

Back to the topic:

Exit IP adresses do not change.

I also notice that every Entry IP address is binded to an Exit IP address permanently. Anyone who have an AirVPN account can correlate exit-entry IPs easily. As far as I know the purpose of different Entry-Exit IPs is to avoid correlation of data, it may be good to assign the Exit IPs randomly (perhaps among a specific pool of IPs), or at least change the binding periodically.

I also notice that every Entry IP address is binded to an Exit IP address permanently. Anyone who have an AirVPN account can correlate exit-entry IPs easily. As far as I know the purpose of different Entry-Exit IPs is to avoid correlation of data, it may be good to assign the Exit IPs randomly (perhaps among a specific pool of IPs), or at least change the binding periodically.

if we understand it correctly, this is irrelevant (out of the scope of "IP separation"). Entry and exit-IP addresses are different to prevent some specific correlation attacks. They are doomed to fail (as long as the attacker does not control both your line and our servers lines, of course), regardless of the fact that the attacker knows or not all the IP addresses of our servers.

Kind regards

if we understand it correctly, this is irrelevant (out of the scope of "IP separation"). Entry and exit-IP addresses are different to prevent some specific correlation attacks. They are doomed to fail (as long as the attacker does not control both your line and our servers lines, of course), regardless of the fact that the attacker knows or not all the IP addresses of our servers.

Kind regards

Thanks for your prompt reply. Then I just wonder what is the purpose of "IP separation"?

Moreover, I can imagine a situation that correlation could occur: Suppose my ISP intentionally monitors my online data, and it of course know I connected to an AirVPN's entry server. If I connect to a website hosted by the same ISP, it will just know I am browsing that website (not even require by correlation of data pattern if not using https), because it already knows the corresponding Exit IP. Of course States-backup surveillance can also correlate data.

Thanks for your prompt reply. Then I just wonder what is the purpose of "IP separation"?

Prevention of all those correlation attacks which would cause two clients connected to the same VPN server to exchange data in the clear. The reason for which this can happen in every OpenVPN service where entry and exit-IP addresses are the same will be obvious if you study the routing table of an OpenVPN "client". Doing so will also suggest various techniques to "cause" an OpenVPN client to send data in the clear to another OpenVPN client.

There are some other nice side effects, but when we planned this "system" we were thinking almost exclusively of the above.

Kind regards

Prevention of all those correlation attacks which would cause two clients connected to the same VPN server to exchange data in the clear. The reason for which this can happen in every OpenVPN service where entry and exit-IP addresses are the same will be obvious if you study the routing table of an OpenVPN "client". Doing so will also suggest various techniques to "cause" an OpenVPN client to send data in the clear to another OpenVPN client.

There are some other nice side effects, but when we planned this "system" we were thinking almost exclusively of the above.

Kind regards

Thank you for your explanation.