Not connected, Your IP: 3.139.86.56

Hello,

accepting payments with cash is not a viable option. It adds an administrative burden which is simply impossible to bear. Maybe services which get just a few dozen payments per day could bear it, but for us it's impossible. Furthermore sending money via mail is illegal.

Kind regards

accepting payments with cash is not a viable option. It adds an administrative burden which is simply impossible to bear. Maybe services which get just a few dozen payments per day could bear it, but for us it's impossible. Furthermore sending money via mail is illegal.

Well, not illegal in Germany. The service to send an insured letter to addresses in Germany or other EU countries offered by our national post office has been discontinued out of many reasons (EU-wide introduction of IBAN, "rise" of PayPal, others). So if something like this is going to be introduced, german users won't be able to take advantage of it. I can imagine smaller offices offering it for a city or a small region but it's not the case where I live for example, so there are even more points against cash payments.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thanks for responding, staff. OK I get it about the administrative overhead. Maybe you could charge an additional fee for cash payment (10-15 % maybe or whatever would make it worthwhile hiring additional staff to handle it...that would actually be only a little more, overall, than I've paid to use bitcoin). I think lots of Airvpn customers would really appreciate an easy anonymous way to sign up. For several years I've sent cash overseas in a simple envelope, no insurance, and never had a problem. Yes, the sender is taking a risk, but it seems like the mails are pretty safe. Also its looking like Bitcoin may implode due to the block size problem....if that happens, how is Air going to receive anonymous payments? Air staff are no doubt experts in internet living....find an easy anonymous way for your supporters. Cheers.

Giganerd, since it's not illegal to send cash by mail (and really, why should it be ???), then a German user could just send it, no? Where are the points against cash payments?

Hello!

We accept a variety of cryptocurrencies. We do not and we will not accept cash via mail.

Kind regards

Giganerd, since it's not illegal to send cash by mail (and really, why should it be ???), then a German user could just send it, no? Where are the points against cash payments?

Who guarantees you that it will be delivered with the money still inside the envelope? Or delivered at all? Deutsche Post insured your "lost" mail up to 500€, so you had a guarantee of getting back any amount of money smaller than this. Not anymore, so you risk losing it all somewhere along the way.

Who? The same people that guarantee you won't be run over by a car when crossing the street .  No guanantee...you take risks if you feel the risk/benefit ratio justifies it...or often times, just for luls...I'm thinking free climbers or wingsuit flyers or that guy that walked a tightrope between the Twin Towers. And after all, 54 euros isn't such a big risk. You probably walk around with that much in your wallet...could be lost, could be robbed. Anyway it would be nice to have the choice.

Cash is King!    At least until someone comes up with a truly easy and anonymous crypto-currency.  I think TPTB ultimately want to get rid of cash so that every transaction by every person can be tracked.

Anyway, Giganerd, you might enjoy this website: http://www.thunderbolttea.com/    Cheers

Who? The same people that guarantee you won't be run over by a car when crossing the street .  No guanantee...you take risks if you feel the risk/benefit ratio justifies it...or often times, just for luls...I'm thinking free climbers or wingsuit flyers or that guy that walked a tightrope between the Twin Towers. And after all, 54 euros isn't such a big risk. You probably walk around with that much in your wallet...could be lost, could be robbed. Anyway it would be nice to have the choice.

It'd be news if your money didn't reach AirVPN. It would be all over the forums, decreasing trust in cash payments with every failed payment brought to the public. You should know that no one will ever open up a thread saying "I used cash payment, it worked, thank you".

" 3.5) If you purchase in person via local itching there is always the chance of physical danger. Never know who you're meeting up with."

In my opinion , this ain't a valid point at all.

@amair....first of all you check the reviews/reputation of anyone you're planning on meeting in person....like EBAY, only buy from folks with lots of good history.

Secondly I meant to recommend buy bitcoin by "cash deposit"...you go to a branch of the seller's bank and deposit cash to an account number...completely anonymous other than the ubiquitous cameras these days....unfortunately we're living in a surveillance society...Groucho Marx glasses anyone? Bitcoin is escrowed in Localbitcoin and arbitrated or paid if there is a problem....but same best practice applies: only buy from folks with good history. BTW, if the bank is in some South American countries I've visited, you'll pass guards with machine guns at the entrance...not exactly a warm n fuzzy advertisement for those states' ability to keep their citizens safe.

PS: if you're really uncomfortable meeting someone, take a friend. Then there's also always deadman.io = leave a deadman's switch. But really we're getting into murder mystery territory now. Still some towns are more dangerous than others...guess you have to know your locality and use you own best risk management judgement. Some people have more tolerance for risk than others. Cheers.

It'd be news if your money didn't reach AirVPN. It would be all over the forums, decreasing trust in cash payments with every failed payment brought to the public. You should know that no one will ever open up a thread saying "I used cash payment, it worked, thank you".

If you're sending cash in the mail, well, it's entirely at your own risk. The receiver (AirVPN?) has no responsibility or culpability if it doesn't arrive. Again, I used to use a vpn for several years that allowed cash payments by mail. Their rates were much higher than Air. So the envelope had a fair bit of moola in it, sent to a country far far away....never had a problem) I only later learned that that far away address was merely a cash drop/forwarding point for the payment which eventually found its way to a European vpn. I imagine quite a lot of people who appreciate privacy and anonymity must have used the cash payment option and I never once (in several years) saw a complaint in the forums about people's payment not being received. Again when you assume a risk like mailing cash, the risk is entirely your own not the recipient's and you would have no credibility complaining about loss in a forum. OF course I'm not suggesting cash be the only option, just that it be an available option for those many vpn users who want as much privacy as possible.

Lastly and somewhat discomfitingly, since AirVPN has to approve every post before it reaches the discerning eyes of forum readers, one assumes such uncreditable complaints would not be allowed "all over the forums"; for your thoughtful consideration

If you're sending cash in the mail, well, it's entirely at your own risk. The receiver (AirVPN?) has no responsibility or culpability if it doesn't arrive. Again, I used to use a vpn for several years that allowed cash payments by mail. Their rates were much higher than Air. So the envelope had a fair bit of moola in it, sent to a country far far away....never had a problem) I only later learned that that far away address was merely a cash drop/forwarding point for the payment which eventually found its way to a European vpn. I imagine quite a lot of people who appreciate privacy and anonymity must have used the cash payment option and I never once (in several years) saw a complaint in the forums about people's payment not being received. Again when you assume a risk like mailing cash, the risk is entirely your own not the recipient's and you would have no credibility complaining about loss in a forum. OF course I'm not suggesting cash be the only option, just that it be an available option for those many vpn users who want as much privacy as possible.

Air have already stated that this is not an option, never has been, and will not be, ever; so why pursue it here because you will not alter anything.

Lastly and somewhat discomfitingly, since AirVPN has to approve every post before it reaches the discerning eyes of forum readers, one assumes such uncreditable complaints would not be allowed "all over the forums"; for your thoughtful consideration

I don't find Air approving forum posts in the least discomforting. Complaints of any kind are allowed and answered. If anyone is so paranoid they feel they cannot trust their VPN service provider then where is there left to go? Rather than that, Air's position on this only strengthens my trust in them, & that they have made and will continue to make the best decisions.

Again when you assume a risk like mailing cash, the risk is entirely your own not the recipient's and you would have no credibility complaining about loss in a forum

No credibility, but enough people who would complain. Which brings me to this statement:

I imagine quite a lot of people who appreciate privacy and anonymity must have used the cash payment option and I never once (in several years) saw a complaint in the forums about people's payment not being received

Must have used? Can you proof they used cash to actually write this the way you did?

since AirVPN has to approve every post before it reaches the discerning eyes of forum readers

Woah, woah, stop right there. This applies only to accounts with <5 posts, and for accounts on the mod queue.

I'm kind of in the boat same now.  I've got ~260  days left on my current account so I'll be able to get a bit of use out of it.  But I am extremely worried about how I will renew my VPN service with Air while staying truly anonymous.

The last time I bought a plan, I even did it from a VPN IP,  and just used a prepaid VISA.  Even though we're well past that law enactment date I previously had not had problems just a few months ago.

Paypal is not an option anymore I guess, unless Air can arrange a US transaction node for  US customers  (i.e just as a test I bought a CS token through a reseller that went through fine).

I'd really hate to go back to CS too because their servers are inconsistent and they have way less.

It's not even about who I am, or what I am doing online.  It is about privacy and free speech plain and simple.   I do not need the hassle of the thought police bothering me for something I may have said online, especially in today's rampant  anti-free speech culture in the US, UK and other places.

I am less than impressed with BTC options as for example anything looking remotely credible wants you to verify your identity in some form (phone, documents, SSN, etc).

Sure walking into a store and buying a prepaid has risk, but you can greatly mitigate that risk by walking to the location from a distance of several miles, and all the other usual dress-down stuff.

Cryptocurrency is great if you want some measure of anonymity, but unless you are selling a service you can make money from it seems the barrier to entry IS your anonymity

Buy "disposable visa"s for cash

This is exactly how I pay for my AirVPN plan. I go to the local supermarket, buy a Visa Gift Card, and use that to buy the AirVPN subscription.

This is exactly how I pay for my AirVPN plan. I go to the local supermarket, buy a Visa Gift Card, and use that to buy the AirVPN subscription.

​i tried to do that, but when the time came to pay with the prepaid card, Air's credit card processor (Avantgate?) wanted to know ALL of my personal information, and a lot of the information that the prepaid card simply did not have. i ended up having to create a bogus PayPal account with  my new-bought card and buy it this way. did i miss something??

​i tried to do that, but when the time came to pay with the prepaid card, Air's credit card processor (Avantgate?) wanted to know ALL of my personal information, and a lot of the information that the prepaid card simply did not have. i ended up having to create a bogus PayPal account with  my new-bought card and buy it this way. did i miss something??

I'm actually curious about the process you used to do this.  Since I can no longer do the  pre-paid thing either.

Paypal is a PITA,  I don't wanna drop money on a prepaid card and the link it to an account / try to use the funds and have it blow up in my face though.

If you could DM me or reply here with what steps you took that would be swell.

I'm actually curious about the process you used to do this.  Since I can no longer do the  pre-paid thing either.

Paypal is a PITA,  I don't wanna drop money on a prepaid card and the link it to an account / try to use the funds and have it blow up in my face though.

If you could DM me or reply here with what steps you took that would be swell.

i got a prepaid card with cash locally. the prepaid card, in order to function online, needed a ZIP/postal code to be entered in an online account. no other info. not even a CCV number. i went to the order page and chose my package. then i picked "VISA" as payment method and the credit card provider started to ask me all the usual crap, what's your name, date of birth, darkest secret... so i went and put a fake ZIP/postal code into the prepaid card and went over to paypal and plugged that in, called myself Amelia Frumblesnatch with fake everything to boot and the prepaid card number, everything went through.

oh and i was on a different VPN the whole time. can't do that shit with IP exposed, yo.

Hmm I thought I had tried to do something like that, but I guess I'll give it another go.

Strange... am I the only one paying here through paypal without problems?

The question isn't how many pay through paypal, its how many are able to do it anonymously  without their real identity attached

Also.  This is a fresh card,  registered to a zip code, worked fine for google drive purchase

We're sorry, but we couldn't complete your purchase using card Visa x-5250, because it has been denied by the card issuer. Please enter a new card to continue payment.

Guess I'll try from a cryptostorm IP later on.