Not connected, Your IP: 35.175.232.163

Greetings,

First off i'd like to thank the AirVPN support staff for their personal responses to my emails and not some form letter they could have copy pasted like most company's do now a days ( they actually have intelligent people on the other end who are willing to provide you with support ) and secondly YOU the brave people who have chosen to Encrypt their data rather then allow their ISP/Government free open access to YOUR data ( give them an inch and they'll take a mile things are only going to get worse )

This will be a quick and dirty method of how I got the latest version of Stunnel and OpenVPN working with AirVPN for Windows 10 incase your ISP is like mine and throttles OpenVPN UDP/TCP traffic and SSL Tunneling is the only solution you have remaining. 

Now onto the HOWTO:

** For the purposes of this HOWTO the path to Stunnel will be known as " Stunnel folder " which is located at C:\users\YOURUSERNAMEINWINDOWS\appdata\local\Stunnel  in Windows 10**

1) Download the latest version of Stunnel https://www.stunnel.org/downloads.html  < stunnel-5.28-installer.exe > is the version        if you want for windows.

2) Download the latest version of OpenVPN https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.html < openvpn-install-          2.3.10-I601-x86_64.exe > is the version if you want for windows 64bit.

3) Install Stunnel and OpenVPN from their .exe files

4) Goto the AirVPN website and download a config with SSL enabled under advanced to your favorite AirVPN server, once        you've downloaded the .zip version or all the files independently place them in your Stunnel\Config folder located at Stunnel    folder also copy all the contents of the Stunnel\bin folder into your Stunnel\Config folder ( ya I know its sloppy but it worked      for me ) 

5) Edit the Stunnel.conf file and remark out all the Gmail code with ; at the begging of each line:

Example:

[gmail-pop3]

client = yes
    accept = 127.0.0.1:110 
    connect = pop.gmail.com:995
    verify = 2
    CAfile = ca-certs.pem
    checkHost = pop.gmail.com
    OCSPaia = yes

Should now look like this:
;[gmail-pop3]
;client = yes
;accept = 127.0.0.1:110
;connect = pop.gmail.com:995
;verify = 2
;CAfile = ca-certs.pem
;checkHost = pop.gmail.com
;OCSPaia = yes

One this is done edit your AirVPN .SSL file that you downloaded and copy the code into the bottom of the Stunnel.conf file once done save.

6) Run Stunnel and you shouldn't receive any error messages like " can't load config file " you should see something like this

Threading:WIN32 Sockets:SELECT,IPv6 TLS:ENGINE,FIPS,OCSP,PSK,SNI
Reading configuration from file stunnel.conf
UTF-8 byte order mark detected
FIPS mode disabled
Initializing service [openvpn]
Configuration successful

7) Copy the downloaded AirVPN config files into your OpenVPN\Config folder mine was located in C:\Program                             files\OpenVPN\Config once this is done and you have your Stunnel connected to AirVPN's servers open the OpenVPN           GUI right click on the icon and select your AirVPN profile and hit connect !

Hopefully this quick and dirty HOWTO will help others who may want an alternative to the AirVPN client ( theirs nothing wrong with the AirVPN client I just wanted an alternative ).

Cheers !

Ps, if you found this HOWTO helpful and you wish to show your appreciation kindly think about making a nominal donation to your local animal rescue shelter in the form of dry/wet food or volunteering your time with the lost / sick and abused animals.

I upgraded to Windows 10 as a guest on virutalbox but found that once I installed Eddie SSL was greyed out/disabled.

Using the above solution but just installing the latest versions of Stunnel and OpenVPN solved this issue.

Thank you.

I upgraded to Windows 10 as a guest on virutalbox but found that once I installed Eddie SSL was greyed out/disabled.

Using the above solution but just installing the latest versions of Stunnel and OpenVPN solved this issue.

Thank you.

Hello !

So you somehow found this thread just to say thank you? That's quite admirable, even if it is a necro. Haha, nice!

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.