I am using Eddie and all the options are lacking documentation! There should be a document that explains each possible option. A few examples I just came across. I am using the Linux version of Eddie.
- When inserting a hostname to whitelist, I get the following message:
WARNING: you used hostname in routes, but your DNS is not whitelisted in Network Lock. We reccomend to use only IP address or enable 'Network Lock > Allow DNS'. Continue anyway?
Setting aside the typo here (reccomend), this message could be clearer. What is the difference between addresses allowed in Routes, and addresses allowed in Network lock?
So I go to Network lock. There is no option called "Allow DNS".
- There is an option called "Allow detected DNS." What does "detected" mean here? Who detects what? From where? My system DNS? The DNS manually configured in AirVPN? The DNS owned by AirVPN (the default one)?
- Allow ping: Does this mean if I ping servers, it will not go through the VPN?
- Mode: What is the difference between Automatic and Linux iptables?
- Addresses allowed: Again, what is the difference to allowed routes?
- DNS Switch mode: Automatic/Resolvconf/renaming. What do these options do?
- Check AirVPN DNS: What does it check? What does this mean?
- DNS Servers: Are these additional to the included DNS? What are the priorities?
- IPv6: What is the difference between None and Disabled?
I'm a computer professional but still couldn't make sense of these options, so there is clearly something going wrong here If anybody could answer these questions right here, that would be great.