I got back from a trip today to find this problem with Kaspersky Antivirus.
After trying all the fixes listed here I finally contacted Kaspersky about the problem. At their suggestion I reverted to KAV 2016.
The procedure is as follows:
1. Find your activation code
2. Download the latest version of KAV 2016 from here https://kas.pr/kav2016en
3. Uninstall KAV 2017 deleting all licensing information.
5. Install KAV 2016 declining the option to download the latest version of the software
6. After installation find and tick the box for do not download new version of the software
7. Update databases and you're done
So far it seems ok. Kaspersky say they will send out an email when they've got a fix for the problem. My own view is I'll probably stick with 2016. It shares databases with 2017 and never gave me any problems