Photo

Kaspersky users read here

Best Answer Staff, 12 April 2017 - 04:12 PM

https://airvpn.org/topic/22665-kaspersky-2017-patch-e-released/

This should definitely fix any Kaspersky problem with OpenVPN usage.

Kind regards

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 trev

trev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

They followed up with that they are aware of the problem, but it is apparently unique to each PC, so I'd have to upload all my logs and go through their troubleshooting steps. 

I don't believe that, it was something in their update that needs fixing, whether or not it affects different PC's in different ways.

#42 trev

trev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:26 PM

There is a reply setting out a message from Kaspersky support on the merged Thread...

<<From Kaspersky Support:

Hi, we just received an update from our tier 2 support. According to them, "The issue you are experiencing is a known bug. Bug 2123609 user can no longer access the internet or it runs extremely slow through a Virtual Private Netwok after updating to patch D."

Disabling Script inject and browser add on is not a recommended workaround because it can lessen the protection.

They are still currently working for the fix. We do not have the exact date when the fix will be released but we will be sure to inform you once it's available. I will be escalating the case again so our tier 2 support can let you know once the fix is out.>>

https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=367272&pid=2685119&st=200&#entry2685119

#43 OhNoNotHimAgain

OhNoNotHimAgain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

Funny, as from today for a fresh install, KIS downloads the already Patched D version. Yesterday it was Patch C and you had the choice to update. :no:.

And KIS is still broken.

#44 MOS6581

MOS6581

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:05 PM

Have been experiencing the same issue. I uninstalled Kaspersky at one point, but it seemed the issue still existed, so I reinstalled Kaspersky. After seeing more comments on this issue, and having the same symptoms that many others are having not only with AirVPN, but with other VPN's, I felt like it HAD to be Kaspersky. I've uninstalled it again, and now it is running faster, and now my browser isn't saying "internet connection unavailable," or "Connection timed out" anymore like it was doing all the damn time.

I'm on a public Wifi right now, but when I get home and connect with my ethernet cable, I'll test it again to see if my speed is what I think it should be. My home connection is about 115Mbps, but lately, it's only been about 7Mbps with lots of disconnections. Can't wait to test it later *crosses fingers*

I'll follow-up later.

#45 CrankyCat

CrankyCat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:38 PM

The Kaspersky forum search doesn't work and doesn't even find "vpn". Google did though. Here's the current url.

https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=367155&view=findpost&p=2685119

#46 chipuodirlo

chipuodirlo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:35 PM

This worked fine for me last week. However,I had the same problem yesterday. I uninstalled Kaspersky (Anti Virus) and reinstalled as above, but this time no joy. I have had to uninstall Kaspersky and replace it, which I don't particularly like.

Any ideas please?

#47 Fly AirVPN

Fly AirVPN

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:55 AM

After using Kaspersky for years, in my opinion, it has gotten too aggressive. I find quite a few things within the program need to be turned off or uninstalled for it to run unintrusive. It gets top rated reviews but so does Avira. I've installed Avira free on Windows 10 boxes and feel confident about its protection. As is, the free version nags from time to time to upgrade but there are ways kill the nags. In addition the free version runs totally anonymous without the need to register.

While Kaspersky Internet Security was installed, I had:

• Disabled browser add-on/extensions.
  • Disabled stream injection.
  • Disabled Safe Money
  • Uninstalled the VPN
  • and disabled additional settings I cannot recall at the moment

#48 CrankyCat

CrankyCat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:06 PM

The experimental (e) update fixes the issue for me. You need to open a ticket with Kaspersky to request the information on how to update with it. I haven't had time for much testing to see how it affects performance when doing large downloads though.

#49 Dyname07

Dyname07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:46 PM

For what it's worth, Kaspersky's new VPN (Secure Connection) works with it. Strange it is the only one working, but I suppose they tested it with their antivirus.

#50 SDBF

SDBF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:32 PM

After using Kaspersky for years, in my opinion, it has gotten too aggressive. I find quite a few things within the program need to be turned off or uninstalled for it to run unintrusive. It gets top rated reviews but so does Avira. I've installed Avira free on Windows 10 boxes and feel confident about its protection. As is, the free version nags from time to time to upgrade but there are ways kill the nags. In addition the free version runs totally anonymous without the need to register.

While Kaspersky Internet Security was installed, I had:

• Disabled browser add-on/extensions.
  • Disabled stream injection.
  • Disabled Safe Money
  • Uninstalled the VPN
  • and disabled additional settings I cannot recall at the moment

I have used Comodo Firewall with Avast AV for years.   3months ago Avast came out with an update that bricked 3 computers of mine, 2 win10laptops and a win8.1 desktop.  One of the Laptops actually had to be sent in(still on warranty) because somehow it had made it impossible to do Recovery or even a fresh install on it.  The other 2 took a week to work things out and I decided to drop Avast and check out Avira.  Avira works but it comes with a ton of stuff that is unnecessary which you can choose if you are patient at the beginning  and don't just install everything.  But even then the A/V is slow and my whole system seemed to slow down.  So while looking thru other options, I decided to give Comodo a shot for the A/V.  It used to be you got the Firewall free but if you wanted their A/V you paid for it.  They now offer the A/V free too.  So far after putting it on all 3 computers, everything has run perfectly.   I know their A/V is not the top rated but it's still decent and working in conjunction with the firewall and my own knowledge of what not to do on the web, has me feeling this is a potent combo for at least Windows boxes.

#51 bsaxfqgg

bsaxfqgg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:43 PM

I got back from a trip today to find this problem with Kaspersky Antivirus.

After trying all the fixes listed here I finally contacted Kaspersky about the problem. At their suggestion I reverted to KAV 2016.

The procedure is as follows:

1. Find your activation code

2. Download the latest version of KAV 2016 from here https://kas.pr/kav2016en

3. Uninstall KAV 2017 deleting all licensing information.

4. Reboot

5. Install KAV 2016 declining the option to download the latest version of the software

6. After installation find and tick the box for do not download new version of the software

7. Update databases and you're done

So far it seems ok. Kaspersky say they will send out an email when they've got a fix for the problem. My own view is I'll probably stick with 2016. It shares databases with 2017 and never gave me any problems

#52 Dyname07

Dyname07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:27 PM

I got back from a trip today to find this problem with Kaspersky Antivirus.

After trying all the fixes listed here I finally contacted Kaspersky about the problem. At their suggestion I reverted to KAV 2016.

The procedure is as follows:

1. Find your activation code

2. Download the latest version of KAV 2016 from here https://kas.pr/kav2016en

3. Uninstall KAV 2017 deleting all licensing information.

4. Reboot

5. Install KAV 2016 declining the option to download the latest version of the software

6. After installation find and tick the box for do not download new version of the software

7. Update databases and you're done

So far it seems ok. Kaspersky say they will send out an email when they've got a fix for the problem. My own view is I'll probably stick with 2016. It shares databases with 2017 and never gave me any problems

Same for me, I asked for the experimental patch, waiting for the answer of the support.

#53 Dyname07

Dyname07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:49 PM

Answer from the support :

Dear customer,

Thank you for having waited for our reply.

We inform you that the patch e which corrects the issue will be officially available from next week. Please wait for the release of the patch.

This request will be kept open, so that you can contact us and confirm that the issue is resolved.

#54 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7796 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:12 PM   Best Answer

https://airvpn.org/topic/22665-kaspersky-2017-patch-e-released/

This should definitely fix any Kaspersky problem with OpenVPN usage.

Kind regards

#55 3e690412cdc3cbc7698d209385

3e690412cdc3cbc7698d209385

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:34 AM

I confirm: after KIS patching to 17.0.0.611(e) AirVPN is back to normal.