Not connected, Your IP: 3.143.9.115
greenclaydog

It would seem the UK is now the least free democratic country in terms of data privacy

Hello!

It's sad news indeed. It just proves that terrorists don't have to carry AK-47s and run around in a desert in an attempt to destroy freedom and democracy, no, they're just fine with wearing a suit and tie too

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello!

It's sad news indeed. It just proves that terrorists don't have to carry AK-47s and run around in a desert in an attempt to destroy freedom and democracy, no, they're just fine with wearing a suit and tie too

It's strange because in many stories about fictional dystopias London is the setting. It's shaping up to be the setting of a real dystopia now too. To be fair the USA is definitely riding the UK's coattails on its way to a similar fate. 

Maybe that's because 1984 is set there and even before this new law, London was and still is one of the most watched cities in the world, in terms of cameras. It's such a shame.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

They have already moved farther from free speech than any other western country (to my knowledge) and created an oppressive conformist atmosphere of political correctness that makes the Murican establishment seem to be in touch with people. You can bypass this insanity with a VPN, which is a must to have any kind of privacy in fascist Britannia now. With the amount of political dogma, propaganda, censorship and violations of human rights in the UK it's going to be one of the most brutal awakenings in Europe - glad I don't live there

I recommend following Pat Condell for an inside view of the UK's insanity - atheist, comedian and provocateur that relentlessly attacks the insanity going on around him.

well, the UK government has an excellent track record of storing individual's data in a responsible manner, never abusing legislation beyond the scope of which it was originally intended, and under no circumstances using such data to persecute or harass political opponents. 

In light of all these facts, I can't see anything wrong with this legislation. Because a handful of muslim extremists might blow themselves up at any moment, its only a rational and proportional response to store the web history of every citizen in the entire country. In fact, I am so enthusiastic about it, I signed up to a year's worth of AirVPN.

1984 indeed, LZ1. There's a reason why I have a quotation attributed to George Orwell in my signature.

I visited England for 10 days during the Christmas holidays in 1992. Terrible food but good people. Gorgeous scenery and overwhelming history. But now it's come to this. I remember reading somewhere online a couple of years ago that in England, if you have an email account that you can only unlock with an electronic encryption key.... and the government decides it wants to read your emails... if you don't turn over the encryption key, it's AUTOMATIC you'll spend 2 years in prison.

The British government can SUCK IT!!

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. —George Orwell

The further society drifts from truth the more it hates those who speak it. —George Orwell

A lie is as good as the truth when everyone believes.

No one ever lost a dime underestimating the intelligence of the amerikan public. {Generally attributed to H.L. Mencken}

THANK YOU: Russia Today; Edward Snowden; Julian Assange; John Kiriakou; Thomas Drake; William Binney; Ray McGovern; Kirk Wiebe; Matt Taibbi; Sputnik News

Hyperionlord-- I was almost in disbelief when I began reading your post. Then I got to the last sentence. LOL

I'm a connoisseur of understated sarcasm. Good onya! ; )

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. —George Orwell

The further society drifts from truth the more it hates those who speak it. —George Orwell

No one ever lost a dime underestimating the intelligence of the amerikan public. {Generally attributed to H.L. Mencken}

THANK YOU: Russia Today; Edward Snowden; Julian Assange; John Kiriakou; Thomas Drake; William Binney; Ray McGovern; Kirk Wiebe; Matt Taibbi; Sputnik News

I see why they brexit: This way they're not bound to any privacy directives of the EU.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

But hold on here, giganerd! The British GOVERNMENT wanted to stay in the EU. It was the majority of the VOTERS who chose Brexit. And good for them for doing it. GCHQ gonna spy, Brexit or not. George Orwell was the ultimate human crystal ball about the distant future vision of his homeland. Good lord, I love that guy.

How does this law affect airVPN UK servers? Do you see any risk in operating there?

How does this law affect airVPN UK servers? Do you see any risk in operating there?

I think there's usually different rules for datacenters, when it comes to domestic spying . But of course, the risk is ever increasing. Especially when you make hacking legal. But you can be sure that Air would consider the risks to customers first.

Please pay very close attention to the brief last paragraph of the article.

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/367537-uk-russia-spying-laws/

https://www.rt.com/uk/368592-investigatory-powers-surveillance-snoopers/

https://www.rt.com/uk/368595-press-freedom-snoopers-charter/

England now gives sewers and septic tanks a bad name. F*ck if I wouldn't be trying to get out as fast as I could if I lived there.

But hold on here, giganerd! The British GOVERNMENT wanted to stay in the EU. It was the majority of the VOTERS who chose Brexit. And good for them for doing it. GCHQ gonna spy, Brexit or not. George Orwell was the ultimate human crystal ball about the distant future vision of his homeland. Good lord, I love that guy.

No, I think that's incorrect. The behaviour of the government shows that they really didn't want to stay in the EU, and Cameron fell on his sword to allwo it to happen.

And as for the poor misled VOTERS, they were lied to throughout the entire campaign from both sides.

Personally I would stop using AirVPN's UK servers from within the UK. also move your email provider elsewhere, preferably to a datacentre in the same country as your VPN. Your traffic is anonymous, but they'll be sniffing your mail as it leaves the data centre.

Personally I would stop using AirVPN's UK servers from within the UK. also move your email provider elsewhere, preferably to a datacentre in the same country as your VPN. Your traffic is anonymous, but they'll be sniffing your mail as it leaves the data centre.

And of course always encrypt mail content with gpg.

Kind regards

And of course always encrypt mail content with gpg.

Kind regards

This was what i was lookng for, and from staff to. Thanks. ( Not that i used the uk servers).