Not connected, Your IP: 3.143.244.83

new version beta not installing for me

receive a warning from windows that windows can not open the file ?????

I can not even use the stable version of the WIN 7 64 bit version.

Same error message" windows can not open file"!!!!!!

new version beta not installing for me

receive a warning from windows that windows can not open the file ?????

I can not even use the stable version of the WIN 7 64 bit version.

Same error message" windows can not open file"!!!!!!

@LastChance I'm not sure if this would solve your problem, but have you tried running Eddie with "run as administrator"?

How to "run as administrator" on Windows XP/7/8/10:

Best Wishes,

-Uncle Hunto

first you have to have that window come up but windows blocks that screen. There is NO WAY to run installation as administrator if Windows  blocks the program.

I read a post in the past that stated your future plans for Eddie include the ability to use it for any VPN configuration, not just AirVPN. Is that still a goal? Will it be in v. 3?

Eddie 2.11 final edition will have the 'hidden' feature to run any VPN OpenVPN configuration, not just AirVPN. 'Hidden feature' because the UI will not include it yet. It will remain usable in manual configuration, mainly for beta-testing and skilled users. We will post a guide about that soon.

Eddie 3 will feature a full UI interface for that.

Kind regards

Before the guide is released is it possible you can elaborate on how it will be "manual" ? Also by final edition do you mean stable or part of the beta versions? I'd love to mess around/try this feature.

My speculation on manual is that it'd be that you put the config files somewhere in AirVPN folder and it reads them and you got an option to connect to custom server? or do you mean manual with commandline?

No problem.... Could you please give me a short instruction, what exactly i have to block in Win FW ? I want that its not possible to go online without VPN.

Thanks

I know how to do when Eddie`s Network Lock is set to FIREWALL MODE...

My question was if there is a way to BLOCK all internet connection before Eddie is booted when it`s set to WFP Mode...

Or is Network lock in Firewall Mode the only way to prevent any internet connection before Eddie has booted ?

Yeah I have the Firewall rules set as my default rules without Network lock enabled (sometimes Steam will boot up before AirVPN, so to combat this Network lock is effectively enabled 24/7)

Before the guide is released is it possible you can elaborate on how it will be "manual" ? Also by final edition do you mean stable or part of the beta versions? I'd love to mess around/try this feature.

My speculation on manual is that it'd be that you put the config files somewhere in AirVPN folder and it reads them and you got an option to connect to custom server? or do you mean manual with commandline?

Hello!

It will be available in the next beta version.

It's about editing AirVPN.xml config file, and adding something like

<providers>
    <OpenVPN title="OtherVpnProvider1" path="X:\ovpn_archive1\"/>
    <OpenVPN title="My personal" path="X:\ovpn_personal\" login='abc' password='123'/>
</providers>

For each provider, Eddie looks in the specified path for .ovpn config files (recursively).

Eddie will add any .ovpn file found as "Servers", with a name composed by provider title + filename.

If the .ovpn file uses the "auth-user-pass" directive, the login/password in the XML are used for authentication.

Of course the protocol and port used are from .ovpn file and tunnel/dns checks are not performed.

Column like 'Users' or 'Bandwidth' will be blank.

Countries are detected by "geo-locating" the IP address (there is an option about external web services for this detection).

It's a feature under development, a lot of improvements and better usability are needed, and it's not really tested with a lot of .ovpn configuration files yet.

Kind regards

I just hope the new Eddie can disconnect faster if possible.  When you're testing servers or having any connection issues, it's annoying to wait 20+ seconds for the disconnect to finally happen.

I just hope the new Eddie can disconnect faster if possible.  When you're testing servers or having any connection issues, it's annoying to wait 20+ seconds for the disconnect to finally happen.

That depends on OpenVPN, not Eddie. Eddie talks with OpenVPN Management and never kills OpenVPN without grace for obvious reasons.

Kind regards

Hello!

It's about editing AirVPN.xml config file, and adding something like

<providers>
    <OpenVPN title="OtherVpnProvider1" path="X:\ovpn_archive1\"/>
    <OpenVPN title="My personal" path="X:\ovpn_personal\" login='abc' password='123'/>
</providers>

For each provider, Eddie looks in the specified path for .ovpn config files (recursively).

Eddie will add any .ovpn file found as "Servers", with a name composed by provider title + filename.

If the .ovpn file uses the "auth-user-pass" directive, the login/password in the XML are used for authentication.

Of course the protocol and port used are from .ovpn file and tunnel/dns checks are not performed.

Column like 'Users' or 'Bandwidth' will be blank.

Countries are detected by "geo-locating" the IP address (there is an option about external web services for this detection).

It's a feature under development, a lot of improvements and better usability are needed, and it's not really tested with a lot of .ovpn configuration files yet.

Kind regards

Thanks for the information I was thinking it'd be harder than that, If you like I'd be more than happy to help test it, I'd be using my own server and .ovpn files, although mine are nearly identical to yours.

I have a feeature request:

- Keep network lock on exit (checkbox) | And by network lock I mean the new WFP

I think many people would appreciate this suggestions and it should be easy to add because it was (accidentally) already in a version until you took it out again.

Is it possible you guys can make the network lock have an option in settings to be permanent instead of disabling itself when you exit the client? Some of us like that only VPN connections can be made at all times.

I think many people would appreciate this suggestions and it should be easy to add because it was (accidentally) already in a version until you took it out again.

This is explicitly excluded. We can't "promise" a permanent Network Lock because we can't know in general what your system does during the boot and for some other problems we explained in the past. Considering that a permanent Network Lock consists of a couple of rules that you can implement in 10 seconds, this request is unreasonable.

Also have a look at some future version of the Pocket Firewall for Windows:https://airvpn.org/topic/18782-project-windows-pocket-firewall/

Kind regards

This is explicitly excluded. We can't "promise" a permanent Network Lock because we can't know in general what your system does during the boot and for some other problems we explained in the past. Considering that a permanent Network Lock consists of a couple of rules that you can implement in 10 seconds, this request is unreasonable.

Also have a look at some future version of the Pocket Firewall for Windows:https://airvpn.org/topic/18782-project-windows-pocket-firewall/

Kind regards

what about a permanent Firewall Network lock? Me personally I made my own network lock that it reverts to when disabling but I'd prefer if I didn't have to "disable" it at all

Not to mention for new people who want no leaks even when not connected to VPN

Kind regards

I don't expect the network lock to secure the boot. If you don't trust the system, then running a client on it is absolet. I mean even in Windows itself you don't know what Windows does in background so you cannot promise a true network lock there either.

The problem is that although I could set up 'a couple of rules' to Windows Firewall. There are several firewalls or tools where this doesn't work. Just assuming the windows firewall is turned off, no permanent firewall without external hardware is possible?! I don't understand why you put an optional checkbox under the settings informing the user that this permanent network lock is at own risk and leave it up to the user if he wants to use it. For me it worked perfectly in the beta until you removed it by saying it was it mistake it works like that.

I waited so long for you to implement a network lock that works with other firewalls than the Windows Firewall and now you put a limitation on this feature, sad.

I waited so long for you to implement a network lock that works with other firewalls than the Windows Firewall and now you put a limitation on this feature, sad.

Why do you consider a limitation an operation that is out of the scope of an OpenVPN frontend and that just takes 10 seconds? Only you know your system so only you can do this operation in the correct way. And if you don't know your very own system, how are Eddie developers supposed to know it? An invasive operation like that, as well as any other modification to system settings surviving a reboot, can potentially be a catastrophe on remotely controlled machines, on any machine which performs firewall operations at boot, and it is not what the overwhelming majority of users of an OpenVPN frontend want (just compare the thread pertaining to failure of Eddie 2.10.3 to restore DNS settings - and that was just a glitch which occurred under very particular circumstances).

If you want a firewall, you need to use a firewall. The warning you cite was put exactly for the purpose: it was a momentary flaw that needed to be fixed in some future build, as it has been done.

Kind regards

Why do you consider a limitation an operation that is out of the scope of an OpenVPN frontend and that just takes 10 seconds? Only you know your system so only you can do this operation in the correct way. And if you don't know your very own system, how are Eddie developers supposed to know it? An invasive operation like that, as well as any other modification to system settings surviving a reboot, can potentially be a catastrophe on remotely controlled machines, on any machine which performs firewall operations at boot, and it is not what the overwhelming majority of users of an OpenVPN frontend want (just compare the thread pertaining to failure of Eddie 2.10.3 to restore DNS settings - and that was just a glitch which occurred under very particular circumstances).

If you want a firewall, you need to use a firewall. The warning you cite was put exactly for the purpose: it was a momentary flaw that needed to be fixed in some future build, as it has been done.

Kind regards

It is understandable if people have firewall operations at boot, but that is why the "permanence" of the network lock should be an OPTION that is disabled by default and HAS to be enabled manually you can even go as far as to require expert mode to be enabled as well, but I can guarantee you many would be pleased if it was at least an option to never have any leaks

Hello!

How is this coming along staff?