Not connected, Your IP: 3.139.97.157
just-me

VPN Problems after Kaspersky Total Security installation

I was running Kaspersky AV and the AirVPN Client works fine. Now i changed to Kaspersky Total Security and after this change I have extreme problems. The Client connects for a short moment, but after some minutes I don't have  response if i want to open a website.Is there any option in Kaspersky I have to enable or disable to use AirVPN?

Was wir an Niedern rühmen als Geduld, ist blasse Feigheit in der Brust - William Shakespeare

The network lock feature uses the windows firewall. There's really no way to make the network lock control Kaspersky.

The only option is to make all the rules in Kaspersky manually. Or disable the firewall option of Kaspersky and re-enable the windows firewall.

@rickjames

thx | I had thought the KTS firewall is just a front end of the Win Firewall but in this situation I uninstall KTS and switch back to Kaspersky AV

tbh I have no clue what it uses for filtering.

If it is just a front end then it's possible Kaspersky is restricting other applications from making any changes to the firewall rules.

If its not a front end then its probably disabling the windows firewall and wreaking havoc on anything trying to make or use rules ect.

The safest bet is let the eddie client handle it. But if you've got time you could search the forums for info on Kaspersky or custom rule setups for it.

Hi there, I do know that Kaspersky Total Security automatically puts three of the applications associated with Air VPN, in the application rules of the firewall, as "low restricted". It does this because it says they are not digitally signed.

You need to make them all trusted.To do this open firewall settings,than Configure Application rules and  right click on Air VPN -windows ui and make it a trusted application, same for stunnel.exe and Open VPN Daemon.

Hope this helps.

quick question I made the modifications, there is a way to test the network lock feature?

Erm.. disconnect and try to open some webpage you didn't visit while you were connected (because the DNS cache is still effective).

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Still are connections. I think it's airvpn client that doesn't know it has to modify kaspersky rules and not win firewall.

Still are connections. I think it's airvpn client that doesn't know it has to modify kaspersky rules and not win firewall.

Of course not. Network Lock for Windows uses Windows Firewall up to Eddie 2.10.3, and WFP (Windows Filtering Platform) starting from Eddie 2.11. Someone could write a plug-in for any of the dozens of third-party firewalls available for Windows, while we have no plans to support them.

Kind regards

Someone could write a plug-in for any of the dozens of third-party firewalls available for Windows, while we have no plans to support them.

Kaspersky doesn't let external programs edit anything, including firewall rules. This self-protection is by design. It can be disabled, though.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hello!

Just to make things a little clearer: AirVPNs Eddie program changes Windows Firewall rules, when you use Network Lock. In the latest "Stable" Eddie client, 2.10, this capability can sometimes be broken by 3rd party programs such as those from Kaspersky. So if you want to use such programs, it's recommended that you use the Experimental Eddie client, as its version of Network Lock handles things differently. This then allows for Network Lock to potentially still work, when other 3rd party programs are being used. It's not a guarantee, but I think it's worth a try. Check my signature for more details.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello!

Just to make things a little clearer: AirVPNs Eddie program changes Windows Firewall rules, when you use Network Lock. In the latest "Stable" Eddie client, 2.10, this capability can sometimes be broken by 3rd party programs such as those from Kaspersky. So if you want to use such programs, it's recommended that you use the Experimental Eddie client, as its version of Network Lock handles things differently. This then allows for Network Lock to potentially still work, when other 3rd party programs are being used. It's not a guarantee, but I think it's worth a try. Check my signature for more details.

Hello!

Works Perfect!!! Thanks for the help!!

Hello!

Works Perfect!!! Thanks for the help!!

Hello!

Anytime

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.