Not connected, Your IP: 13.59.82.167
Sign in to follow this  

@calcu007

Hello!

Please use a configuration file generated for OpenVPN 2.6 without DCO and you should resolve the problem. In the Configuration Generator please enable "Advanced" mode and then select "2.6 no-dco" from the "OpenVPN profile" combo box on the right. Generate and import the configuration file as usual.

If the workaround doesn't work please consider to switch to WireGuard if possible. Instructions are available here:
https://airvpn.org/ios/wireguard/appstore/

You might gain performance as a nice side effect.

Can you please tell us the OpenVPN app version you're running? We failed to reproduce the problem with any configuration profile and we run openvpn-connect 3.4.1 linked against Ovpn 3.8.3.

Kind regards

6 hours ago, Staff said:
@calcu007

Hello!

Please use a configuration file generated for OpenVPN 2.6 without DCO and you should resolve the problem. In the Configuration Generator please enable "Advanced" mode and then select "2.6 no-dco" from the "OpenVPN profile" combo box on the right. Generate and import the configuration file as usual.

If the workaround doesn't work please consider to switch to WireGuard if possible. Instructions are available here:
https://airvpn.org/ios/wireguard/appstore/

You might gain performance as a nice side effect.

Can you please tell us the OpenVPN app version you're running? We failed to reproduce the problem with any configuration profile and we run openvpn-connect 3.4.1 linked against Ovpn 3.8.3.

Kind regards

Yes , I am using version 3.4.1. Maybe there is a setting in the app causing the problem?

IMG_7553.png

@calcu007

Hello!

Quite puzzling, as we can't reproduce the problem. Have you also tested with the configuration file for OpenVPN 2.6 "no DCO" we recommended?

Kind regards

4 minutes ago, calcu007 said:

I tried Opvpn version 26 no DCO and received same error

Hello!

In this case we have no rational explanation, unfortunately. We will update the thread if we get new, relevant information. In the meantime we would suggest that you try WireGuard.

The app we tested is "OpenVPN Connect", which is the only app released by OpenVPN Technologies in the store, we think. It is this one: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/openvpn-connect-openvpn-app/id590379981 can you please check and let us know?

Kind regards

3 hours ago, calcu007 said:

What are the recommended settings in the iOS app?

I've been using OpenVPN for iOS (there is only one official Open VPN app on the Appstore!) for years with these settings (more or less default, I think?):

VPN Protocol: Adaptive
Connection Timeout: 30 sec.
Battery Saver: unchecked
Seamless Tunnel: unchecked
Connect Via: Any Network
Captive Portal Detection: checked
Confirmation Dialogs: On Reconnect
Theme: whatever ;)
Advanced Settings: have not touched them...

To me it sounds also maybe that you generated some kind of incompatible config file in the Config Generator. Try going back to basics and start maybe with the most simplest config file you can generate and import into the app. Then try different settings until you have hopefully success.

9 hours ago, Staff said:

Hello!

In this case we have no rational explanation, unfortunately. We will update the thread if we get new, relevant information. In the meantime we would suggest that you try WireGuard.

The app we tested is "OpenVPN Connect", which is the only app released by OpenVPN Technologies in the store, we think. It is this one: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/openvpn-connect-openvpn-app/id590379981 can you please check and let us know?

Kind regards

I found the problem, in advanced settings I had security level in Preferred. This option has compression disabled. I changed it to Legacy (default settings) and it works now.

I can second this issue, probably going on for the past few weeks. It also connects/disconnects without notifying me, and the kill-switch isn't full-proof either. I'm switching to WG as we speak, I found this looking to see if Eddie was out on iOS yet LOL. Any other references to maintaining privacy with apple products appreciated! 

@malthusiandrill

Hello!

We're sorry, we do not develop software for iOS for the reasons explained in the box with yellow background here: https://airvpn.org/ios
For your privacy protection purpose it's relevant to remind you that Apple software and system processes in any iOS device, by policy, are always able to bypass the VPN.

Kind regards

13 hours ago, malthusiandrill said:

I can second this issue, probably going on for the past few weeks. It also connects/disconnects without notifying me, and the kill-switch isn't full-proof either. I'm switching to WG as we speak, I found this looking to see if Eddie was out on iOS yet LOL. Any other references to maintaining privacy with apple products appreciated! 

In Advanced settings, go to security level and change it to “-Legacy” or “ reset to default “
13 hours ago, malthusiandrill said: