Not connected, Your IP: 18.218.129.100
Sign in to follow this  
FelixDaHousecat

DANGER! Reachable on real IP over the external port 12352, tcp protocol

DANGER! Reachable on real IP over the external port 12352, tcp protocol

What does this mean and what should I do about it?

Hello!

Our testing system could reach your real IP address and received a response by some service running on your computer on the same port that you remotely forwarded. This makes you potentially vulnerable to correlation attacks from someone with the ability to monitor your line. In order to prevent it, just make sure to close port 12352 on your router.

Kind regards

How do I do that?

Hello!

Usually it's just a matter to access the router web interface. Please consult your router manual. If you tell us your router brand and exact model, maybe we can help you as well.

Kind regards

Its a Netgear DGND3300 v2 router.

Do I just create a new service and use my forwarded port numbers?

Any help would be much appreciated

Hello!

Access the NetGear Smartwizard router manager (see your manual to do that and see the login credentials).

In the "Security" settings select "Firewall rules" and make sure that no remotely forwarded port (i.e. the ports you have forwarded on our servers, for example 12352) is open.

Optionally, in the "Security" settings again, select "Port forwarding" and tick "Disable port forwarding" if you don't need port forwarding for some of your services OUTSIDE the VPN.

Finally, enter the UPnP menu and make sure that UPnP is disabled (you won't need it when connected to the VPN).

Kind regards

I have been using the 3 month membership and now at the end I am starting to get this same message. So maybe something has changed. On my D-Link I see no setting for port forwarding to disable, but I see that no ports are forwarded, can you explain a little about what this message actually means and why I am all of a sudden getting it?

Hello!

It means that your system is reachable on your real IP address:port. If you're 100% sure that port 12352 is closed on the router, we'll verify the port checking system, it might be a false positive. You can also check with PortListener: put it to listen to port 12352 on your real IP address, perform a port check from the web site panel, and look whether any incoming packet is detected.

https://airvpn.org/topic/9315-port-forwarding-tester/

We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards