Not connected, Your IP: 3.15.202.4
Sign in to follow this  
spede62

ANSWERED Eddie's connection problem

Hi everyone.😀
Sorry if the English is bad, I use google translator as a helper.

My operating system is Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon. when I became a member on January 23, 2018, everything worked as it should. but not anymore, the problem has been there for a really long time. But I agree with this problem if no help is found.
Eddie no longer starts when I press "connect to a recommended server," the screen just shows "waiting for latency test" and nothing happens.
But I get Eddie to work, but when I press "cancel" and select the desired country from "server", Eddie starts without problems.
This has to be done every time I start eddie.

I would also like to ask if it is better to keep Deactive or Activate network Lock. I keep activated ?.!

I've never been familiar with the settings, I don't know if they need to be changed in any way, if everything works otherwise?
If there is something that should be done in the settings, I would be grateful for the information.

Thank you very much..🤝

Hello!

Thank you very much, you are a long time customer!

Some Eddie Linux edition versions, including 2.21.8, have a bug which causes a race condition in some cases when the round trip times tests are performed. The bug was fixed in Eddie 2.22 and the whole round trip time checks procedure was significantly improved in 2.23. From your description, we suspect that your problem is caused by the mentioned bug. Please test Eddie 2.23.2 beta and check whether the problem gets solved. Please see here to download Eddie 2.23.2 beta version:
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/56428-eddie-desktop-223-beta-released/

If you are already running Eddie 2.23.2 then the problem must have a different cause, let us know.

Kind regards

Posted ... (edited)
Hey ! Wou.. 🤗

Now works great, I hadn't tried this
Eddie 2.23.2 beta version,I hope the problem stays away in the future.
I am very grateful for the quick help.

Thank you. !
Edited ... by spede62