Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.132.194

Followed every suggestion on here and stuff I could find on the www and I have no resolution to accessing Plex server through AirVPN. The ports I choose all come back timed out. I have my router forwarding the AirVPN port to Plex. In Plex I have the Airvpn port set as the manually set port but it just doesn't work.  Plex says its accessible from outside the network but it is'nt. I'm obviously missing something. Can someone please offer some guidance how I can get AirVPN to allow remote Plex access.

are you using eddie?  if so, you don't need to do anything on your router.  also, if plex says remote access is up but it's not reachable via the port forwarding test on this web site then plex is using another route to the internet.

Bizarrely after more searching on here I tried a Canadian server that someone claimed worked for them . Sure enough it worked first time. So not all AirVPN servers are working with port forwarding. I usually go for the European servers but those don't appear to PF.

3 hours ago, umanoid said:

Bizarrely after more searching on here I tried a Canadian server that someone claimed worked for them . Sure enough it worked first time. So not all AirVPN servers are working with port forwarding. I usually go for the European servers but those don't appear to PF.

Hello!

All server port forwarding works identically and no anomalies have been detected in specific investigations brought on manually during these very days for "false alerts". You can safely assume that port forwarding is working perfectly and identically on all servers. The problem might have a different cause. Do you use some in-the-middle Plex server (i.e. machines operated by Plex company for example aimed at Plex Pass, Plex Streaming, Plex Cloud) to access anything?

Kind regards

1 hour ago, Staff said:

Hello!

All server port forwarding works identically and no anomalies have been detected in specific investigations brought on manually during these very days for "false alerts". You can safely assume that port forwarding is working perfectly and identically on all servers. The problem might have a different cause. Do you use some in-the-middle Plex server (i.e. machines operated by Plex company for example aimed at Plex Pass, Plex Streaming, Plex Cloud) to access anything?

Kind regards

No . Home server running Plex accessed by my Plex apps. Tried another server with the port I created and it works. So why are some ports working and others don't appear to be ?

17 minutes ago, umanoid said:

No . Home server running Plex accessed by my Plex apps. Tried another server with the port I created and it works. So why are some ports working and others don't appear to be ?

Hello!

Let's check directly from inside a VPN server where you experience the problem so we can definitely see whether there's some problem in the server itself. Please open a ticket to arrange the tests at your convenience. Please note that we can reach regularly your Plex server on the current VPN server (not in Canada) you're connected to. Re-direction to Plex services (app.plex.tv) then occurs for login purposes, and this is exactly what we suspected, i.e. it's possible that some AirVPN servers are blocked by this in-the-middle service, while others are not.

Is it possible to reach a home Plex server without any interference by or re-direction to Plex owned infrastructure?

Kind regards