Not connected, Your IP: 3.17.186.218
Falcon81

Unable to Print via LAN when using Eddie

Hi All

I have been using AirVPN with the Eddie Client for Mac since moving from Mulvad. Mulvad allowed me to Print documents from my mac to my Networked printer however I don't seem to be able to find the printer when using Eddie and need to disconnect from the VPN to print. Is there a simple way to print on my Lan whilst connected to VPN? Thanks

Probably because NetLock is engaged you lose connectivity to your local network. Please provide a system report after a connection for confirmation:.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

8 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Probably because NetLock is engaged you lose connectivity to your local network. Please provide a system report after a connection for confirmation:

Thanks. I just assumed having this setting checked would still allow for LAN Printing  when Netlock is on. Is that not the case?

Screen Shot 2023-11-06 at 11.31.56 am.png

Hello!

Just a thought: if you access the printer via name, the VPN DNS can't know it so your printer name can't be resolved. Have you already tried to access the printer via its IP address?

Kind regards

Posted ... (edited)

im having the same issue also when ive got network lock on using default wireguard protocol on the eddie client win10 it doesnt block all internet and cant access local share even using ip or hostname with the allow/lan/private option ticked

Edited ... by lookatme123

11 hours ago, lookatme123 said:

im having the same issue also when ive got network lock on using default wireguard protocol on the eddie client win10 it doesnt block all internet and cant access local share even using ip or hostname with the allow/lan/private option ticked

Add the local/internal IP addresses designate which device in a local network is your computer or associated device to Network lock > Addresses allowed > the complete IP range or the internal IPv4 of the device you try to reach via your local network for example:

network_lock_allowed.jpg

You're not afraid of the dark web, are you ?