Not connected, Your IP: 18.117.153.38

Posted ... (edited)

Hello to everyone :bye:

I create this account to read forum, to have more information before purchasing subscription.

Before making this topic Ive read:

More or less understood the "basics"(that AirVpn is for advanced and more tech people)

Eddie is only Linux, Windows, Mac and Android client that theres no easy way for noob like me to have client for iOs, i found out that i need or Ovpn or Wireguard client. (at least it had pictures how to do)
  1. I have read that Eddie dev is working on new version and better looking more modern is there any roadmap ?(maybe pictures of it  new design)
  2. In Config generator written OVPN "Recommended for best performance" and Wireguard "Lightweight and efficient UDP connection" but was reading that Wireguard is much faster then Ovpn. So if you want to have like "app" you need to download configs of each location you want and then switch between them? what  is better for newbies ?
  3. In config generator choose protocol (ovpn or wireguard) and then location for example Europe then download and after import to client (ovpn or wireguard) ?
  4. Does Airvpn work with streaming platforms, cos information i found on forum was a few years old
  5. How to delete this account? (couldnt find in settings)

If i missed or didnt found newer tutorials would be glad to read them

thank you Edited ... by airvpn.italia@maildrop.cc

Hello!

1. Correct. A new Eddie Desktop edition version 3 will get rid of Mono in the UI (Eddie backend already does not need Mono or .NET framework). The UI itself will be refreshed. A roadmap is not currently available, we're sorry.
  2. Several variables affect performance of OpenVPN and WireGuard and it is actually difficult to provide an effective and general suggestion on which of the two you should pick. Ignore the "recommended for best performance" at the moment, we might remove it altogether. Test both WireGuard and OpenVPN and pick the one which can provide you with the best performance. On iOS, provided that your ISP does not shape WireGuard or UDP traffic, and therefore on a level playing field, WireGuard is faster according to the majority of reports.
  3. You can find detailed instructions for WireGuard in iOS in the dedicated page, direct link: https://airvpn.org/ios/wireguard/appstore/
  4. No, we're sorry, major streaming platforms (e.g. Hulu, Primevideo, Netflix, Disney+) are not accessible from our infrastructure. We would need "residential IP addresses" from USA residential ISPs to make them accessible. We have no plan for that for the near future, we're sorry.
  5. Just ask for deletion in a ticket (click "Contact us" on the web site while your account is logged in and send the deletion request)
Kind regards

Posted ... (edited)

Thank you very much for a reply.

https://airvpn.org/generator/# Here when you choose servers by Continents (Recommended) then its  shows Random countries

Suggestion: Can you make Choose servers:

• If you choose Planet Earth => all servers are showed
  • If I choose Continents (Recommended) Europe  => only European countries ?
  • if you choose Continents (Recommended) America => only American will show and etc
I think it will improve usability for newbies like me (who like tech and are users but not a tech advanced)

Q: when choosing only Continent Europe means all European servers are enabled by default ? or they all still disconnected and you need to choose what country you want?

In config as I understood if you save Continent "Europe" it will connect to the "fastest" server like autopilot?

• DNS are updated every 5 minutes to reflect the best recommended servers available in the areas (by latency and reconnects automatically if tehres smth better ?)
  • Selecting servers by country or continents will allow your VPN client to switch automatically between servers. This gives you the significant comfort that in case of an AirVPN server unavailability, a working one will be picked for connection: no need for your intervention.

Q: Does WireGuard  a(iOs) has a split tunnel ?  OpenVPN Connect seems have

Q: then i saw in advanced mode OpenVPN profile from 2.4 till 2.6 (2.5 was default) when i press "?" its shows mistake so cant read... as i understood newer version is always better and does it gonna update automatically ?

My priorities are like KISS (keep it stupid simple), so it just works sort of autopilot, that it will block ads, malware, telemetry and etc.

I really liked that's its all open source and community driven, but a bit afraid that my knowledge wont be enough to make it all work properly

Thank you very much

Edited ... by airvpn.italia@maildrop.cc