Not connected, Your IP: 18.224.71.72
britishstyle

Network lock on MacOS Ventura

Hi, I tried searching on the website but couldn't find an answer, so I'm asking you: How do you activate Network Lock on MacOS? When I open Eddie, I see a unlocked padlock with the message "network lock disabled" at the top right, but clicking on it does nothing. Even when I connect to a server, the padlock remains unlocked, and clicking on it still doesn't do anything. In the Network Lock settings, I see three options: None, automatic, macOS - PF. Even if I select the last one, nothing changes. I assume there's a specific step to perform on the Mac, but I don't understand what it is. Can you help me?

01.png

02.png

03.png

Posted ... (edited)

NetLock is activated upon starting a session. For more info, refer to the post below.

Edited ... by OpenSourcerer
Correction

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hello!

Activate Network Lock before you start a connection by clicking the big button on the main (overview) window:

Screenshot_20230807_140251.png.27d3fba5205b57adb93be4ce7995d090.png

Or tell Eddie to activate Network Lock as soon as Eddie itself starts with the following option in "Preferences" > "General":
Screenshot_20230807_140450.png.acb90acc4f16efd01b9a363e3e120753.png

NOTE: starting from Eddie 2.23.0 (and NOT in any previous version), by default Network Lock is enabled during a connection and disabled at the disconnection, if it is not explicitly activated. This behavior is set by the "Ensure in session" item in "Preferences" > "Network Lock" window (enabled by default). If Network Lock is explicitly activated then it remains active as long as Eddie runs, and is de-activated as soon as Eddie is properly shut down or Network Lock is explicitly disabled from the main window.

Kind regards

Hey, @Staff? In Eddie 2.23.1 there seems to be a problem. If I select Activate NetLock at startup and relaunch Eddie, NetLock is active and disableable.

Screenshot_20230811_091738.png.c850ec67d33c0428361a7b5d3bec59ef.png

If I disable it, the button simply disappears:

Screenshot_20230811_091841.png.9f06b502e99a235948a9c74c885c2604.png

This is not how it should be, right?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

1 hour ago, russellr50 said:

I installed Eddie for the first time yesterday and there was no "activate network lock" option.

Hello!

Which Eddie version exactly, please? Can you also specify your OS name and version?

Kind regards

Posted ... (edited)

Ver. 2.21.8, which is what the site directed me to download. My OS is Win 10. I realize this particular thread relates to the Mac OS, but you directed me to this thread from a support request I'd sent because my issue was similar.

Edited ... by russellr50

1 hour ago, russellr50 said:

Ver. 2.21.8, which is what the site directed me to download. My OS is Win 10. I realize this particular thread relates to the Mac OS, but you directed me to this thread from a support request I'd sent because my issue was similar.

Hello!

Thank you. We could not manage to reproduce this issue in 2.21.8. It's puzzling because 2.21.8 was released more than a year ago and this problem was never reported by anyone. Can you send us a screenshot showing the main window without the "Activate Network Lock" button?

Kind regards

Posted ... (edited)

Here you go:

overview.jpg.8908efee334394725577bec4252dcf71.jpg

If there's an oddball problem to have, I always have it.

I forget to mention that I have a friend who also uses AirVPN but with linux and his version of the software is also missing the option.

Edited ... by russellr50

@russellr50

Hello!

That's fine and intended, the Network Lock activation button must disappear during a connection for good reasons. Please verify that the button is visible while Eddie is NOT "connected" as expected in 2.21.8 and report at your convenience. For the readers: the bug detected in this thread is different and affects 2.23.

Kind regards