Not connected, Your IP: 52.14.121.242
RogueRuby10

Server User counts accurate?

I'm wondering if the server user count is right. Sometimes I see a server with 60 people connected, but the bandwith measurement shows 1mbps, which for 60 users, seems unrealistic.
Whats up? Measurement error? Fake user connection statistics?

ty

12 hours ago, RogueRuby10 said:

I'm wondering if the server user count is right. Sometimes I see a server with 60 people connected, but the bandwith measurement shows 1mbps, which for 60 users, seems unrealistic.
Whats up? Measurement error? Fake user connection statistics?

ty

Hello!

It's a problem affecting intermittently three Dallas servers, apparently, which fail to compute the correct bandwidth due to network interface traffic counters premature reset. So you see the correct amount of connections, but a much lower bandwidth. Chamaeleon, Pegasus and Mensa are currently suffering this issue. A new investigation will be opened.

Kind regards

On 4/30/2023 at 2:26 AM, Staff said:

Hello!

It's a problem affecting intermittently three Dallas servers, apparently, which fail to compute the correct bandwidth due to network interface traffic counters premature reset. So you see the correct amount of connections, but a much lower bandwidth. Chamaeleon, Pegasus and Mensa are currently suffering this issue. A new investigation will be opened.

Kind regards

Seems like right now only Helvetios and Pegasus are reporting the correct usage on the quick bar graph.  Looking at server page's daily traffic graph and it's seen that the actual usage is much higher than the bar graph represents.

P.S. Dallas servers are all pretty much slammed with the Mullvad and IVPN refugees here now :)