Not connected, Your IP: 18.222.163.31
Staff

VPN companies relationship mesh

Hello!

Very interesting analytical and investigative work by Windscribe disclosing ties (even hidden ones) between VPN companies, publishers, review web sites. Click on node icons to read more details. Very sinister situation at a glance. Note for example how Crossrider (now Kape), well known malware company co-founded by a member of israeli Defense Forces Unit 8200, nowadays controls major VPNs and review web sites:
https://embed.kumu.io/9ced55e897e74fd807be51990b26b415#vpn-company-relationships/control-d

Kind regards

Oh, I've seen this in a Reddit post a few months ago. As there are more icons and lines now, it seems like they are updating the view still, so this is ongoing work! Nice.

9 hours ago, Staff said:

well known malware company co-founded by a member of israeli Defense Forces Unit 8200, nowadays controls major VPNs and review web sites:

This sentence is a tiny bit suggestive the way it's formulated here. It's mentioned because Unit 8200 is regarded as "the foremost technical intelligence agency in the world [standing] on a par with the NSA in everything except scale". Also keep in mind that, due to the fact it's not an agency like the NSA but part of the military, its goals are not widespread surveillance but rather keeping watch on the neighbours due to Israel being located in a "bad neighbourhood in the Middle East".
Source

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

16 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Oh, I've seen this in a Reddit post a few months ago. As there are more icons and lines now, it seems like they are updating the view still, so this is ongoing work! Nice.

Yes, a very nice one.

This sentence is a tiny bit suggestive the way it's formulated here.

Apparently it is perfectly formulated, because it's 100% true and accurate, and it's not formulated here, but there.

It's mentioned because Unit 8200 is regarded as "the foremost technical intelligence agency in the world [standing] on a par with the NSA in everything except scale".

It's mentioned because Crossrider/Kape was founded by a member of Unit 8200, a cyber spy agency, and its (Crossrider's) primary business was facilitating malware and computer infections. Recently it acquired major VPNs (such as Private Internet Access, Express VPN and CyberGhost) as well as review web sites.

its goals are not widespread surveillance but rather keeping watch on the neighbours due to Israel being located in a "bad neighbourhood in the Middle East".

In reality in the FT article you mention you can read the interview to Lempert (chairman of the Unit 8200 alumni association and CEO of MER mobile comms group) who claims that 8200 is focusing (the article is 7 years old) on huge data mining, which is exactly extensive surveillance of the Internet, and we could also mention the documents leaked by Snowden, which revealed how Unit 8200, referred to as ISNU, receives raw, unfiltered data of U.S. citizens, as part of a secret agreement with the NSA.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Israel_Memorandum_of_Understanding_SIGINT.pdf

Are US citizens "bad neighbors" too?

Anyway. It's irrelevant whether the purposes of Kape match those of Unit 8200. Kape could be or not a puppet of 8200, you don't know and we don't know, and perhaps it's not,  and still that's not the point. The relevance of a member of 8200 founding a company spreading malware and now controlling VPN is the relationships and competence acquired by that member during his/her previous job, used against citizens unconditionally, since Kape operated essentially in browser hijacking, ad injectors and other remunerative computer infections worldwide.

Remember for example Gericke ("strangely", he is also ExpressVPN CIO), Adams and Baier: they used their great competence acquired while they worked for US intelligence agencies to assist UAE regime to crack journalists, activists, monarchy political opponents phones and computers, to help UAE suppress or control any possible dissident or uncomfortable journalist. Officially it was not CIA or USIC interest to do that (and actually all three of them have been charged by DoJ for that "job") but anyway they greatly succeeded in their UAE job because they were trained by and had the knowledge of and access to certain technology from their former employers.
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/three-former-us-intelligence-community-and-military-personnel-agree-pay-more-168-million

Kind regards

This is VERY eye opening. Thanks for sharing it.

Those people are malign. I don't want to get political, but we know that what comes from IDF and its associates is nothing but evil.

This was known a few years ago but it definitely made me stay clear of the big 3 (trash).
Express VPN, PIA, and CyberGhost VPN.

NordVPN is not far behind. 

24 minutes ago, moejoe said:

mullvad is linked to pango. Inc ?
Any evidence for this

I don't know what you're seeing but the only link to Mullvad I see is firefox vpn.

This is probably something to do with the reason AirVPN servers are added to blocklists, yet certain other vpns are not.
...tired of meddling spooks!

On 10/16/2023 at 6:04 AM, Moat said:

Interesting to see a few seem to be missing, like for example cryptostorm. I wonder why :think:

perfect privacy also is not listed.
what is. your assumption? 

1 hour ago, Air4141841 said:
perfect privacy also is not listed.
what is. your assumption? 
I just wonder why go through such a tremendous effort to produce such a fantastic graph, include some of the smaller VPN's, and not include the ones like perfect privacy, cryptostorm, xeovo, …

A moat does not protect against pigeons!

8 minutes ago, Moat said:

I just wonder why go through such a tremendous effort to produce such a fantastic graph, include some of the smaller VPN's, and not include the ones like perfect privacy, cryptostorm, xeovo, … 

It's not exhaustive, it's crowdsourced, too little public info, etc.; I can think of a few reasons.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Is cryptostorm currently active? Most of their sitemap links seem dead or not under their control. Perfect Privacy seems active in their German forums, but not having a major presence (especially in English) might be a reason for their exclusion.
I wouldn't touch either provider with a 10 ft pole given their history but your money, your choice. Xeovo seems relatively unknown, probably not on their radar.

On 11/11/2023 at 4:30 PM, Snowsuit8087 said:

Is cryptostorm currently active? Most of their sitemap links seem dead or not under their control. Perfect Privacy seems active in their German forums, but not having a major presence (especially in English) might be a reason for their exclusion.
I wouldn't touch either provider with a 10 ft pole given their history but your money, your choice. Xeovo seems relatively unknown, probably not on their radar.

yes.
support doesn't respond as me asking about the next line:
and dns blocking is currently not being updated and there is not plan for it to change
their uptime servers are showing a bunch of them offline and for months or longer 
I was using ed448 connections.   and Never had downtime or outages as long as I didn't setup an IP that was down on the server page