Not connected, Your IP: 18.209.209.246
JonathanZR

AirVPN - 4,2 / 5 stars at TechShielder.com

Just wanted to share this positive review of AirVPN from TechShielder.com - https://techshielder.com/airvpn-review

The review especially goes in depth in AirVPN´s advances security functions, with AES 256 encryption, OpenVPN, Split Tunneling, Tor over VPN, and DoubleHop and similar. The review also boasts AirVPNs cross-platform compatibility. The review sums up:

"AirVPN is a brilliant choice if your concern is privacy, security, and torrenting. Its comprehensive security features on its desktop applications appeal to the advanced VPN user but can be complicated for anyone else. Overall, it’s very secure, supports several platforms, protects your privacy, delivers fast connection speed, and is budget-friendly. Its limitations as regards streaming and limited server network can be a deal-breaker for some VPN users."

Omits some technical points. And I've got some remarks to share:

Its streaming capabilities are average as it works with Netflix, HBO Go, Hulu, and Disney +. 

It currently does not work with most of these services according to user reports over the last 3-6 months. It does work for some, I suggest everyone does their own testing especially knowing that you can ask for a free 3-day trial via ticket (mentioned in the article).

Other notable features include Split Tunneling, Tor over VPN, and DoubleHop. Its Tor over VPN and DoubleHop features are critical in areas of heavy censorship. There is also adequate protection against any form of DNS/IPv6/WebRTC leaks, and its Network Lock feature prevents IP address leaks when the VPN connection is inactive. Unfortunately, if you’re looking to block ads, AirVPN is not the VPN with a solution to that problem.

It doesn't hurt to mention that Tor over VPN is not even a VPN provider feature as anyone can fire up the Tor Browser Bundle and use it over any connection, that double-hop does not work whenever you want it to (only with certain services) and that NetLock is only easy with AirVPN clients, otherwise you'd need to set up firewall rules yourself because OpenVPN does not do that.

Overall, it’s going to be challenging to find a device that AirVPN does not support.

Challenge accepted. *BSD. I won.

it will be difficult for you not to find a payment method you need.

Cash is unsupported. That was easy.

Overall, nothing too special in that review.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

@JonathanZR

Thank you for having mentioned the review!

We would like to clarify a misleading claim by @OpenSourcerer "Challenge accepted. *BSD. I won.

FreeBSD, NetBSD and another BSD related system, Darwin, are supported, by most of our software and support team. You can run AirVPN software in FreeBSD, NetBSD, and macOS recent releases (both Intel and M1 based machines), and you can have competent support for each of those systems.

So, the sentence by our moderator might be applied to OpenBSD, and only partially. Even if you can't run our software in OpenBSD, you can anyway run OpenVPN with the configuration files generated by the AirPVN Configuration Generator and connect successfully to any AirVPN server. Finally you can have a fully OpenBSD oriented customer care.

Kind regards

The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer.
~ Cunningham's Law

You're welcome. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.