Not connected, Your IP: 18.234.165.107
sundi

People should know more about AirVPN

Posted ... (edited)

Hi,

[no!]
Other than me there was only one other user who commented on using AirVPN.
I want more people to know about our AirVPN and its awesome service.

Should we/staff do something to make AirVPN more popular?
Should staff contact the famous youtubers for testing out AirVPN to make it more popular?

Edited ... by OpenSourcerer
Remove link to competitors review – no AirVPN reference

14 hours ago, sundi said:

Do what you want, really. If the service is good, I'm sure you can think of a few ways to give recommendations or links where they fit.

14 hours ago, sundi said:

Should staff contact the famous youtubers for testing out AirVPN to make it more popular? 

Staff won't do that themselves. If done, how is AirVPN better than NordVPN who sponsors so many Twitch and YouTube channels that you can't outrun that name? It's aggressive marketing but that doesn't make NordVPN an angel. In fact, far from it:Look into the forum the thread above is in for more NordVPN talk.

Next, refrain from linking to reviews or "expert" voices in the future if there is no clear AirVPN reference in the content. A comment on a video is not a valid reference – everyone can post any comment they want to any content there is while the content doesn't change. Thanks.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

On 4/9/2021 at 3:33 AM, sundi said:

Hi,

[no!]
Other than me there was only one other user who commented on using AirVPN.
I want more people to know about our AirVPN and its awesome service.

Thank you very much for your great feedback!

Nowadays, several "VPN reviews" must be paid. Since AirVPN has never paid for any review, those reviewers who only publish reviews they are paid for will never mention AirVPN, or they will mention it only to advertise other VPN services they are paid by.

We prefer offering an honest service at the best of our abilities and let the market speak by itself, rather than fooling gullible people through fake, paid reviews and other dishonest practices.

So far AirVPN has flourished thanks to a correct and honest behavior, which has caused a virtuous word of mouth as well as excellent unbiased reviews, and not thanks to clean and/or shady marketing (even because AirPVN has invested ~0.00 on any classical marketing). So it's very important for us that you frankly express your opinion on the service, anywhere you deem appropriate and whenever you have time and if you want to do so! Thank you!

Don't worry, next time I wont post any thing/comment related to AirVPN anywhere.

Please note that our moderator removed your link in our forum because it linked to a review of a VPN competitor. That's forbidden. The moderator did not imply that you should not comment or talk about AirVPN anywhere! Also note that we operate these forums for our community, and that moderators are members of the community too: they moderate for passion and without rewards, they do not work for AirVPN and they are not part of Staff or technical support team.

Kind regards

Thanks a lot for your detailed and kind reply.
I appreciate your honest and excellent service.

I would rather to keep AirVPN as a underdog because they been consistent with their excellent services. The issues is that when people start to "advertise", the VPN provider will become too popular and will led to subpar quality of services or the resources stretched too thin. This been a case for many VPN providers (NordVPN, ExpressVPN, PIA, etc), truly you can see the effect on NordVPN after their YouTube ad-explosion few years ago. If people naturally come to VPN provider, then it will be easier for the providers to expands their services (or not if VPN providers get greedy). I would rather people to come to AirVPN naturally (like word-of-mouth) than dealing with huge volume of new users daily. This is the reason why I don't advertise AirVPN. 

Posted ... (edited)
2 hours ago, NoiselessOwl said:

I would rather to keep AirVPN as a underdog because they been consistent with their excellent services. The issues is that when people start to "advertise", the VPN provider will become too popular and will led to subpar quality of services or the resources stretched too thin. This been a case for many VPN providers (NordVPN, ExpressVPN, PIA, etc), truly you can see the effect on NordVPN after their YouTube ad-explosion few years ago.

This way of thinking would only hurt AirVPN.
The reason 'all other providers' are crap isn't because they can't better, it's their business decision. iirc AirVPN said their 'allocation' is 2 mbits per customer, now I can't say how that is applied but you can see very clearly thanks to transparency how many people are connected and how much bandwidth each server is currently using up. Scaling up is no problem, but it must be a business decision. If needed I'm sure they could fire up 10s of new servers within days etc. But an 'explosion' ain't gonna happen because they don't waste money on advertising, instead if you want to help - just help.

Why are other VPN so bad? Because of overselling. There's a difference whether your servers run at 30% capacity or 80% (aka overloaded), it's money for the business and quality of service to the customer. If servers run at more than 70-80% then your latency will suffer, packet drops etc.
The reason why AirVPN is solid is because they chose to. The reason why some other providers are shit is because they chose to (or are incompetent in addition to this).

@NoiselessOwl says to rely on 'word-of-mouth' but then doesn't personally advertise AirVPN at all (I understand user's own word-of-mouth)? That goes against that idea. Users advertising themselves is the breeze of air that keeps AirVPN alive. Otherwise old customers would slowly drop out and no newcomers join.
You can't singlehandedly make AirVPN become like a mainstream provider. I believe them to increase capacity when needed. Hell I doubt even a big youtuber or anything of sorts would make a dent if they were to advertise once (for free or not).

I disagree strongly with the previous poster and want to say: Advertise AirVPN as best as you can (casually, it aint a chore nor a job)! If you want to see greatness, you need to help spread greatness. Don't leave less knowledgable users stuck to the shitty mainstream VPN services.

PS: Does any other VPN out there pay as much close attention to the legal framework of server countries as AirVPN does? It's one of the main goals of a VPN provider! To ensure the security of your data! Edited ... by Stalinium

I see some AirVPN reviews penalize the service for not offering a short term free trial. A suggestion to add an optional short free trial period after registration. Staff to determine the number of days. At the end of the trial, either subscribe or authentication fails. The user could subscribe any time after the trial with perhaps a waiting period of 12 months to purge the authentication or never with need to contact support. Registration info would not change with anonymity still being available.

6 hours ago, Fly AirVPN said:

I see some AirVPN reviews penalize the service for not offering a short term free trial. A suggestion to add an optional short free trial period after registration. Staff to determine the number of days. At the end of the trial, either subscribe or authentication fails. The user could subscribe any time after the trial with perhaps a waiting period of 12 months to purge the authentication or never with need to contact support. Registration info would not change with anonymity still being available.

But there is a trial when you ask support for it…

13 minutes ago, OpenSourcerer said:

But there is a trial when you ask support for it…

Thanks for the reminder. Consider today's society. Folks typically prefer to download software and get on with a trial instead of having to wait for a response from support.

In addition, some reviewers have no knowledge of the "ask support" trial which causes impact.

1 hour ago, Fly AirVPN said:

In addition, some reviewers have no knowledge of the "ask support" trial which causes impact.

Then one can argue that it's pretty sloppy from a reviewer not to contact support with one or two questions. When I look at a VPN service, I'm always doing that. Not only can you measure side points like answer times but you get things you're wondering about the service cleared up. And if support gives you answers nowhere to be found in a FAQ or knowledge base, you can mention that in your review, plus any reactions from support.
But blindly assuming a service is the essence of how it's presented is dangerous. The reviewers should know that, out of all people.

@Fly AirVPN

But "Obtain a free trial" is quite visible in the "Buy" page and actually we deliver hundreds of free trials per week or so, therefore many people see it. We think that the "Buy" page, which shows plans and payment methods in details, is appropriate to offer free trials and make the home page lighter (it's already a little bit overcrowded). Who thinks that free trials should be advertised on the home page? Let us know.

Kind regards