Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.124.232
Sign in to follow this  
psytubby

how to connect ps3 to vpn?

I'm sorry if it has been asked before already. I am still a noob with this vpn stuff.

I would like to hook my ps3 to vpn but with no luck. I googled it but its still confusing.

What should I do? I am falling asleep and losing concentration so will check this post later.

Any appreciated! Thanks!

I'm sorry if it has been asked before already. I am still a noob with this vpn stuff.

I would like to hook my ps3 to vpn but with no luck. I googled it but its still confusing.

What should I do? I am falling asleep and losing concentration so will check this post later.

Any appreciated! Thanks!

Hello!

As far as we know OpenVPN can't run on a PS3. Therefore you need a gateway, like a DD-WRT router or a computer which connects to AirVPN and shares the connection with the PS3.

For additional instructions about the latter case, can you please tell us the OS of the computer which might share the connection?

Kind regards

thank you for the reply!

my computer's os is vista. my router is an old one so there is no vpn tabs as I have seen on some screen shots when googled about it.

thank you for the reply!

my computer's os is vista. my router is an old one so there is no vpn tabs as I have seen on some screen shots when googled about it.

Hello!

We suggest the following solution. Please note that it will work only if you have at least two physical network interfaces in your computer. The PS3 will need to use a LAN cable, so if you have just one LAN card you can anyway connect your computer to your router via your WiFi card, if available.

This solution is suitable for Windows 7 and any other Windows system supporting ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) as well. It will work also with XBox consoles and in general with any other device with similar or higher networking abilities.

1) Configure the PS3 IP networking.

IP address: same subnet of your Vista system BUT not the same IP address of your router and/or Vista system

Subnet Mask: this depends on your home network configuration, usually 255.255.255.0 is a safe choice, anyway if you have issues please try 255.255.0.0

Default router/Gateway: The IP address of your Vista system

Primary and secondary DNS servers: IP address of your Vista system

2) Connect the PS3 to your computer via cable

3) Connect your computer to your router via WiFi

4) Connect your computer to an Air VPN server

5) In your Vista system, go to your Control Panel->Network/Internet Setup, locate the TAP-Win32 Adapter V9 card, select its "Properties" and click on tab "Sharing". Enable (tick) the option "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet Connection". In the drop down list under "Home networking connection", select the PS3 connection to the Vista computer LAN interface (probably "Local Area Connection" or similar).

6) Disconnect from AirVPN, then reset the LAN card. In order to do so, the quickest way is selecting your LAN interface (probably "Local Area Connection" or similar), disable it, wait a few seconds and then re-enable it.

7) Re-connect your Vista system to AirVPN

After about a minute your PS3 should use your Vista system as a "gateway" and therefore use transparently AirVPN.

Kind regards

thank you for the instructions!

i will get back to you once I have bought a usb wireless network. hopefully during the next few days.