Jump to content
Not connected, Your IP: 18.207.238.169
Staff

Eddie Desktop 2.18beta released

Recommended Posts

On 10/24/2019 at 4:18 PM, GJElde said:

I think I've found something :)
Desk top effects seems to have been the cause.
I have set them to standard and now I can also see my start menu when Eddie-ui is active, before that was not possible.
Hope this was it ......


Gerrit Jan

freeze Eddie 11.35 kB · 4 downloads


Unfortunately, today same problem.
Continue search ....

now test workaround
work from eddie-tray, place a tick at preferences - ui - start minimize in tray
Not Working.....

Back to 2.13.6 the only version that works without problems on openSUSE15.1

Share this post


Link to post

Cannot access Forums from GUI website link?. When I click on the website link on the GUI it takes me to the Download screen with no other site access available?. I am accessing the site at present from my bookmarked link.

Share this post


Link to post

following issue happens when trying to open eddie ui window by clicking tray>main window

Unexpected error. Please contact our support staff. - CurrentDomain - Cannot call Invoke or BeginInvoke on a control until the window handle is created - at System.Windows.Forms.Control.FindControlToInvokeOn () [0x0001f] in 

System:
 

OpenSuse 15.1.20190513
KDE-Plasma-Version: 5.12.8
KDE-Framework-Version: 5.55.0
Kernel-Version: 4.12.14-lp151.28.20-default
System type: 64 bit

Share this post


Link to post

OS:  MacOS Catalina (10.15)
Eddie:  2.18.4 (on a laptop)

This may not be directly beta-related, but since I'm running the beta, I figured I'd take a shot and post here.  Since the .4 beta, I've noticed Eddie disconnecting and reconnecting while I'm actively online and doing things.  Unfortunately it's not consistent (which would certainly help troubleshooting) and only happened maybe 4 times that I've noticed.  Below is a log file snippet from Eddie when it happened the other day (in fact, it happened twice that day, as I recall).  I was connected at 10:10am, Eddie pulled server info at 10:37am, and at 11:08am Eddie disconnected and then reconnected.  I was actively using my machine during that time (between 10:10am and 11:37am), I had a few webpages open that I was using, etc.  Again, not sure if this is chase-able, but I am curious if anyone has any ideas about what might be going on.  Thanks!
 

I 2019.10.23 10:10:36 - Checking route IPv4
I 2019.10.23 10:10:37 - Checking route IPv6
I 2019.10.23 10:10:37 - Checking DNS
! 2019.10.23 10:10:38 - Connected.
. 2019.10.23 10:10:39 - OpenVPN > Initialization Sequence Completed
. 2019.10.23 10:37:22 - Collect information about AirVPN completed
. 2019.10.23 11:08:35 - Above log line repeated 1 times more
. 2019.10.23 11:08:35 - OpenVPN > [Sargas] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting
. 2019.10.23 11:08:35 - OpenVPN > SIGUSR1[soft,ping-restart] received, process restarting
. 2019.10.23 11:08:35 - OpenVPN > Restart pause, 5 second(s)
! 2019.10.23 11:08:37 - Disconnecting

 

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, EtV said:

OS:  MacOS Catalina (10.15)
Eddie:  2.18.4 (on a laptop)

This may not be directly beta-related, but since I'm running the beta, I figured I'd take a shot and post here.  Since the .4 beta, I've noticed Eddie disconnecting and reconnecting while I'm actively online and doing things.  Unfortunately it's not consistent (which would certainly help troubleshooting) and only happened maybe 4 times that I've noticed.  Below is a log file snippet from Eddie when it happened the other day (in fact, it happened twice that day, as I recall).  I was connected at 10:10am, Eddie pulled server info at 10:37am, and at 11:08am Eddie disconnected and then reconnected.  I was actively using my machine during that time (between 10:10am and 11:37am), I had a few webpages open that I was using, etc.  Again, not sure if this is chase-able, but I am curious if anyone has any ideas about what might be going on.  Thanks!
 

I 2019.10.23 10:10:36 - Checking route IPv4
I 2019.10.23 10:10:37 - Checking route IPv6
I 2019.10.23 10:10:37 - Checking DNS
! 2019.10.23 10:10:38 - Connected.
. 2019.10.23 10:10:39 - OpenVPN > Initialization Sequence Completed
. 2019.10.23 10:37:22 - Collect information about AirVPN completed
. 2019.10.23 11:08:35 - Above log line repeated 1 times more
. 2019.10.23 11:08:35 - OpenVPN > [Sargas] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting
. 2019.10.23 11:08:35 - OpenVPN > SIGUSR1[soft,ping-restart] received, process restarting
. 2019.10.23 11:08:35 - OpenVPN > Restart pause, 5 second(s)
! 2019.10.23 11:08:37 - Disconnecting

 

I had those "Inactivity tiemouts" quite a few times.

They disappeared when i turned off the firewall in my router, so i guess that this was causing  the disconnects.
You could check if that is possibly the case with your router too...

Regards

BB

Share this post


Link to post

Not sure if this is a right place for a feature request since it in beta. I assumed it would be a best place to ask. It would be nice to add Network Lock option in the system tray contextual menu. Or Connect with Network Lock which can be enabled only in expert mode?

Share this post


Link to post

Version 2.18.5 (Wed, 30 Oct 2019 15:03:32 +0000)

  • [new] Linux - systemd service
  • [change] Code cleanup for stable release
  • [bugfix] Windows - Service installation issue in Windows 7
  • [bugfix] Windows - SSL connections
  • [bugfix] Suppression of some unwanted elevated log
  • [bugfix] Windows bug 'Do you want to reset Eddie to default settings?'
  • [bugfix] Fix for occasional error on exit, 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object'.

All other reported issues are under investigation.

Share this post


Link to post

Version 2.18.5 on openSUSE 15.1

Unexpected error. Please contact our support staff. - CurrentDomain - Cannot call Invoke or BeginInvoke on a control until the window handle is created - at System.Windows.Forms.Control.FindControlToInvokeOn () [0x0001f] in

eddie_2019-10-31.log eddie 2.18.5

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/26/2019 at 4:49 PM, tBundy said:

following issue happens when trying to open eddie ui window by clicking tray>main window


Unexpected error. Please contact our support staff. - CurrentDomain - Cannot call Invoke or BeginInvoke on a control until the window handle is created - at System.Windows.Forms.Control.FindControlToInvokeOn () [0x0001f] in 

System:
 


OpenSuse 15.1.20190513
KDE-Plasma-Version: 5.12.8
KDE-Framework-Version: 5.55.0
Kernel-Version: 4.12.14-lp151.28.20-default
System type: 64 bit

 

4 hours ago, GJElde said:

Version 2.18.5 on openSUSE 15.1

Unexpected error. Please contact our support staff. - CurrentDomain - Cannot call Invoke or BeginInvoke on a control until the window handle is created - at System.Windows.Forms.Control.FindControlToInvokeOn () [0x0001f] in

eddie_2019-10-31.log 73.52 kB · 2 downloads eddie 2.18.5 137.77 kB · 1 download


Still same issue:
checked the log. seems to just end at having established connection successfully. Nothing about above error :(

Share this post


Link to post

After my system woke up (OS X Mojave), Version 2.18.5 couldn't connect to any server. I had to quit and relaunch, but had the following error:

a.jpg.a48c9ad447da253b83c68747d3415d43.jpg

After quitting and relaunching again, Eddie seems to work fine.

Share this post


Link to post

2.18.5 is the first version from the 2.18.X serie work wall to wall on my Mac OS 10.14.6 system. Fiouuu ! ;-)

Share this post


Link to post

Eddie 2.18.5, Ubuntu 19.04
I put the PC in suspend mode without disconnecting from the server. On coming out of suspend the main window is unresponsive. The main window says I am connected to the server but the small top right eddie icon is grey. I can't get at the logs through the main window. I need to kill -9 "mono...." to get rid of the main window. I can then restart Eddie and connect OK after that. Otherwise 2.18.5 has been performing perfectly.

Share this post


Link to post

Under Mojave 10.14.6, Eddie 2.18.5 was doing some latency test after my system woke up. I tried to force connection to a specific server by double-clicking on its name. That made Eddie crash (not responding). I forced quit.

 

At relaunch, it got stuck to "Raise system privileges" after I entered my password.

I used Activity monitor to quit OpenVPN (I don't know if it's of any use), then forced Eddie to quit.

At relaunch, all worked fine.

Share this post


Link to post

I apologize if this info has already been posted and you guys know all of this already.  Nevertheless, here's some feedback.

I downloaded the 2.18.5 Experimental version alongside my 2.16.3.  Closed down the 2.16.3 and started up 2.18.5.  Went to the UI to attempt to increase Eddie's font size WITHIN Eddie.  This is for Macs by the way, OSX.  No such setting.  I changed no settings, and closed it down.  When I restarted it a few minutes later I got the following error:  


Unexpected error. Please contact our support staff. - CurrentDomain - Object reference not set to an instance of an object -   at (wrapper managed-to-native) AppKit.NSApplication.NSApplicationMain(int,string[])

  at AppKit.NSApplication.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00040] in <1d6ff56431da43578bd8c584f807a328>:0

  at Eddie.UI.Cocoa.Osx.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x000ca] in <7f2a555b068e4d97a56c911f8a0685b6>:0
 

My previous settings in 2.16.3 carried over into 2.18.5 and here they are:  I DO ACTIVATE the network lock at startup.  I have this in the Routes:  10.4.0.1/16  ... "inside the VPN tunnel".   Expert Mode is checked.  Everything else I believe is at its default value with the following caveat:  in the "Network Lock" settings you have the field labeled "Addresses allowed".  I can only enter one DNS line in there.  It's not possible to enter a Return and add a second line.   That was always true.   Again, this is on a MAC.  I do have it updated to Mohave, not Catalina.

Hope all of this helps!!   

Share this post


Link to post

Latest beta (portable) on latest macos, get
Exception: Rules not loaded

when trying to activate network lock (it doesn't lock)

edit: Seems to work when I install full version in Applications folder

Share this post


Link to post

Ubuntu 16.04LTS Eddie 2.18.5
A second small eddie icon appeared sometime after starting eddie. It pulls down the menu but is a zombie. Eddie operation seems to be unaffected.
 

EddieUbuntu.png

Share this post


Link to post

On booting up after the zombie icon problem Ubuntu reported "System program problem detected". This turned out to be eddie-cli-elevated, confusing since I closed eddie last night before shutting down and it should require me to start it manually after a reboot.

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/8/2019 at 6:00 AM, shujin16 said:

My previous settings in 2.16.3 carried over into 2.18.5 and here they are:  I DO ACTIVATE the network lock at startup.  I have this in the Routes:  10.4.0.1/16  ... "inside the VPN tunnel".   Expert Mode is checked.  Everything else I believe is at its default value with the following caveat:  in the "Network Lock" settings you have the field labeled "Addresses allowed".  I can only enter one DNS line in there.  It's not possible to enter a Return and add a second line.   That was always true.   Again, this is on a MAC.  I do have it updated to Mohave, not Catalina.


Hope all of this helps!!   

Try deleting your preferences file and starting from scratch. There were some issues going from 2.16 to the old 2.17 beta and it had to start from scratch, I don't see 2.18 being any different. Its hidden in your home folder, in ~/.config/eddie/

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/9/2019 at 1:13 PM, acridsong said:

Latest beta (portable) on latest macos, get
Exception: Rules not loaded

when trying to activate network lock (it doesn't lock)

edit: Seems to work when I install full version in Applications folder


Yes, I understand the error "Rules not loaded" is thrown when Eddie is launched from Download folder (or maybe with the confirmation 'This app was downloaded via Internet').
In such cases, apps are launched in a kind of 'restricted' environment.
A solution is still under development, but copying them on different folder (or Applications folder) fixes the issue.

Share this post


Link to post

Unable to connect with UDP on any ports. My line ist 250 Mbit/s and maximum available speed on eddie is:

UDP doesn't work at all (also by disabling checking route)
(The checking route doesn't work at all)

TCP 100 Mbit/s
SSL 80 Mbit/s
SSH 100 Mbit/s

Attending Eddie log

Eddie_20191111_231718 UDP 3 433.txt

Share this post


Link to post

If Eddie is still written in mono then it remains a security risk

If Eddie continues to require root privileges in Linux then it remains a security risk

If Eddie continues to only be updated and improved once a year at best then it remains a security risk

There are much better coded and safer Linux clients offered by other providers

Share this post


Link to post

Is the official AUR package for arch linux not maintained anymore? I don't have any issues with 2.17.2 but I'd like to know if there is point in waiting or should I move on to another source.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Security Check
    Play CAPTCHA Audio
    Refresh Image

×
×
  • Create New...