Not connected, Your IP: 34.228.43.90
W0rkNow

Built in advertising and tracker blocking

I am not sure if this is possible or of interest to anyone but I was thinking if it is possible maybe ad/tracker blocking can be built in at the DNS/VPN level by using Ublock Origin list. Nothing that could potentially break a website but just general blocking. I suppose it could be viewed as un needed but it was a thought...

Hello!

Absolutely not. For several reasons, including:

1. It's probably not harmonious with AirVPNs mission to make the Web as free as possible for users to experience, both good and bad.
  2. It's outside the purview of what a VPN is supposed to do. If users can't reasonably secure their own computers/browsers, then a VPN will be useless for them anyway.
  3. It adds another layer of complexity. Besides mainly being a marketing ploy, used by some of AirVPNs competitors, to give the impression of higher security and privacy.
  4. It's simply unnecessary and undesirable, for what is probably the majority of AirVPNs userbase, as such people can easily and would rather control this themselves.
  5. It's sort of a stated design goal for Eddie, that it isn't filled with any bloatware.

Fortunately, nothing prevents you from installing something precisely like Ublock Origin, ticking off a few desired blocking lists and being on your merry way.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts however. As this topic has appeared a few times before, I think it's fair to lock this thread.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.