Not connected, Your IP: 18.188.40.207
Staff

Black Friday 2018 Week

How on earth did I miss this deal? I've taken advantage in the years previously but am now bitter having missed this one and as such I would never pay full price again.

Best offer for me now is with NordVPN and with only 18 days active remaining here it looks like i'll be joining them until Black Friday 2021 !

I've had great service with AirVPN but I won't pay more than my online colleagues for the same thing.

How on earth did I miss this deal? I've taken advantage in the years previously but am now bitter having missed this one and as such I would never pay full price again.

Best offer for me now is with NordVPN and with only 18 days active remaining here it looks like i'll be joining them until Black Friday 2021 !

I've had great service with AirVPN but I won't pay more than my online colleagues for the same thing.

I find even the "normal" price (if you go for full year, 4.5€ / month) relatively moderate, given what you get in return from AirVPN. Why don't you extend for a year and next year Black Friday you extend again for a discounted price? Never understood why people are so stingy to save a few Euros ... 

Hello!

"Same thing" is frankly offensive for AirVPN. It's also astonishing that someone can have the idea to compare such profoundly different services. Power of marketing fluff aimed to gullible people, we guess.

Just to make a few examples, NordVPN lacks separate entry and exit IP addresses on many servers (various types of correlation attacks become possible), does not support IPv6, provides a ridiculous/non-existent servers monitor, provides fake servers locations, infringes net neutrality (does not allow any p2p protocols on a wide range of servers), does not provide dynamic remote port forwarding, does not provide DNS inside the VPN whose address matches the VPN gateway (exposing to DNS poisoning through route hijacking), is not GDPR compliant, is owned by a Lithuanian data mining company and has ties with Russian oligarchs.

AirVPN prices are competitive even without a special deal, check our new two years plan and anyway stay tuned for Christmas special deals.

Kind regards

the fact that you are comparing Airvpn to Nord is hilarious    

Nordvpn is at the very bottom of my list for a provider.  i tried 2 trials of their service years apart and gave up both times.     the software is horrible, and the support was even worse.

i could not get full speeds on any of my Netgate routers.  their support said it was my hardware... the same hardwire with Airvpn i get full speeds..

Thanks Spinmaster - Common sense advice and, unless a special deal is timely in the offing, I may well do as you suggest and purchase a shorter subscription to tide me over. BTW I am not stingy, this is all about the principle of me paying more than someone else to AirVPN for the same thing . Staff did hint about Christmas special deals so hopefully they will be forthcoming.

Thanks also Air4141841 - However, to you maybe hilarious to make a comparison, but to me even more funny that you had tried NordVPN twice !!  :rofl: . Subsequent to my post yesterday I read a number of reviews of NordVPN today and, based on the majority suggesting they were a waste of space (as you seem to have experienced also), I wouldn't try them once!

As for Staff - You finding "same thing" offensive is quite disappointing but maybe I wasn't 100% clear.  I was never suggesting AirVPN was the same as NordVPN.  What I said was:

"I won't pay more than my online colleagues for the same thing" - This was based on the AirVPN Black Friday deal giving a preferential deal to others and with me now effectively having to pay extra to secure my continued loyalty. On a matter of principle I would never entertain this with you or any other supplier/ retailer.

I'm sure I've been with AirVPN around 5 years. Despite the insults and ridicule directed towards me on this thread I will, as suggested, look out for the Christmas Specials and hopefully stick around.

Thanks Spinmaster - Common sense advice and, unless a special deal is timely in the offing, I may well do as you suggest and purchase a shorter subscription to tide me over. BTW I am not stingy, this is all about the principle of me paying more than someone else to AirVPN for the same thing . Staff did hint about Christmas special deals so hopefully they will be forthcoming.

Thanks also Air4141841 - However, to you maybe hilarious to make a comparison, but to me even more funny that you had tried NordVPN twice !!  :rofl: . Subsequent to my post yesterday I read a number of reviews of NordVPN today and, based on the majority suggesting they were a waste of space (as you seem to have experienced also), I wouldn't try them once!

As for Staff - You finding "same thing" offensive is quite disappointing but maybe I wasn't 100% clear.  I was never suggesting AirVPN was the same as NordVPN.  What I said was:

"I won't pay more than my online colleagues for the same thing" - This was based on the AirVPN Black Friday deal giving a preferential deal to others and with me now effectively having to pay extra to secure my continued loyalty. On a matter of principle I would never entertain this with you or any other supplier/ retailer.

I'm sure I've been with AirVPN around 5 years. Despite the insults and ridicule directed towards me on this thread I will, as suggested, look out for the Christmas Specials and hopefully stick around.

If you read the user guide here: https://airvpn.org/topic/18339-guide-to-getting-started-links-for-advanced-users/ you would have seen this: "Since AirVPN isn't free, is it possible to buy a Lifetime subscription, as with other VPNs? Does AirVPN hold sales at all?" and then you would have seen this below it: "AirVPN's Black Friday sale has a discount of: 35%. Sometime around 20th November."

It is your own fault for not searching out there for deals. I read that and added it to my calendar as soon as I found this VPN company.

The Christmas one is here: "AirVPN's Christmas sale has a discount of: 20%. Sometime around the 20th December."

Good luck, read the user created guide and you'll find many helpful things. 

Maybe you did read it, you did say you've been here 5 years. Here's my reminder to you, add it to your calendar right now.

Understood. Well, thank you anyway for having offered a staff member the chance to point out so many NordVPN security flaws and missing features. :)

We confirm they are coming.

Kind regards