Not connected, Your IP: 34.203.242.200
Staff

Servers withdrawal announcement

Hello!

We inform you that the following servers are being withdrawn:

Fornax (Sofia, Bulgaria).

Reason: not meeting our technical requirements anymore.

Replacement: yes, 2 1 Gbit/s servers in Sofia in a different datacenter within 2 days (already operative, now testing)

Ara, Corvus, Fafnir, Monoceros, Pictor (Dallas, TX, USA)

Reason: they were temporary servers to support the migration of our main 10 Dallas servers. Migration completed, temp servers dismissed.

Replacement: yes, migration complete, the previous 10 servers in Dallas are now up and running https://airvpn.org/topic/28871-completed-migration-announcement-for-10-dallas-servers/

Antlia, Octans, Pavo, Sagittarius and Scorpius (Atlanta, GE, USA)

Reason: company shutting down operations.

Replacement: yes, 5 1 Gbit/s servers, already available since 31 Jul 2018 https://airvpn.org/topic/28854-five-new-1-gbits-servers-available-us

Kind regards and datalove

AirVPN Staff

is the Phoenix servers staying?

Hello!

Although they were initially declared as temporary ones, we have received good feedback for them and we have no other servers in Arizona. If the situation remains good as it appears to be now, they are staying.

Kind regards

Fafnir is still here according to status page but Pictor left when this announcement was made.  Of course, the other 3 didn't even survive the temporary time.

Is Fafnir going to become permanent? 

5/5 Vancouver Canada servers highlighted in red with "NA: Imminent Withdrawal". Staff, any update post around this?

I noticed the same thing. Only one Vancouver server now. What happened?

5/5 Vancouver Canada servers highlighted in red with "NA: Imminent Withdrawal". Staff, any update post around this?

Hello!

Getting rid of datacenters/providers that can keep their promises only for a few weeks. It looks like we did not get a good service in the Vancouver area in the last 8 weeks or even more (confirmed by users feedback) so radical changes have been mandatory.

We will expand infrastructure in Vancouver with the Pisces ISP in two weeks if there are no issues (at the moment Pisces meets our requirements).

Kind regards

Hello!

Getting rid of datacenters/providers that can keep their promises only for a few weeks. It looks like we did not get a good service in the Vancouver area in the last 8 weeks or even more (confirmed by users feedback) so radical changes have been mandatory.

We will expand infrastructure in Vancouver with the Pisces ISP in two weeks if there are no issues (at the moment Pisces meets our requirements).

Kind regards

as always great service, always holding the datacenters to their word.

Hello!

Kind regards

Thank you for the notice! I have also noticed slow performance on those servers. I have just been using other servers for the time being.

You guys rock.

Sad to see the old Vanc servers gone, there's only 1 now and it's usually 50%+ server load. I guess it's for the best as the 3 servers [Mimosa etc.] were quite slow, I oft got faster speeds in Toronto a continent away.