Not connected, Your IP: 34.230.68.214
Staff

New 1 Gbit/s server available (JP)

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that a new 1 Gbit/s server located in Japan is available: Iskandar.

This is the first server we operate in Japan, so a special name has been picked. Find the source for fun, the first person (with a valid account) posting the correct source of the name will get a 1 year plan for free. :yes:

The AirVPN client will show automatically the new server, while if you use the OpenVPN client you can generate all the files to access it through our configuration/certificates/key generator (menu "Client Area"->"Config generator").

The server accepts connections on ports 53, 80, 443, 1194, 2018 UDP and TCP.

Just like every other Air server, Iskandar supports OpenVPN over SSL and OpenVPN over SSH.

As usual no traffic limits, no logs, no discrimination on protocols and hardened security against various attacks with separate entry and exit-IP addresses.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or issue.

Kind regards and datalove
AirVPN Team

Hello!

Wow epic! Well done !

Could it be this? http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Iskandar

No it must be a spaceship! http://yamato.wikia.com/wiki/Iscandar_(2199)

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

It has to be https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Battleship_Yamato_(2010_film)

Air is the Yamato spaceship and Iskandar is the destination, just like Japan. It has to be

Okita believes the hope for humanity lies within Iskandar.

Otherwise I give up haha.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Haha ofc just when I purchased a month of ProtonVPN 

Really nice, gonna renew just to try the ping, Singapore wasn't that great for my usage.

Now crossing fingers for an Iceland endpoint and I'll basically have no reason to leave you guys. Thank you so much for the hard work.

You got it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEDV3UjhCLA
(re-arranged)

1 year on its way...

Kind regards

Thank you :)You do know Air will be flooded with Otaku's now that we can connect to Japan, right?

Thank you. You do know Air will be flooded with Otaku's now that we can connect to Japan, right? ;):whistle:

We will protect privacy no matter what it takes.

Answering with a smile to the data retention lovers.

Somebody has got to do this

If we are the people they count on...

Server is great AirVPN!

Speeds hold up 1+ MB/s from US East coast, ping is a little high but to be expected given distance and routing.

Thankfully, we now have a new country. I was getting worried after we hadn't had a new server at all since October and a new country since like September.

But ICELAND. PLEASE. I will buy 5 YEARS up front, immediately, as soon as you guys do that

Oh hey Staff I thought this was interesting.

From 2013:

Hello!

We have evaluated servers in Japan but current legislation in Japan gives some undue privileges to private entities which in our opinion provide options for infringements of the fundamental human right to privacy. Additionally datacenters do not meet our requirements for traffic. As a result, we regret to inform you that Japan has been discarded.

Russia was discarded for some issues in the past and will be evaluated again during 2013.

Kind regards

A lot apparently changed in Japan then! I'm curious as to what entities changed between 2013-2018. Are there any interesting details to share?

At any rate, good stuff .

A lot apparently changed in Japan then! I'm curious as to what entities changed between 2013-2018. Are there any interesting details to share?

At any rate, good stuff :).

Hi,

in 2016 and 2017 Japan drafted a new legislation which went into full force at the end of May 2017 on privacy and data protection. The new framework has been recognized as offering a high level of safeguards for citizens, comparable to those offered by the EU legal framework. As such, Japan has been added into the EU white list of countries offering an adequate level of personal data protection (the recognition has been mutual, since Japan created a similar white list, in which the EU has been added).

Last but not least we have found a datacenter which meets our requirements.

Kind regards

You guys are fantastic!!!! Have been a long-time user of AirVPN (have tried many VPN services over the years, but always returned to AirVPN in the end), yet the lack of a Japanese server always bothered me enormously.

Now this made my day, can't explain my exuberance, you guys rock!!.

Edit: And damn is it is fast! !  Who can I kiss?

Yep, adding my thanks as well for the JP server - seems to work best for me from Oz