Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.109.5
grok

Failed experimental DL from this site

I'm trying to download the Windows 10 v2.11.8 Eddie from here -- and I get 100% total DL fails. Just can't get it, yet. (Chrome)

Something I need to know..?

(I tried earlier too... and actually got an older version, for some damned reason -- which I only realized once it was installed (and then a 'login. ()' fail...))

Thanx. I'll try. 

But note that the DL fails in the middle, every time -- and it's a relatively small file...

I got this in Firefox:

'C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\k66mn8+2.exe.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

'Try again later, or contact the server administrator.'

AV off -- same error, both browsers.

Not on your end..?

FYI: I've never had such an error. Ever. In my life.

AV off -- same error, both browsers.

Not on your end..?

Technically unlikely - when the server allows you to access a certain file it starts sending it to your client, which in your case

is the browser. First the server will tell what kind of file it is and what is the total size, for the client to make the appropriate

decisions whether to maybe auto-play that file or ask the OS if there is enough disk space left, and if all those conditions are

met the file will be eventually served and copied on your side. It can be flagged by various AV software in the middle though.

A server error would usually result in the very beginning, with a 4xx or 5xx error.

Try a different machine or a VM if this is possible.

KDIl5gR.png

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

This particular issue -- 100% failure on a small DL -- is really only with your site.

This particular issue -- 100% failure on a small DL -- is really only with your site.

We see thousands of downloads every day from the web site and no complaints or warning about malfunctions at all. The problem is not on our end, check your connectivity (including MTU) and try different browsers.

Kind regards

I was finally able to get a working experimental DL from this site...

This is an issue which won't be itself solved soon, loox like. But thanx for the input.

I was finally able to get a working experimental DL from this site...

This is an issue which won't be itself solved soon, loox like. But thanx for the input.

This is a non-existing issue on our side.

Kind regards

Hello!

Could be interesting if you partitioned your disk and/or used a VM and installed Linux, before then trying to download from there ^__^. It's Windows 10 after all, it's the Bruce Lee of Operating Systems, as it breaks absolutely everything lol . Unlike Bruce Lee though, the causes aren't always clear, as it can for instance, update itself without your knowledge or in ways that break existing software/hardware. I just thought it could be interesting, if it was possible to rule out Windows . I assume other downloads elsewhere work for you however.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I'm well aware of Microsoft Window's place in the computer Universe...

There's little point anyone trying to second-guess why I happen to be there right now.

I'm well aware of Microsoft Window's place in the computer Universe...

There's little point anyone trying to second-guess why I happen to be there right now.

Second guess? I'm merely highlighting the fact that Windows does a lot of strange things and as this is a strange issue, it could be worth checking out.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.