Not connected, Your IP: 3.138.179.119

Don't worry, I've just renewed my annual subscription till December 2017.

However I have a problem and I don't know how to solve it.

I have Windows 10 Home on a desktop computer and I access the internet by running the AirVPN software.  However if I uninstal this software to access the internet as normally then I keep getting messages saying on connection to the internet.

Apart from the superior tech skills of being able to add and install software, I am at a loss about how to get internet access once I stop using AirVPN.

I still intend to use AirVPN but I need to resolve this problem first without having to do a complete re-install of Windows 10.  I know its like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut but that is the only way that I can regain access to the internet again.

Any help or advice would be most welcome and gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

Hello!

Before anything else please check your DNS settings. A plausible explanation is that Eddie was unable to restore your system DNS settings, either because it was not shut down properly or for a rare but nasty bug in 2.10.3 and earlier versions.

The bug has been fixed in Eddie 2.11.x beta, try it to prevent the problem to re-occur:

https://airvpn.org/topic/18625-eddie-211beta-available/

How to change DNS settings in Windows 10:

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/how-to-change-your-dns-windows-10

If you are unsure about a good public DNS, we would recommend OpenNIC for their commitment to privacy and neutrality, please see:

https://www.opennicproject.org

Kind regards

AirVPN Support Team

Thank you for replying.

My technical knowledge is very limited so it will take a while to research and learn about what is in your reply.  At the moment it is way over my head, but I am willing to learn.

Cheers

Hello!

Start with the link Staff provided to change Windows 10 DNS, as that'll resolve your immediate issue most likely . Then move on to the link about OpenNIC, as it'll then make sense. Afterwards, you can then choose to install the Beta client, as in the first link. The Beta client installs in the same way the "normal" client does .

Just in case you could use a bit of direction

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.