Not connected, Your IP: 18.216.250.53
soupy

What speeds should I expect?

Hey everyone

What is the base % of speed I should get base on my 100/10 speed?

Speed test shows 

Down: 21.197 Mbit/s Out, 19.079 Mbit/s In (90%), 20MB - Up: 9.328 Mbit/s Out, 8.445 Mbit/s In (90%), 20MB - Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 03:34:39 GMT - Buffers: 20MB/20MB - Laps: 3, Time: 86.83 secs

Running airvpn 2.10.3 tap driver 2.21.1, do the above speeds seem legit? Seem pretty low imo, have it set to the best server in Canada.

Hello!

I urge you to try speedtests from other places as well, in addition to the Air tests . I think it's hard to say what one should expect, when there's so many variables in everything from the quality of your ISP, to hardware used by you. Do remember that you can route things outside of the VPN tunnel too, if you require the full capacity of your line.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I think the key is to find the server that works best for you, not necessarily "the best" suggested server. At least that's what I had to do. If possible look for servers that are closest to your physical location and test them out. I usually get speeds in the 75-130Mbps range from my preferred servers. Trying different ports and TCP vs. UDP might also make a difference.

I use this torrent to test my speed , it's well seeded: 

http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=9f9165d9a281a9b8e782cd5176bbcc8256fd1871

I think the key is to find the server that works best for you, not necessarily "the best" suggested server. At least that's what I had to do. If possible look for servers that are closest to your physical location and test them out. I usually get speeds in the 75-130Mbps range from my preferred servers. Trying different ports and TCP vs. UDP might also make a difference.

I use this torrent to test my speed , it's well seeded: 

http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=9f9165d9a281a9b8e782cd5176bbcc8256fd1871

It's also very much a case of who your ISP has the best connection to and thus physical location can matter less than one had hoped .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I've tried two different computers direct conencted to the router, and my speeds don't reach above what I posted, I even downloaded cyberghost free version and have 30mb double what airvpn is giving me not sure what is going on here.

My connection without vpn is almost 150/10 on two different speedtest websites.

Running airvpn 2.10.3 tap driver 2.21.1, do the above speeds seem legit? Seem pretty low imo, have it set to the best server in Canada.

Upgrade to Eddie 2.11.x beta which includes new tun/tap driver 9.21.2. Not only it solves a lot of issues, it is also more efficient and is able to provide a much better throughput. Eddie 2.11 will install the new driver automatically.

Kind regards

It depends, UDP will give you the fastest speed but it is slightly less stable (but this is an arguable subject), but it is better/preferred for non-critical tasks like gaming/VoIP. TCP, is great for if you want a more stable connection, which is useful for P2P protocols, file sharing, etc.

Users are usually able to achieve at least 75% of their normal speed. Very often, users are able to reach around their normal speed, especially if you connect to nearby servers.

"I don't see myself as a hero because what I'm doing is self-interested: I don't want to live in a world where there's no privacy and therefore no room for intellectual exploration and creativity." - Edward Snowden

"The Internet is by the people, for the people." - Kim Dotcom