Not connected, Your IP: 44.203.235.24

Hey Everyone,

Just learning the ropes with vpn's, got it working on my mac and my android phone, but having a bit of trouble with my arch linux laptop.  I feel like I am just missing a step somewhere, but I following the instructions for the terminal setup (couldn't get the app to work, I'll play with it later).  I made the config files, run 'openvpn configfile', it does its thing and I get the 'Initialization Sequence Completed'.

But thats as far as I got becuase after that I have no internet. I feel like it must be a firewall issue or something isn't configured right. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Hello!

Maybe it would be easier if you tried the portable experimental version of the Eddie client . It's under "other versions" on the DL page.

Maybe your DNS got changed or something, so you could try check out resolv.conf.

nano /etc/resolv.conf

nameserver 10.4.0.1

Maybe Staffs post on DNS will be relevant for you eventually as well, I don't know.

I don't know if any of this helps, but might as well try lol.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

i get a connection with terminal mode OpenVpn, but it is much slower than i am used to under Android, Ubuntu and Windows. Maybe i need to change servers? And/Or the port. Or UDP, not TCP.

But how to fiddle stettings. the Man page of Open VPN is impressive but 3000 pages dont help, so i ask your advice. Should I brutally 'Pstop Openvpn' in terminal and start Openvpn again for each different server, I guess?

Is there an ip check command?   And importantly, is there a warning signal somewhere for dropped service while connected (or just searcrch 'my ip' in the browser to periodically ch\eck un Ovpn?