Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.48.135
hsgdfa

Port forwarding problem - error 110 when checking TCP

I am not able to get port forwarding to work for my PC. I’ve read the FAQ and browsed related threads, but still need help.

I added a random port for TCP & UDP. While running the port forwarding tester, I’m listening to the port at my TAP IP on TCP. While listening, I ran the ‘TCP check’ on that port from the AirVPN website. However, no connections show up in the port forwarding tester, and the AirVPN TCP check returns ‘Error 110 – Connection timed out’ with a dark gray circle. Windows Firewall is disabled. I’ve tested while my PC was connected to multiple servers as well. 

Any tips for what I might be doing wrong, or what might be the problem?

Still having this issue, but I noticed that ports are actually open correctly only when network lock is active. When network lock is off, the TCP check fails. I'd prefer not to be using network lock, so interested to hear any ideas as to why this is occurring.

what is the server that's listening?  it sounds like it's listening on your WAN interface instead of TAP except when it's forced to listen to TAP interface by network lock.

what is the server that's listening?  it sounds like it's listening on your WAN interface instead of TAP except when it's forced to listen to TAP interface by network lock.

I'm no expert, but shouldn't the Port Listening utility use the TAP when I specify the 10... IP provided by AirVPN?

To test further, I just tried Qbittorrent and forced it to use the TAP interface explicitly. Again, while network lock is off the 'check tcp' and canyouseeme tests fail, but when network lock is on both tests succeed. 

To test further, I just tried Qbittorrent and forced it to use the TAP interface explicitly. Again, while network lock is off the 'check tcp' and canyouseeme tests fail, but when network lock is on both tests succeed. 

Hello!

In Eddie 2.10.3 and older versions Network Lock sets specific firewall rules which allow incoming packets in the tunnel and deletes your rules (to restore them when it is de-activated). When Network Lock is off you probably have rules blocking incoming packets to your service or in the tunnel or anything similar.

Kind regards

When Network Lock is off you probably have rules blocking incoming packets to your service or in the tunnel or anything similar.

Thanks, fixed! I figured it was due to some simple mistake I was making. Indeed - I thought I had disabled the firewall, but I had only disabled the domain profile. Once I created rules for the forwarding utility/qBittorrent, everything worked perfectly. Thanks for the help!

When Network Lock is off you probably have rules blocking incoming packets to your service or in the tunnel or anything similar.

Thanks, fixed! I figured it was due to some simple mistake I was making. Indeed - I thought I had disabled the firewall, but I had only disabled the domain profile. Once I created rules for the forwarding utility/qBittorrent, everything worked perfectly. Thanks for the help!

Could you maybe elaborate on this? I'm running in to the same problem of the port check failing unless the network lock is enabled. I'm not sure what firewall rule would be causing this.

Edit: Alright well you got me on the right track. On my qbittorrent firewall rules they were set to only apply to private network. I checked "public" for both tcp and udp rules and now Im getting green on the port forwarding check page. 

Seems this was the solution for me.