Not connected, Your IP: 18.213.4.140

I am using Comcast from USA - used to run AirVPN using vista with no problems

Can somebody list step by step how to resolve this?

when I change network settings (unchecking - obtain IP address automatically, unchecking obtain DNS name automaticaly)

I cannot connect to the internet

I am running Eddie latest version

if you recommend using another GUI be specific with your instructions

this has to be fixed or no point in paying for AirVPN

when I change network settings (unchecking - obtain IP address automatically, unchecking obtain DNS name automaticaly)

I cannot connect to the internet

this has to be fixed or no point in paying for AirVPN

If you're doing this inside the windows network settings then what you're doing is disabling DHCP on your windows machine.

DHCP is responsible for giving your computer an IP address and DNS information. Your computer won't connect without it unless you set your network up as static.

It really has nothing to do with airvpn. Nor should it be changed if DHCP is used to connect your computer to your router or modem. ./unless you know what you're doing.

Perhaps you should explain in detail what the problem is. The title of the thread is Windows 10 DNS leaks. However nothing in the actual post has anything to do with that.

If you're having leaks.

Leave the windows DHCP settings alone for the moment.

Enable the Network lock in the airvpn client. https://airvpn.org/faq/software_lock/

You could also read about the DNS switch mode. https://airvpn.org/faq/software_advanced/

Test for leaks.

https://ipleak.net/

https://www.dnsleaktest.com/

Ok I set network lock in the airvpn client...then connected to a Netherlands  airvpn server 

• when i test with dnsleaktest.com - it shows only my airvpn server ip address - which is good - showing the netherlands server correctly.
  • when i run ipleak - the WebRTC shows the airvpn server but the DNS address detection shows a US server in the next state...I guess this is an email server '69.252.xx.xx'

when i disconnect airvpn,  

• running ipleak - WebRTC shows my home IP address 68.80.x.x, DNS address detection shows the same US server in the next state....'69.252.xx.xx'

so I am thinking that setting network lock fixed all leaks? does it matter if it shows a US server as my DNS IP connection as long as its not my specific IP?

thanks for your help/advice.

Sounds like the network lock fixed the 'leaks'.

WebRTC is a setting in the browser that needs to be disabled.

In firefox you can disable WebRTC in about:config

In the firefox address bar type in about:config

Then in the search area toss in media.peerconnection.enabled

set media.peerconnection.enabled to false

In google chrome I think there's something called WebRTC Block but don't quote me on that.

If you're a chrome user search these forums a bit, there's probably a solution.

In google chrome I think there's something called WebRTC Block but don't quote me on that.

WebRTC Network Limiter

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hello,

if you still have "WebRTC leaks" with Network Lock enabled then the firewall is not working properly. In the last weeks (from the tickets) we have seen a rising amount of Windows users that run two or EVEN THREE firewalls simultaneously, obviously with catastrophic consequences.

We think that running multiple firewalls is the most common reason for which Network Lock is reported to not prevent all leaks in Windows.

We remind you that a firewall is a program running with enough privileges to access and modify the OS packet filtering table. If you run more than one process with such features, you have multiple programs which continuously compete with each other to modify the packet filtering tables, with unpredictable results.

Kind regards

Ok. I do usually run a firewall, but even with this is turned off, I am still experiencing a WebRTC leak when Network Lock is enabled.

Ok. I do usually run a firewall, but even with this is turned off, I am still experiencing a WebRTC leak when Network Lock is enabled.

Any firewall different than Windows Firewall must not be "turned off", it must be removed (if you wish to use Network Lock).

Kind regards