Not connected, Your IP: 18.188.175.182
Staff

Two new 1 Gbit/s servers available (US)

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that two new 1 Gbit/s servers located in New York City and Atlanta, GA (US) are available: Zosma and Kaus.

UPDATE 16-JUL-16: ZOSMA WITHDRAWN (reason: provider could not keep up anymore with the previously agreed monthly traffic)

The AirVPN client will show automatically the new servers, while if you use the OpenVPN client you can generate all the files to access them through our configuration/certificates/key generator (menu "Client Area"->"Config generator").

The servers accept connections on ports 53, 80, 443, 2018 UDP and TCP.

Just like every other Air server, Zosma and Kaus support OpenVPN over SSL and OpenVPN over SSH.

As usual no traffic limits, no logs, no discrimination on protocols and hardened security against various attacks with separate entry and exit-IP addresses.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or issue.

Kind regards and datalove
AirVPN Team

Thanks AirVPN! However, on Speedtest.net it shows both servers are located in the U.S. state of Arizona on the west coast and not the east.

Awesome. I'm happy about the Atlanta one!

Edit:  Oh, and SOA, about that Arizona stuff.  That's bad geolocation data from the geolocation provider.  It'll fix itself over time.  Those IP addresses must have been previously assigned to Arizona and haven't updated yet.  It's a pretty common issue when new servers are brought online.

Awesome. I'm happy about the Atlanta one!

Edit:  Oh, and SOA, about that Arizona stuff.  That's bad geolocation data from the geolocation provider.  It'll fix itself over time.  Those IP addresses must have been previously assigned to Arizona and haven't updated yet.  It's a pretty common issue when new servers are brought online.

Thanks for the info!

EDIT: The company who is providing the servers is based in Phoenix, Arizona. That's Why every location finder has the IP destination in Phoenix.

Thank you! The Georgia server is working great for me so far; better pings and speeds than the next best Chicago servers. I still hope you bring a Texas server back, but this is still an improvement.

Posted ... (edited)

tried to connect to the new york but it keeps sending me to Grum in canada its odd. 

I have that problem with the Pennsylvania server too.  It keeps kicking me off after a while and connecting me to a Canadian server.  I prefer to stay with U.S. servers because otherwise when I go to sites like Amazon.com, etc. I get the Canadian version.  Not to mention different Google search results.

I was really happy about the New York server because there wasn't much in the U.S. Northeast.  I find that it's slow though, even at night when there's not much traffic.  Weird that I get twice the speed connecting to Canadian servers four times as far from my physical location. 

But even with these minor issues, I have to say, AirVPN is still by far the best VPN I've ever used, and I tried many in the past.  The speeds, the service and just knowing that the webmasters are constantly trying to improve makes it head an shoulders above all the rest.

When I ping the New York server it's still coming back as Arizona.

Edited ... by mecdeva

You can set your options so that if it disconnects, it re-connects to the same server you disconnected from, instead of the "best available" at the time.

was really happy about the New York server because there wasn't much in the U.S. Northeast.  I find that it's slow though, even at night when there's not much traffic.  Weir that I get twice the speed connecting to Canadian servers four times as far from my physical location. 

Exactly my experience. Zosma is always slow and disconnects often. I have no problem with Metallah or any of the servers in Toronto. I started trying to use Zosma about a week ago and have had the problem every time.

I've been a subscriber to many VPN services including HMA, PIA, Anonymizer,Torguard and I must say, from an overall performance, security and cost standpoint, Air VPN is so far the best.

Anyone else experience slow speeds on Zosma?

Hello,

we are investigating the issue, please hold on.

Kind regards

Thank you!

EDIT: Problem is completely fixed for me! I am now getting great speeds on the Zosma server!

Thanks, team Air!

Hello! I am posting to announce that the geolocation for Zosma is now correctly displaying that it is in New York City!

AirVPN now has another correctly geolocated East Coast Server!