Not connected, Your IP: 3.235.243.45
Afronautz

Torrent port: 6970 Blocked?!?

Servers Metallah and Alkaid (...could be others as well) seem to be blocking torrent port 6970, as I receive the error message from my torrent client "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it." when trying to seed torrents from a particular site I frequently use on a regular basis.  And yet, when I switch over and use another AirVPN server like Almach in Canada, the torrents seed just fine, no problem, no error message.

I've been troubleshooting with the administrators of the torrent site, and they say that there are no problems on their end, that their tracker is working just fine, and that there are no issues with my account.  Their recommendation is that there may be an issue with my VPN.  That's why I tried connecting my torrent client through a couple of different AirVPN servers when I discovered what seems to be a problem with some of the AirVPN servers blocking torrent port 6970.

I normally connect my torrent client using Metallah (...or one of the other US servers), but for the past 24 hours or so this has not been possible.

What do you think could be going on?

Well, just tried it... Both Metallah and Alkaid connect successfully with port 6970. Using qBittorrent by the way.

Regards

Fox

Then, is 8921 forwarded to my client?  Because when I replace 6970 with 8921 in the announce url of the torrent file in the properties section, the torrent seeds just fine on the two AirVPN servers I mentioned above.  This was a test suggested to me by the torrent site administrators to help identify the problem.

Because I'm speaking of the port that's a part of the tracker's announce url, NOT the port that I have forwarded from AirVPN to me and set in my torrent clients preferences/connection "port used for incoming connections" settings.  I use uTorrent 2.2.1.

Because I'm speaking of the port that's a part of the tracker's announce url, NOT the port that I have forwarded from AirVPN to me and set in my torrent clients preferences/connection "port used for incoming connections" settings.  I use uTorrent 2.2.1.

Hello!

Oh, ok, in this case what we wrote earlier is totally irrelevant.

Kind regards

Hello!

Oh, ok, in this case what we wrote earlier is totally irrelevant.

Kind regards

Yes, that is the feeling I had when I read the first two responses to my post.  I'm sure I should have been clearer.  Any idea of what could be relevant in regards to the issue I am experiencing?  Somehow, those two AirVPN servers (and perhaps others) give me an error when I try to seed torrents that have the 6970 port incorporated into their announce url.

My understanding is that port 6970 is typically used for the BitTorrent protocol.  If it's true, as according to the article I referenced above from TorrentFreak, that data centers are no longer allowing BitTorrent-heavy services on their networks, could it be that the AirVPN servers that I am experiencing problems with when trying to seed torrents with port 6970 specified in their announce url is being blocked?  Because that seems likely to me, and is the reason why I posted this issue here, for AirVPN to look into those servers.

This issue has only appeared within the past 48 hours or so, yet remains constant.  I think there is a problem here that is being overlooked.