Not connected, Your IP: 18.227.114.125
Sign in to follow this  
!@ROCK4aXc@!

Just setting up the Air VPN client v 2.7

Running a commercial firewall and not the windows one, network lock is not enabled. I was wandering if I need to check in the advanced section the options below?

Also a quick overview would be nice on what this does?

Force DNS

Switch DHCP to static 

and Check if the tunnel uses AirVPN servers

Thank you

This should provide a quick overview of the features you were interested in.

Check if the tunnel use AirVPN DNS

When the connection is established, Eddie tries to resolve domain names that are resolved only by our DNS server, to ensure that system is correctly querying our DNS server.
It's not mandatory to use our DNS server, but it's recommended to enjoy our Geolocation Routing service and avoid DNS blocks/DNS poisoning by your provider.

Force DNS

In Windows, every network adapter may have DNS settings.
If this option is active, when the connection starts the client clears any DNS setting for every network adapter.
The TUN/TAP adapter will be updated when the connection is established.
When the connection is closed, the client resets every DNS setting to the original state.
DNS settings are changed during connection, not during the disconnection/connection to another server.

Switch DHCP to Static

If a DHCP adapter is renewed during connection, Windows may reset the original DNS settings.
If this option is active, when the connection starts the client changes any DHCP adapter to Static.
When the connection is closed, the client resets every adapter to the original state.
No action is performed if there isn't any adapter in DHCP.

---

As for do you "need to", not necessarily, I don't for my own scenarios at present, but it's more that they are there if you want them or find you have a need for them.

Thank you knighthawk for the help!

So, as far as the network lock is concerned it at present as per the forum runs with the windows firewall and Comoro firewall. I'm using Kaspersky IS 2015. Is there a way to add rules to other firewalls to have the network lock work as it does with the windows one?

I saw one mention of a user using.bat files to switch between all traffic is blocked out of the VPN and then the switch back to normal... Can't seem to find the post now.

Thanks guys

I'd also like to know if network lock is active even after completely closing the client, or restarting Linux Mint? It doesn't seem so. If not, do we have to go back to using ufw/gufw to block all traffic at start up? Can the client be auto-run (there's a password prompt)?

I'd also like to know if network lock is active even after completely closing the client, or restarting Linux Mint? It doesn't seem so. If not, do we have to go back to using ufw/gufw to block all traffic at start up? Can the client be auto-run (there's a password prompt)?

Hello!

No, when Eddie is shut down the firewall is restored to original setting. This is intentional. Furthermore if Eddie crashes  the firewall is not restored to original settings, so "Network Lock" remains enabled, which is good under a security point of view.

Kind regards