Not connected, Your IP: 3.17.154.171

Hi there,

https://airvpn.org/tor/ says that I should get the Tor browser bundle where as what I had to actually get was one of the Vidalia bundles.

It also says that the socket listen port should be 9150 when it is actually 9050 in the case of latest downloads available as of now.

Just a few set backs I've had tonight. As a first time Tor user it was kind of confusing. There's lots of conflicting info about what to actually download. Too much of ensuring newbies only install the Tor browser bundle.

Hi there,

https://airvpn.org/tor/ says that I should get the Tor browser bundle where as what I had to actually get was one of the Vidalia bundles.

It also says that the socket listen port should be 9150 when it is actually 9050 in the case of latest downloads available as of now.

Just a few set backs I've had tonight. As a first time Tor user it was kind of confusing. There's lots of conflicting info about what to actually download. Too much of ensuring newbies only install the Tor browser bundle.

Hello!

Maybe, or maybe not... after all it is clearly written that it's a working tested configuration, of course you are free to experiment with different configurations, including different bundles, TOR proxies and anything you like.

Kind regards

But with the Tor Browser Bundle all you can really load is the customized FireFox. There's no way to run the tor proxy as far as I can see. The web site even states no other browsers are effected.

But with the Tor Browser Bundle all you can really load is the customized FireFox. There's no way to run the tor proxy as far as I can see. The web site even states no other browsers are effected.

Hello,

when you start it, the TOR proxy starts as well. Remember that if you wish a browser traffic tunneled over OpenVPN over TOR, you must run a browser NOT configured to connect over TOR. If you use a browser configured to connect to the TOR proxy, that browser traffic will be tunneled over TOR only.

Kind regards

Ok that's great thanks.

Thanks for the extra info about not using a tor configured browser. I didn't realise that would happen.