We're glad to inform you that we are opening the beta testing phase of our free and open source software Eddie for Android version 2.0.
Version 2.0 is a quantum leap when compared to 1.0. It tries to meet most, if not all, of our community requirements and keeps the promises we made: swift and full AirVPN integration as well as Android TV extended compatibility.
As usual Eddie is free and open source software released under GPLv3.
You can participate to the beta testing by joining the beta community in the Google Play Store here:
You can also download the Eddie Android 2.0 beta 1 apk directly from our repository:
The application is fully localized and we look for translators, especially for translations into simplified and traditional Chinese. Korean, Japanese and German, but many other languages are welcome. If you wish to translate (from English) please contact email@example.com for every detail.
Eddie Android 2.0 beta 1 adds tons of new features while keeping all the appreciated old ones:
- Free and open source OpenVPN GUI based on OpenVPN 3
- The only Android application officially developed by AirVPN
- Robust, best effort prevention of traffic leaks outside the VPN tunnel
- Battery-conscious application
- Low RAM footprint
- Ergonomic and friendly interface
- Ability to start and connect the application at device boot
- Option to define which apps must have traffic inside or outside the VPN tunnel through white and black list
- Full integration with AirVPN
- Enhanced security thanks to locally stored encrypted data through master password
- Quick one-tap connection and smart, fully automated server selection
- Smart server selection with custom settings
- Manual server selection
- Smart attempts to bypass OpenVPN blocks featuring protocol and server fail-over
- Full Android TV compatibility including D-Pad support. Mouse emulation is not required.
- AirVPN servers sorting options
- Customizable "Favorite" and "Forbidden" servers
- OpenVPN mimetype support to import profiles from external applications
French localization is partial and will be completed soon.
If you test this new version, do not hesitate to report bugs, problems, considerations and any other feedback in this thread. You will help us reach a stable version more quickly. Please remember to report all the device information (brand, model, Android version, environment) as well as the log taken after the problem is occurred (when and if possible).
Changelog 2.0 (VC 10) - Release date: 14 November 2018 by ProMIND - [ProMIND] Added classes for AirVPN connection, management and integration with AirVPN servers. - [ProMIND] Added classes for AirVPN user login, logout and profiles. - [ProMIND] Quick connection to AirVPN. Full connection support with determination of best server, protocol and mode, including server failover. - [ProMIND] Server connection to AirVPN compliant to AirVPN server list. Creation of favorite and forbidden lists. - [ProMIND] New user interface design - [ProMIND] Full Android TV support, including Storage Access Framework (Android SAF, when available) and full support for d-pad navigation. - [ProMIND] OpenVPN mimetype support. Import OpenVPN profiles from external applications. Native Library 1.3.1 - [ProMIND] Added new APIs for system information - [ProMIND] Updated boost library to 1.68.0 - [ProMIND] Updated to latest OpenVPN3 release
Kind regards & datalove