Not connected, Your IP: 44.198.57.9

For the last four months or so I've been using AirVPN primarily to bypass ISP bandwidth shaping and to access Netflix from various countries (US, Canada, UK). Up until earlier today it had been working fine for me and I was able to access the full content of Netflix. Today, however, no matter what country I am proxied from, when I access the Netflix site it detects the nation of origin as US. I have verified my proxy connectivity via sites like IPChicken.com and disconnected/connected at least a dozen times as well as changing browsers, restarting, clearing Internet caches, even changing computers altogether. I've come to believe that there is some internal routing issue that is preventing me from presenting myself to Netflix as an IP from another country. Is this possible and do you have any type of fix? Thanks, shadow1011.

@shadow1011

Hello!

That's correct, our micro-routing system against geographical discriminations will allow access to Neflix USA from every server except UK ones, and to Netflix UK from UK servers.

Kind regards

Thank you for your response, but to be honest I don't know what to make of it. I'm aware that your system allows access to Netflix USA. What I want, and am not able to do since yesterday, is access Netflix Canada through the Canadian proxy and have Netflix see me as accessing Netflix Canada, not Netflix USA. Do you have any suggestions for this, bearing in mind that I am already connected to AirVPN's Canadian proxy?

Hello,

we were not aware that there's a specific Netflix for Canada. In this case we will deactivate the microrouting on Canadian servers.

Kind regards

Thank you for your quick response.Do you maybe have an idea of when that change will go into effect? Also, just for your information, just about every country Netflix is in (USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Sweden, etc.) has a semi-independent content set. And while I can't speak for other customers of yours, I suspect there are more than a few like me who would like to maximize our access to the various content sets. In other words, you may want to consider disabling micro-routing for Netflix (re-directing Netflix users to some other nation) in any country which houses its own domestic Netflix server.

Hello,

Is the microrouting deactivated yet?

I just tried accessing netflix Canada multiple times, but always got the US version (which doesn't have Downton Abbey nor 12 Monkeys).

Yes, the micro routing is disabled, atleast on the Swedish, UK, and Nederlands servers.

It's back to US Netflix, it seems. Could you please check if microrouting is still disabled for Netflix Canada?

Just wanted to add that I experienced the same thing today when trying to watch Canadian Netflix. I got the US version. I wholeheartedly agree with Chojin above. Any chance of a fix?

hello, it seems the problem is back. I don't seem to be able to access netflix Canada.

Also, could you disable microrouting for switzerland?

Netflix is now available in a lot of countries, it would be nice if you could disable microrouting for the following countries:

United States

Canada

United Kingdom

Germany

Netherlands

France

Switzerland

Luxembourg

Nordic countries

Yeah, Canada, Switzerland and Luxembourg still route it through US although Netflix is aviable there.

One more suggestion: Route traffic from countries in which it's not aviable to the nearest country in which Netflix is aviable, for example Spain/Portugal -> FR, Romania -> DE/IT2,..

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.